[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Health Care or Scepcop's Bowels : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Health Care or Scepcop's Bowels

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Health Care or Scepcop's Bowels

Postby ProfWag » 04 Nov 2009, 05:32

ProfWag

Re: Health Care or Scepcop's Bowels

Postby brett » 04 Nov 2009, 15:32

ah gawd bless the national health service governor :lol: - there is another downside to "universal health care" too prof and that is as we have found here in the UK ( we pay for ours via "national insurance" deducted from earnings through out ones life ) that because of the accursed EU , we are having to support the health care of thousands ( if not millions - depends which part of the government lies on the subject one believes :roll: ) of immigrants both legal and illegal - at the expense of the indigenous population - and also the cost of drug treatments ( especially for things like cancer drugs ) is an open chequebook for the pharmaceutical companies to exploit

and whilst i DO NOT agree with your system of "ability to pay " - as if say i was to live in the states i would be screwed bigtime with my health problems , i do believe that the fundamental right to BASIC health care for the citizens of a state is paramount PROVIDED they have contributed towards that in some way -( according to means ) but for those who have NEVER contributed , then sorry , we ain't running a charity here :x

mind you this is a very UN PC viewpoint here , and it seems that many regard it as our duty to support every waif and stray that enters the country ( by what ever means ) - and yet they moan like hell about taxation levels - although many of those so vehemently supporting the "rights " of these people are themselves the very ones who have never paid into the system - TAKE yea - contribute not on your Nelly :x

when i was forced to give up work ( because of a stroke which caused my other problems as well ) - I felt guilty for for the first time in my life ( and i started working at 15 years old ) having to ask for help - but now realise that i should not feel guilty as I have paid my whack ( more than actually as we used to get REALLY screwed by the system for having a "second job - that of community fire fighter ) - but even now don't abuse the system as there ARE those out there with greater needs than I

so what the answer is for the states i don't know - certainly i am not advocating the free treatment of things like drug addiction etc - we do this here and yet I and other disabled people get stigmatised as being a "drain" on resources - yet your druggie who is costing the state thousands a year - and probably stealing and robbing to feed the habit - oh they are creatures who deserve "sympathy" -( i tell you our priorities are REALLY screwed up here :x ) - and yet we get frequently abused by people who seem to think the state provides thins like my mobility scooters - they don't of course !! - but the perception is there

any ways sorry for the rant - but this is a subject that REALLY gets my back up - as i see the injustice of the system against those who are ill and disabled through NO fault of their own - yet WE are in our crazy mixed up PC looney tunes country are regarded as the villains of the piece - where as the feckless and lazy just walk in and every one is doing the bleeding harts bit over them :x :x :x :x

better stop now or my blood pressure will go through the roof :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brett

Postby ProfWag » 04 Nov 2009, 19:36

Sorry to get your blood boiling Brett. That wasn't my intention, but it does get to me also. I have absolutely NO problem with helping those who need it. In fact, I think that it is a human right for those who can to hellp those not as fortunate. My problem is in those able to work and choose to collect government subsidies. Of course, that's what our government currently does with Medicaid (if you can get through all the red tape and paperwork, that is.)
I used to date a girl who lived in Thetford, Norfolk. (She was a hottie, but that's a different story... 8-) ) Anyway, the British Gov't gave her 20 quid a week and an appartment to live in, even though she was quite able to work, but didn't. I never understood that, but she was quite happy with it. Don't know if they still give handouts like that and I'm not sure I could agree with it if they did.
But the point of my post is that I am quite concerned with the future of the quality of my health care. Not that we're at the top of the list now, by any stretch...
ProfWag

Postby brett » 05 Nov 2009, 00:59

nah you are ok prof - its the subject ;)
brett

Postby ciscop » 05 Nov 2009, 05:20

you deceived me
i thought we were going to talk about scescop bowels..

hahahahaha

health care.. is the big topic in america now uh?
i am from a 3rd world country so that´s a century from being seen here
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 05 Nov 2009, 05:30

ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 05 Nov 2009, 13:07

i think by all standards we are a 3rd world country
our police men win like 400 dollars a month
no wonder why so many of them are colluded with the drug cartels
who pay them even twice as much
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 05 Nov 2009, 13:44

england's a bloody 3rd world country :roll: ( muse ) - least ways you have sunshine in Mexico :lol:
brett

Postby Nostradamus » 07 Nov 2009, 12:21

I ran into a bit of trouble at a party one time. A person said, "I'm British you know." And I said without thinking, "I know. I could tell by your tan." He was out of sorts before you could say Bob's your uncle. Fortunately, his friends removed him before I received a sound thrashing.

That's right. This is a bowel oriented thread. Here's a link to an advertisement for Colon Blow cereal.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Return to Off-Topic Board