[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why do most kids in US hate school but foreign kids love it? : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why do most kids in US hate school but foreign kids love it?

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Why do most kids in US hate school but foreign kids love it?

Postby Scepcop » 22 Nov 2009, 11:47

Why is it that most kids in the US hate school and consider it to be like a prison? They get really excited and celebrate, for example, when school gets canceled for the day. But kids in other countries, like the Philippines, love school and consider it an honor and blessing to go to it?

Is it because the US school system dehumanizes kids, takes away their individuality and makes them feel like "raw material" to be processed? I certainly felt that way, like I was there to be indoctrinated.

This film makes some good points about that. It features a couple independent researchers and freethinkers explaining how the US education system dumbs down kids, turning them into a left brained slave labor force. One guy makes a good point about how artistic and music programs in schools are constantly cut to promote left brain programs.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Why do most kids in US hate school but foreign kids love it?

Postby Nostradamus » 22 Nov 2009, 12:01

I've been to many countries - mainly poorer nations. School is not available to everyone. School is paid for by the parents.

School dehumanizes? I do not believe that.

My kids do well in school because I work with my kids. I, and not the teachers, am responsible for my kids education. The teachers have more ability that me, but failure of my kids is my problem not the teachers. My kids and I do not do their homework together. They do the homework and then explain it to me. I know what books they read. I meet with the teachers on a regular basis. I explain to the teachers what we do at home and then ask the teachers for advice on how I can improve what we do at home.

Failures in our school system happen when parents expect the teachers to be babysitters for their kids. Failures happen when parents are unaware of what their children are learning and doing in school.

Maybe parents in other countries do what we do - care about their childrens' education.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 Nov 2009, 19:10

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Nov 2009, 06:37

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Return to Off-Topic Board