[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Rise and Fall of a Scientific Genius : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Rise and Fall of a Scientific Genius

Discuss General Topics.

The Rise and Fall of a Scientific Genius

Postby accidentsinspace » 19 Nov 2009, 09:52

Royal Raymond Rife, a title most befitting this pioneer of modern medicine. He found the cure to cancer and a myriad of other major illnesses with a machine that used frequencies on the human body. Of course, he was silenced by BIG PHARMA and all his work buried. That's what contemporary medicine is all about. I mean, the biggest profit making racket, next to illegal drugs, is the legal variety, right?

W A K E UP A M E R I K A

accidentsinspace

Re: The Rise and Fall of a Scientific Genius

Postby RarelyImpressed » 19 Nov 2009, 10:31

You will probably be labeled a conspiracy theorist and the word will be used in the wrong context. I always wondered why there has to be a group of "skeptics" instead of being skeptical to begin with. Why does there need to be a movement? Why not take the path down the middle? being agnostic about everything, questioning everything? People are weird from both the believers and skeptics side....lets make some progress on this website and stop bickering like we are arguing about two different sport teams
RarelyImpressed

Postby yellowlawn » 19 Nov 2009, 15:47

I haven't really heard of him before, is there conclusive proof that this stuff works? I mean cure cancer is the Shangri-La of cures?
yellowlawn

Postby ProfWag » 20 Nov 2009, 04:18

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 20 Nov 2009, 04:24

ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Nov 2009, 05:42

This was just another in a long list of tried and unsuccessful techniques. He wasn't silenced. That is poppycock.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 20 Nov 2009, 05:49

ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Nov 2009, 06:22

Big Pharma is the reason leprosy is in decline. Big Pharma is the source of drugs for AIDS.

What is even more interesting is the future that Big Pharma is taking. Many drugs are not used because they are effective for only some people, or are toxic to some people. Being able to connect people to available drugs using a genetic profile for an individual can vastly improve the drugs available.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Eteponge » 20 Nov 2009, 13:28

This is why I appreciate Skeptics being on this forum. To help filter out spurious stuff like this.

I've researched what I could about this guy, from all sources I could find, and I found frequent mention of the following important points ...

* His research was never successfully replicated, his claims were never independently verified, and certain aspects of his theories (that all forms of cancer are caused by viruses) have been disproven (only 15% of cancers are caused by viruses).

* The machines that exist and are sold today as "Rife Machines" are not even his original design.

* Many cancer patients have died using these devices and not seeking real medical treatment.

* Conspiratorial claims regarding "silencing" this man, etc, are stated without any backing evidence whatsoever.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby accidentsinspace » 20 Nov 2009, 14:21

And what were your sources? This is a blank bullshit shill JREF sister site. Dirty scum.
accidentsinspace

Postby Eteponge » 20 Nov 2009, 15:07

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby SeanRMR » 20 Nov 2009, 15:14

Eteponge and that is why a skeptic like me like you as moderator here. Majority people here are Skeptical about things just what we choose not to be skeptical in seems to create the variety.
SeanRMR

Postby RarelyImpressed » 20 Nov 2009, 15:38

I was that way when I had my awakening experience a few years ago. I would take a lot of good information and would in my mind make it gospel, this was going on for a few months. Slowly I began to reserach critically the topics/subjects that interested me and listened to both sides of the argument. Works really well that way...makes your mind sharper and less dogmatic, atleast for me anyway.
RarelyImpressed

Postby NinjaPuppy » 20 Nov 2009, 19:50

NinjaPuppy

Postby Hellboy » 20 Nov 2009, 21:38

Hellboy

Next

Return to General Discussions