[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Check out this awesome movie about ghosts! : Share Interesting Videos and Films • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Check out this awesome movie about ghosts!

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

Check out this awesome movie about ghosts!

Postby jamesbond » 21 Oct 2009, 20:38

Holy dog shit, check out this movie that just came out called "Paranormal Activity." It's about a home that is haunted by a poltergeist (it's not based on a true story but is still scary as hell). Here is the trailer for it, it looks awesome!

jamesbond

Re: Check out this awesome movie about ghosts!

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Oct 2009, 21:56

Bond, James Bond- Yes, I have seen the ads for this movie but it seems that their marketing concept is based on people asking that the movie be shown in their town. I have no idea if this reason is because the movie is 'that bad' or if they are using some new marketing ploy.

Since this is the season for scary movies, their timing is perfect. It's also fiction, so it's pure entertainment. It looks like it's a pretty good movie so if you get a chance to see it, please give us a review.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 22 Oct 2009, 01:12

i heard about this movie on Howard Stern
i am dying to see this one

such a shame that sometimes we get movies 3 months after their release on USA (and movie studios still wonder why we have to download movies or buying them illegaly on the streets).
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 22 Oct 2009, 03:38

i'll wait for the book of the movie of the play of the same name :roll: ( or till its on sale marked down at the local supermarket ) - these films are always WAY hyped up - i cant remember how many i have described as "hilarious" or scary , and did not live up to the hype

and the Blair witch project ?? - not so scary as our tony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brett

Postby ciscop » 22 Oct 2009, 07:47

hahahaha
well
i have always been a big Horror Movie Fan.. so i like to get those adrenaline jumps on the movie threate.. ill definetly going to see this one..
i have a huge collection of B horror Movies.. which i love.. gory and plotless.. quite funny to watch

and yes... blair witch project
was not that good if we see it now
but common brett.. i think of it as a nice experiment in movie plotlines..
i do think this kind of shooting techniques really gets you ¨into¨ the movie kind of like a videogame
i hope more movies will come like this one in the future..
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 22 Oct 2009, 13:50

yea got to agree with you about the old horror movies , with the likes of peter cushing ,Vincent price and bela Lugosi ( in atmospheric black and white ) - the modern ones don't appeal to me so much some how - but that's just me - and as our local multiplex is a 12 quid taxi ride away ( going by mobility scooter at night like NOT a good idea round here :roll: ) - i will have to wait for the DVD to come out - about 6 months time ?? :lol:
brett

Postby Scepcop » 09 Dec 2009, 10:46

We just saw this film yesterday and it wasn't that scary except for a few seconds. Most of it was contrived and predictable and obvious. It might appeal to lower taste but not to higher taste. With each night, the effects on the video increased, so it became obvious. The ending was a let down too and made the film look like a joke.

The psychic chickened out and ran away and the demonologist they were supposed to call never came, so that was a big let down too. And they did nothing but stay in that house all day and night and wouldn't even bother to leave it like they said.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Dec 2009, 11:41

It cost $15K to make and grossed $100M. That's impressive.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby The Warrigal » 09 Dec 2009, 15:03

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Poltergeists are my special area of personal interest where the paranormal is concerned.

A bit over 30 years ago, I experienced poltergeist activity at first hand when I was living in a rented house in Cabramatta Western Sydney.

The activity was highly unpleasant and even destructive to the point that I was very nearly pushed into abandoning my bond money and leaving that house ASAP!

The odd phenomena commenced within about a month of my moving in and persisted for about three months before it fizzled out as mysteriously as it had begun.

(I lived at the same address for a further nine years and never had anything strange happen again. - All of which makes the whole episode so damned odd. As is the fact that I could find no history of tragedy connected with the house).

But during the time in which the poltergeist was active, had it not been for the fact that relatives and friends who visited me during that time also experienced unpleasant and "weird" occurences at that house, I would have questioned my own sanity.

Films and "documetaries" based on alleged poltergeist are over hyped and often just plain garbage, but none of this alters the fact that the phenomena is real and decidedly unsettling.

It has also been my own experience that people who have encountered this phenomena are often relutant to talk about it, probably for fear of ridicule.
The Warrigal

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films