View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Fertile soil here

Introduce yourself here!

Fertile soil here

Postby utu lautturi » 09 Nov 2009, 07:05

Hello everyone. Well done of you to put up this informative website.

Why am I here?

I'm at a point in my life that could be called a void of believing in anything else than the natural world as we know it by science. Still, I do believe we face more questions than answers. So the search is not over. At the moment I have no faith in any other method to provide us with honest and as accurate as possible answers as the scientific method. I have been brought up and lived a christian, then devoted my life to yogic and other esoteric practices for 8 years, I have believed in the soul, afterlife, angels, read tons of spiritual texts, experienced mystical things, felt the awesome force of selfsuggestion etc. I have been around beliefs, so it's not it. I simply feel that in the face of proper scientific examination, it has all (despite holding it's intensity) boiled down to my imagination.

As a constant searcher for truth (whatever/wherever that means), you can believe this experience has left me cold.

I am terribly sad, and live an angst-ridden life of constant emotional struggle to survive because of this lack of faith. Every day I wish something would happen or that something would be found/revealed that would simply blow my mind and still stand as 'paranormal' in the face of the most rigorous of scientific scrutinies.

So I am willing and able to learn.

I am fertile soil, though most definitely a demanding field to grow, and seeking for a seed.

Would this be a place to find some?
utu lautturi

Re: Fertile soil here

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Nov 2009, 08:34

Welcome. I hope that you will be able to find a place to grow here.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 09 Nov 2009, 16:19

Hi Utta,
Welcome to the forum.

Well some of us are open minded here and objective. But there are skeptics on this board too. If by "fertile soil" you mean a supportive environment, then perhaps one of the New Age sites would be better as you will find lots of encouragement there without criticism. Since we have skeptics here, posts are subject to their scrutiny too. The only board that they are not supposed to post on is the "share your paranormal experiences" board.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for when you say faith. You say you've had paranormal experiences right? Perhaps what you need is an awakening of consciousness. You need to find out who you are, an eternal spirit. Is peace what you're looking or? Or intellectual answers? Or some feel good experience? Or wisdom? Or do you seek some kind of unity consciousness?

Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby TheEvilUrge725 » 10 Nov 2009, 14:26

Utu, Welcome to the board, I can somewhat relate to your current stance in the big picture, take a look at my introductory thread if you are interested.
TheEvilUrge725

Return to Introduce Yourself