[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Prophetic Telekinesis to debunk JREF : JREF / Randi Challenge - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Prophetic Telekinesis to debunk JREF

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Prophetic Telekinesis to debunk JREF

Postby ciscop » 08 Sep 2009, 08:54

i dont know what are you talking about as usual
but
well done
you are the pack leader of the anti skepticism movement
i clearly can see you as the antitesis of randi

my vote is on you
;)

i really believe this is the best attempt ever to discredit jref
and you will be the closest one to get to do it
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 08 Sep 2009, 09:14

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 08 Sep 2009, 09:25

hahaha you want me to cross the world to see you?
no thanks, thats sounds like a dangerous adventure
i dont want to be in western australia evening news ¨mental patient kills tourist¨

but i do promess i will go to your country
looks like a beautiful place full of awesome people and the best looking girls on the planet (to me at least)
have a good one!

and I FIRMLY BELIEVE
that you are one of the best guys around that the antiskepticism movement has to offer
you should be their leader
you are AWESOME,
i bow to your greatness
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Azrael » 11 Sep 2009, 01:19

I was in a park today and a leaf moved,was that you highflyertoo? LMAO.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby highflyertoo » 12 Sep 2009, 04:42

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby soldiergirl » 12 Sep 2009, 09:32

Highflyer,

I believe you can lift a car because I have lifted one myself before. Gotta love modern conveniences such as car jacks.
soldiergirl

Postby highflyertoo » 03 Oct 2009, 11:11

My time of Telekinesis will happen from when I turn 42 years old which coincides with the Death of President Barack Obama .
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 04 Oct 2009, 03:12

i thought you already proved your telekinesis powers

man...
you know highflyer
when i think about you
i think about that J.Lo movie: ¨the cell¨
i would really like to see what´s up in your mind

you and radin gotta be the craziest people around
all the power to you
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 07 Oct 2009, 20:18

highflyertoo

Postby ProfWag » 07 Oct 2009, 20:48

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 21:58

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 07 Oct 2009, 22:26

ProfWag

Postby brett » 07 Oct 2009, 22:48

got to agree with you there prof - our politico's are shining example of moral rectitude ( or is that immoral rectums ?? ) :lol: :lol:

as to fake mediums the following may be of intrest :

Until recently, in extreme cases, con artists posing as psychics or mediums could be prosecuted under the Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951. Prosecutions were rare, though, because successful conviction demanded that an “intent to deceive” be demonstrated. In 2008, the Fraudulent Mediums Act was abolished, and the problem of fake psychics is dealt with now as a fair trading issue rather than a criminal matter.

Even in the realm of the paranormal, you still have consumer rights. ** If you believe a “psychic” is operating fraudulently, and money is involved, you can report them to the Trading Standards organisation. They may be able to take action.

If the psychic advertises, and you believe the claims in the advertisement are false or misleading, you can also report them to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). One unfortunate “psychic” called Zara found herself hauled in front of the ASA which rejected her claims that she was the “UK’s premier psychic”, that her spells could lead to success in “ Love Money Health Career & Family” and that “for every problem there is a solution”. She was ordered not to make such claims again.

Thanks to an EU directive, all psychics operating in Britain are required to post a disclaimer on their business premises, stating that the service is supplied for entertainment purposes only.

see we got em taped over here - yea right :roll:

** - however when approaching your local trading standards department - be prepared NOT to be taken too seriously :roll:
brett

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Oct 2009, 23:04

People who are hell bent on taking advantage of others will always find that legal loophole to wiggle their way out of trouble. Since there are no regulations on anything associated with the paranormal subjects, it's like declaring open season. In order to take something like this to court, you need to rely on basic business practice laws or State/local license law.

Organized religions around the world used this for centuries.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 08 Oct 2009, 01:23

Thanks for sharing that info Brett. Good stuff!
My personal thought is that the "for entertainment purposes" clause is to protect the psychic rather than the victim, er, uh, uhm, the person receiving the reading. I don't think that disclaimer does much to detract the person wanting to spend money, but it does offer a "way out" for those psychics who are acting fraudulently. Again, just my biased opinion.
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge