[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ATT: ESP Non-believers, please participate. : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

ATT: ESP Non-believers, please participate.

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

ATT: ESP Non-believers, please participate.

Postby quantumparanormal » 05 Oct 2009, 03:17

If you do not believe in ESP, please continue reading the following. We are conducting a precognition (i.e., "knowing" future events beforehand) experiment, but only ESP non-believers are wanted. If you do not believe that phenomena such as precognition are possible, we would like for you to participate in this experiment. It's simple: You will be presented 5 "zener" cards. You will then click on whichever you "feel" will occur in the future. After doing so, a randomly selected card will be displayed.

To participate, please follow this URL:

Please feel free to pass the preceding link/URL around to those whom you believe would like to participate and are also ESP non-believers.

Please, only non-believers in ESP need participate.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Re: ATT: ESP Non-believers, please participate.

Postby brett » 05 Oct 2009, 13:59

ummm- may be a silly question but why only NON believers ?? - surly this is skewing any results ?? and proving WHAT exactly ??

please to explain your methodology and reason for using non believers - are you then going to run a trial using ONLY believers and compare the results ??
brett

Postby ciscop » 05 Oct 2009, 19:20

quantum
after the first experiment
i started selecting the one before image
it never appeared
i did it over 10 times, not sure if its totally random or the software never counts the one before image
or i just dont have esp :D

by the way
on the first one to boost up your data you should use
square, star, circle, cross, wavy lines
thats the way uri geller does it
and there´s like a 40% chance people will chose the star (i shoud know this since i have it on my mentalism´s business card and do the trick on daily basis)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 05 Oct 2009, 21:44

Last edited by quantumparanormal on 05 Oct 2009, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby brett » 05 Oct 2009, 22:01

please feel free to ignore my perfectly valid question :roll:
brett

Postby quantumparanormal » 05 Oct 2009, 23:37

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 05 Oct 2009, 23:38

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 05 Oct 2009, 23:58

i dont know anything about the hypotesis
but im thinking ¨non believers show less % of hits than believers¨ right?
:D i know you cant answer it, no problem

now.. this is what i am saying about the pictures
after the 1st ¨guess¨ (which i didnt get)
i started selecting the previous image
and i never got one hit
lets suppose on test 2 it was a star
then on test 3 i chosed a star and it was a wavy lines
on test 4 i chosed wavy lines and it was a circle
and i did it like that for 10 times
not getting one hit at all :D
by pure chance shouldnt i get at least once?
maybe not. i am a not believer so it should be expected that i have no esp.. the irony.. i love it, this saturday i performed for 200 people doing routines based on esp and remote viewing
i guess i should stick to only doing this with my marked zenner cards :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 06 Oct 2009, 00:15

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 06 Oct 2009, 06:25

all the good luck for you
what i dont get is why is not an ending to the test?.. like doing 10 trials or 5 minutes to guess as many as you can..

is gonna be interesting whatever you find
i wonder if the star is going to be the most chosen ¨target¨
(i know it only works when is on the 2nd position of the alignment)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 06 Oct 2009, 07:32

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 06 Oct 2009, 08:04

Last edited by ciscop on 06 Oct 2009, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 06 Oct 2009, 10:23

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 06 Oct 2009, 11:54

well good luck with your findings
i would really appretiate if you can share at the end of the experiment¨which was the symbol that was guessed the most¨ and ¨which is the position people selected the most¨. not sure if the software gives you that info, i am just curious

have a good one
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 10 Oct 2009, 13:56

I also don't tend to do well in such trials. But then again, getting consistently LESS than chance over many trials also defies the odds.

It's kind of like when you play Keno in Las Vegas or Reno, and you pick a certain amount of numbers while the computers picks others, the more correct you guess, the more money you win. However, if you pick a lot of numbers, and none of them match the computer's numbers, or only a few, you also win money. I almost won 500 dollars one time by scoring too little matches. If I had picked the first number I wanted to, instead of changing my mind about it, I would have won it. But I went with my second instinct and chose another number and only won 10 dollars instead of 500. Damn.

Quantum, what if a participant only does 5 or 10 trials? Would that skew your results? Does it matter how many people are involved in 1000 trials, for example?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy