[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Only Way to Beat the "Challenge"... : JREF / Randi Challenge • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Only Way to Beat the "Challenge"...

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

The Only Way to Beat the "Challenge"...

Postby Student of Sophia » 25 Nov 2009, 08:57

I think the reason the challenge has not been beaten yet is because of the sheep-goat effect. If so then this effect needs to be overcome in order to beat the challenge. I have an idea how to do that.

First, I'll explain the sheep-goat effect a bit. Sheep are 'believers', and goats are 'non-believers'. A psychic challenger takes the million dollar challenge and fails. Why? Because the unconscious psi of Randi and all his goat fans interferes with the psi of the challenger, and no one is the wiser. The sheep-goat effect takes place under the threshold of conscious awareness.

So, here's what we need to do.

There is a correlation between meditation and psychic strength. I think the unconscious psi of the Randi goats could be overcome by a large group of experienced meditators working in psychic unison on a specific task. The more the better, but I think about a hundred or so should do it.

So step one would be getting the meditators together so they can practice group meditation. Step two would be arranging for a group application to the challenge. That could be the hardest part.

Step three would be arranging for the challenge to take place at a time and location that is calculated to be psi-conducive. Then get the meditators together and give them time to get in sync and presto.

Oh, and don't forget a camera to capture the look on Randi's face. :lol:
Student of Sophia

Re: The Only Way to Beat the "Challenge"...

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Nov 2009, 11:39

I like the idea so put it to use and enter the challenge.

1. assemble a team
2. practice to make sure that the group can work together
3. apply for the challenge
4. arrange the challenge for a psi-conducive location and time

Why do you think a 100 people is needed. I mean, is that a 14 or 15 to 1 safety factor here compared to the number of observers from Randi's group? Remember that in many cases it is fairly easy to add streaming video and the tests can be watched worldwide as it happens.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Nov 2009, 11:40

I just realized that this thread is titled with the words "only way".

Why do you think that this is the only way?
Nostradamus

Postby Student of Sophia » 25 Nov 2009, 12:34

Student of Sophia

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Nov 2009, 12:44

Nostradamus

Postby Student of Sophia » 25 Nov 2009, 12:47

Student of Sophia

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Nov 2009, 14:21

I do enjoy sarcasm, but I wasn't being sarcastic. I am all for testing ideas. I think that is good.

Just because I am a goat does not mean that I say psi is impossible or does not exist. The problem for me is that there is only anecdotal evidence to date.

What I don't believe is that it is impossible to test most things. I don't buy into the claim that things exists, but can't be tested. Some people try to do that with psi. Some of the goat-sheep write ups push that position. I think that claim is the same as saying it doesn't exist. But you on the other hand believe that the goat-sheep issue is a surmountable obstacle and that is why I liked your position. Although I am a goat and you a sheep we both believe that the testing is possible.

cheers
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 25 Nov 2009, 16:24

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 25 Nov 2009, 18:10

What you appear to be forgetting, Student, is that before you can even be considered for the challenge, you must first have documented evidence in the media and witnessed by someone with credentials such as in the academic community (from the JREF Challenge anyway). Get past those two hurdles and I can assure you that whichever challenge you are subjected to, the tester will take you seriously. The "only way to beat the challenge" is to have a paranormal ability. It's really as simple as that.
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 25 Nov 2009, 23:35

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Student of Sophia » 26 Nov 2009, 08:19

Last edited by Student of Sophia on 26 Nov 2009, 10:11, edited 2 times in total.
Student of Sophia

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Nov 2009, 08:49

A million split 100 ways still buys a lot of cervezas fria.

GO for the challenge. I can't. I'm a goat. So find a group and then find someone that wants to be in charge. Then pretend to grudging turn over the reins and voila everything happens and you get to have the fame of being able to show for the first time ever that all of those nincompoop smart guys were wrong about psi.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 26 Nov 2009, 15:05

ciscop

Postby kokopelli » 12 Jan 2010, 02:02

I can predict, with 100% certainty, that I won't win The Amazing Randi's million dollar challenge.
OK, now give me my cash! ;)
kokopelli

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Jan 2010, 03:47

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge