[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Let's Discuss Thermite on 9/11 : Conspiracies / Cover Ups • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Let's Discuss Thermite on 9/11

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Let's Discuss Thermite on 9/11

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 22:02

From what I can find, the thermite theory for the collapse of the WTC buildings was started by Steven Jones in the following paper. Do we all agree to this?
http://www.wtc7.net/articles/WhyIndeed09.pdf
ProfWag

Re: Let's Discuss Thermite

Postby WhiteTiger » 26 Oct 2009, 22:07

Since it's a technical matter, does it's origin really matter? Seems to me either the engineering math works or it doesn't, regardless who is on which side at what point.

Tiger
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever
WhiteTiger

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 22:25

ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Oct 2009, 22:39

The origins are important. It sets context for a discussion.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby WhiteTiger » 26 Oct 2009, 22:52

Let me make clear right up front that I'm interested in examination of the available technical details. I'm neither for nor against either side for the most part, other than a general dissatisfaction with the childish explanations of the Official Story, and some very pointed disgust at and anger with many of the wild**s claims of the rabid conspiracy fringies.

And yes, I for one could care less who asserts what... imo the assertions either stand or not on their technical merit. For the purpose of reaching valid conclusions as to the mechanisms of collapse authorship and genesis is irrelevant at this point unless one wishes to use character assassination as a mechanism for judging technical merit.

Character, motivation and psychology can be and are argued endlessly, with no clear resolution. Engineering matters, on the other hand either compute out or not, and the field of competing theories is then narrowed with the elimination of each assertion shown to be technically flawed.

I personally see no purpose in bogging down yet another discussion with personality issues. Unless of course that is the point, to ensure that the sidetrack issues are inbuilt.

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 22:54

As I've stated and asked before, I don't believe that anything but airplanes brought those buildings down and I'm still looking for evidence to the contrary. If you would prefer, we could discuss how many Bic lighters and flatulence it would take to bring down those buildings, but what point is discussing the technical aspects of that combination if that's not what actually brought them down in the first place?
ProfWag

Postby WhiteTiger » 26 Oct 2009, 22:58

Alright nostradamus, if origins are important for context, and this thread is labeled "lets discuss thermite", why don't we discuss the origins and nature of thermite technology? Anything to contribute?

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby WhiteTiger » 26 Oct 2009, 23:03

Well Prof, there's where we differ. I don't believe anything other than the towers came down. My interest is in examining proposed mechanisms for that collapse with the purpose of eliminating candidate proposals. Anything else is going to be simply more circular jaw jacking that serves no purpose other than stroking associated egos and/or confirming existing biases. Imo, of course LOL

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 23:11

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 23:19

BTW, If it looks like I'm backtracking a bit, I probably am as I'm wanting to start at the beginning. Also, I just want to get this whole conspiracy theory forum blown up (pardon the pun...)
ProfWag

Postby WhiteTiger » 26 Oct 2009, 23:29

Okie dokie. You started the thread, head it where you want it to go. I'll bow out and just watch. I had the impression the title of the thread was more literal.

Tiger
WhiteTiger

Postby brett » 26 Oct 2009, 23:40

a most interesting paper , and it is certainly worth reading through AND looking at the videos , especially the ones of controlled demolitions - notice any similarities ??

as to if /if not thermite/thermate was used ?? - well from my small knowledge of fire investigation , the seeming fact that a LOT of the steel work has been removed ( eg evidence ) from what is a crime scene - does raise questions , how are we to determine the facts when so much evidence is now gone forever ?? - at any fire i was involved in NOTHING was moved or touched UNTILL a trained expert had looked it over , and i have spent hours at a fire digging through debris 3 feet thick in places looking for evidence of a glass container ( which was theorised to have been lobbed into a timber pallet yard ) as an incendiary device - now if a provincial fire brigade can do this ,so as to get a clear picture of what caused a fire , is it not odd that the scene of probably one of the biggest collapses in mankind's history , has been treated in such a cavalier manner and cleared with such haste ??

in a plane crash ( bear in mind we had two here ) ALL available evidence is taken to a secure location and analysed ( and here's a question , where the "black boxes from the air liners ever located ?? - after all if they survive crashes and fires , would they NOT have been found somewhere in the debris piles if the buildings had just come down owing to collapse by fire ?? - of course if they WHERE blown to bits by explosives ( one of the few things that could do for them ) - then ................. well go figure ) - so WHY was not all the steel and other debris treated in the same way ?? OK the argument will be thrown up that there was just too much , OK then at least "representative samples "

now i am no expert in explosives or even chemistry - so wont comment on the thermite issue further
- BUT again we have to ask the question - why all the molten steel in the debris ?? AND why the picture of that steel column cut at an angle of 45 degrees ?? - and i have watched programs such as "blasters" etc where they SHOW how shaped charges and cutter charges work - so how come similar things are shown in the pictures ?? - fires don't melt columns that way - that much i know , and in fact have never seen a "MELTED" column - despite them being in raging fires for several hours

the questions are there folks - but as to weather the answers will EVER come out ??? :?
brett

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 23:44

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 26 Oct 2009, 23:53

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 27 Oct 2009, 00:02

ProfWag

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups