View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What should you do if you have heartburn?

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

What should you do if you have heartburn?

Postby Scepcop » 28 Oct 2009, 00:41

I've been having heartburn the past few weeks. Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night with the burning sensation just below my throat area. I was told I had acid reflex before in Taiwan when they did an endoscopy exam on me (where they ram that scope down your throat). It's quite annoying.

Is there a cure for this? Or do you just have to keep taking Nexum and Tums everyday? I do have some Nexum, and I think I read that you're supposed to take it twice a day half an hour before meals. But the articles I saw online sometimes said different things.

Any of you have heartburn too? If so, what treatment do you use for it?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: What should you do if you have heartburn?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 Oct 2009, 00:52

Heartburn? Zantac 150. Works like a charm.

I had to take it for like 2 straight weeks so that the lining of my stomach could heal. Now when I get the first twinge of heartburn, back on the Zantac for 3 days and I'm fine for months.
NinjaPuppy

Return to Off-Topic Board