[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why I think astrology is false : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions - Page 6 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why I think astrology is false

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Re: Why I think astrology is false

Postby ProfWag » 12 Nov 2009, 06:28

I had almost forgotten about this thread! Don comes on, calls me a name or two, tells me to research "real astrology," then vanishes like a magician's assistant for a few weeks. So, in an effort to save some time for when Don comes on again, I really need a simple answer concerning "real astrology." Again, this really shouldn't be hard. What, exactly, should a "real" astrologer be able to tell about one's future path? I'm beginning to understand now about the concept of "real" astrological natal charts, etc. as compared to daily horrorscopes. I believe I understand that a "real" astrologer may not tell a client what to do, but only what course one should take. Some "real" astrologers claim they can tell when a person will die, but they won't divulge that information. Is that all true Don?
Thanks again for your time.
Wag
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Nov 2009, 10:29

I heard the term 'real astrology' often back in the 1980s. I was renting an apartment from a woman that believed in all sorts of what I consider to be unusual things including astrology. If I questioned her about astrology or a study she'd replay, "Those stupid scientists failed because they didn't use real astrology." It seemed to me at the time that real astrology meant something untested.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby brett » 12 Nov 2009, 14:02

little personal reminiscence here ( to demonstrate how "astrology" rules some peoples lives ) - i went on a date with a seemingly charming female prior to meeting my late wife - well the evening went well until she asked me my birth sign ( Gemini - which may explain a few things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) - and declared " i could not POSSIBLY go out with a Gemini - my life is ruled by the stars " - and promptly left , leaving me sitting there thinking WTF ??

well as it happened i met and married a fellow Gemini ( we where both born on opposite cusps ) and we just clicked when we met - had a great but unfortunately short marriage ( death screwed that up ,not the usual reasons people leave each other ) - so may be there is something to all this :lol: :lol:

never did find out what the aforementioned date"s birth sign was - but guess i had a lucky escape with that one - geez - imagine living with someone who seemingly could not have a s*** without consulting her stars

WTF ??? - INDEED ,methinks :? :? :? :? :? :?
brett

Postby ProfWag » 12 Nov 2009, 19:21

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Nov 2009, 19:25

LOL. I understand that completely. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 13 Nov 2009, 05:09

brett

Postby ProfWag » 13 Nov 2009, 05:52

Boy did that Gemini Male sound like me!!! I mean almost word for word! But, I'm not a Gemini. THAT is what I didn't and don't understand...
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Nov 2009, 09:18

ProfWag - You need to know where your moon is or something like that.

Thanks Brett, that is one accurate description of a gemini male: "The Gemini male usually possesses a dual nature that when in active operation, can drive many of those governed by other Signs to the very edge of their patience and sanity. One minute, this man may be happy and the next, he is miserable...almost in the same breath. Since it is virtually impossible to predict which aspect of the Gemini personality may be on display at any given time, private life with this male can easily become a living hell."

:lol: As I recall, this puts it in a nutshell.
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 13 Nov 2009, 12:10

brett

Postby brett » 13 Nov 2009, 12:16

brett

Postby ProfWag » 13 Nov 2009, 21:46

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Nov 2009, 22:29