[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
If you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, try fiber tablets! : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

If you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, try fiber tablets!

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

If you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, try fiber tablets!

Postby Scepcop » 27 Oct 2009, 14:18

Hi all,
Just to let you know, in the states I bought this thing called Benefiber, which contains chewable tablets that are fiber supplements. Since then I have not had any Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms again! It turns out fiber really does the trick, at least for some people. So if you suffer from IBS, try some fiber supplements. The chewable tablets are easiest cause you can take them without water. You don't even have to take the recommended dosage, which is way more than you need. If you just take one or two tablets a day, your symptoms get a lot better. I don't know why Benefiber wants you to take 9 tablets a day. Perhaps they just want to sell more? Sheesh.

Later, before I returned to the Philippines, I got a big bottle of fiber tablets from Costco, but of a different brand.

But I still get stomach pains from pineapple, olives and wine though. I don't know why. Is my stomach allergic to those things? How can you be allergic to pineapple? I eat sour candy all the time without problem. So if it's not the sourness in pineapple, then what is it?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: If you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, try fiber tablets!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 27 Oct 2009, 17:41

NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 28 Oct 2009, 00:50

No, olive oil doesn't make me feel bad. But too many olives on pizza do. The funny thing is that I can drink pineapple juice without a problem too. But if I even eat one piece of pineapple fruit, I will get a bad stomachache for hours! I don't know why it's that serious.

The burning in my stomach I get from wine only lasts 15 minutes though. Since I have a choice on the plane, I usually pick the wine, and suffer for it.

Is this a case of food allergies?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Oct 2009, 00:53

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Oct 2009, 00:57

Food allergies can range in symptoms and it can get expensive with the testing. The symptoms can range from a minor tummy upset to death from your throat closing up on you. Also some foods can react in combination with other foods, so sometimes nothing and other times they cause problems.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 29 Oct 2009, 03:01

ProfWag

Postby brett » 29 Oct 2009, 04:23

brett

Postby ProfWag » 29 Oct 2009, 04:35

ProfWag

Postby WhiteTiger » 29 Oct 2009, 06:36

I suggest a good laxative (de debil made me do it) ;)

Tiger
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever
WhiteTiger

Postby brett » 29 Oct 2009, 15:38

some one once suggested that skeptics are like piles , a pain in the ass and a bugger to get rid of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brett

Postby ProfWag » 29 Oct 2009, 18:46

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 03 Nov 2009, 05:25

Actually, I'm just making this post so that the thread entitled Irritable Bowel Syndrome will be right next to a thread about Michael Jackson... :twisted:
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Nov 2009, 05:46

WAY TO GO WAG! :lol:

Actually, IBS is much more interesting and dignified than MJ. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 03 Nov 2009, 06:09

ProfWag

Postby brett » 03 Nov 2009, 19:21

brett

Next

Return to Off-Topic Board