[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
PLEASE, Need help with Phoenix Lights sighting : UFO's / Aliens / ET's • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

PLEASE, Need help with Phoenix Lights sighting

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

PLEASE, Need help with Phoenix Lights sighting

Postby jakesteele » 01 Oct 2009, 07:58

I never got too much into the Phoenix Lights situation at the time it was happening, My jaw dropped like most people's, and I knew there would be the inevitable battle between the two opposing forces, but I left it at that.

Lately, having taken up battling the debunkers, a couple of niggling questions are bothering me. It seems that there are two distinct incidents that night. The main one, PL, completely overshadows that 1st one that started at Henderson, Nevada, about 243 mile away and was two to two and a half hours earlier. I have been researching all over and below is a timeline of events I have put together that brings up some bothersome questions. I need your help filling in the blanks, adding to or correcting anything I am writing so that I can be as accurate and objective as possible. Thanks.

Lights of varying descriptions were seen by thousands of people between 7:30 and 10:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles,

1. First report came from Henderson, Nevada at 7:30 and Phoenix Lights ended approx. 10;30
2. 3 hr. time span (7:30pm – 10:30pm)
3. 300 miles distance from Henderson, Nevada to Barry Goldwater firing range.
4. astronomer sighting in Phoenix approx. 250 miles away from Henderson at 10:00pm
5. The LUU-2 has a burn time of approximately *5 minutes while suspended from a parachute
6. Flares at Henderson would have to travel hundreds and thousands of mph to get to Phoenix in 5 mins. So obviously, the first event couldn’t be flares unless the N. Guard were dropping them intermittently from Henderson to Phoenix.

*(http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... s/luu2.htm - “LUU-2 has a burn time of approximately 5 minutes while suspended from a parachute.”)

1. Did the N. Guard start at Henderson and drop flares intermittently over the 300 mile stretch?
2. If, so, did they announce it like they announced the Phoenix?
If not, what explanation has been given for the first stretch of sightings that traveled approx. 250 miles and took 2 to 2 and a half hrs.?
Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Re: PLEASE, Need help with Phoenix Lights sighting

Postby ciscop » 01 Oct 2009, 09:03

well...
there is a skeptic explanation but you wouldnt like it
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... tml?&wired

i am not into ufo´s
:-s
not my area of research or concern
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Oct 2009, 11:11

You are correct. There are 2 events that night. The funny part is that people often point out that the governor of Arizona is seen in a video saying this was a real UFO event. What is funny is that the video shows event 2 while the governor describes event 1. This is how screwed up that info is. The first lights were seen by an amateur astronomer that saw that they were airplanes. Not only were the lights identified, but they were identified by someone with good optical equipment.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby jakesteele » 01 Oct 2009, 14:26

Here's the problem I am struggling with. The astronomer saw the airplanes in Phoenix. The first sightings started in Henderson, Nevada, which is 250 away. The astronomer could not be describing the first 250 miles worth of sightings because he physically wasn't there. Also, the flares used had a 5 minute burn time. They would have had to have been traveling thousands of miles an hour to make it from Henderson to Phoenix to the other side of the range.

Also, all I can find about the astronomer's sightings is that he saw "planes". What kind? How many? How big, how small? Is it common practice for the military to drop flares over populated areas in spite of the potential danger involved? If they routinely do drop flares over the city, why would this night have been different that any other night with a similar flare training exercise?

It seems to me that the first event got lumped in with the Phoenix Lights mass sighting and got completely overlooked. The people from Henderson on down to Phoenix saw something, that's a fact. What it was is still wide open to debate. We also know it couldn't be 5-minute burn-time flares. Are there any explanations given for the first 250 mile stretch of sightings that occurred at least 2, if not 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. beforehand. This is driving me nuts. Debunkers give the same canned spiel they always do and if you press through holes in their Official Story they do the knee-jerk ad hominem crap.

I am really frustrated because I know from experience that if a UFO person tried to get away with an affirmative UFO story using the same body of explanations as the debunkers do, the debunkers would be blowing an O-ring. So what's up? What gives? Please help me out.
jakesteele

Postby ciscop » 01 Oct 2009, 22:30

well i told you you wouldnt like the explanation
my problem with this kind of topic and ufo's in general
is that it always end up in the same place
we are talking about other people's experiences and perception of what happened
and discussing what they saw, which is pointless
nothing comes out of it, since there's no way of seeing the "evidence"
is a dead end.
:?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 02 Oct 2009, 05:32

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby jakesteele » 03 Oct 2009, 00:08

jakesteele

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Oct 2009, 11:25

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Oct 2009, 11:37

Last edited by Nostradamus on 04 Oct 2009, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Oct 2009, 11:47

One of the witnesses who claimed that he clearly and distinctly saw a solid shape move through the sky also reported that at the instant this huge low flying UFO passed in front of the moon it immediately turned invisible, but it's passing in front of the moon was visible as a shimmering effect seen of the moon.

So here is a witness that saw an alien craft that knew to turn invisible when he was viewing it! What about turning invisible when all of the other witnesses watch it?

The 'shimmering' the witness saw was actually the appearance of contrails or turbulence across the face of the moon.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Oct 2009, 11:50

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Oct 2009, 11:54

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 04 Oct 2009, 11:58

Another well written description of the events from that night:
Nostradamus

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's