[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Even the most notorious skeptics experience cog. dissonance : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Even the most notorious skeptics experience cog. dissonance

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

Even the most notorious skeptics experience cog. dissonance

Postby quantumparanormal » 20 Sep 2009, 05:08

Last edited by quantumparanormal on 21 Sep 2009, 08:28, edited 6 times in total.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Re: Even the most notorious skeptics experience cog. dissonance

Postby ciscop » 20 Sep 2009, 06:52

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 20 Sep 2009, 06:56

Perhaps it's his lack of English? Nah, he's just really that dumb. Here it is again:
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 20 Sep 2009, 07:05

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 21 Sep 2009, 00:07

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 23 Sep 2009, 05:18

You know
even thought it is your native language and this is my 3rd language
it seems you fail to understand what cog. dissonance means and how people react to it

So.. im going to try to explain to you
You got that right.. Cog. Dissonance is when you hold 2 contradicting ideas and they cause discomfort
what you FAIL to understand
is HOW that discomfort will present..

When talking about how skeptics react to woo evidence, Some skeptics will laugh (not all) and some skeptics will put the article of a quack, i mean helmut schmidt down just like Susan Blackmore did.
If you brought me an article of why fairies exist, i will put it down too
why would i laugh? there´s many ways to react and express my cog. dissonance! it doesnt MEAN i have the idea of FAIRIES existing.. it means i feel discomfort in losing time in reading about something i know it doesnt exist, THAT´S COG. DISSONANCE

just like you will throw away a panflet of scientology or put it down
it doesnt mean you also THINK WE COME FROM XENU (perhaps you do, that wouldnt surprised me, you believe anything)

GOT IT?

i can tell you one thing.. The guys i know screaming cog. dissonance! at others are always the guys most aggraviated by it...
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 23 Sep 2009, 05:50

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 23 Sep 2009, 11:26

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 23 Sep 2009, 13:36

is getting really tiring this
the only thing we are doing is going in circles
i dont think you understand what cog. dissonance is and how people react to it
you think SHE HAS TO BELIEVE IN PSI which is not the case
she built a career in debunking parapsychologist experiments
and yes! she layed down the article to avoid cog. dissonance!
she has done tons of studies and found no evidence for psi
besides you are forgeting the article was from Helmid Schmidt who is a quack here is a link from diccionario para el esceptico
http://spanish.skepdic.com/adhoc.html.... ups i forgot you dont speak a 2nd language like me

and stop saying evidence for psi is overwhelming, you just sound like a radin puppet
go on and show that overwhelming psi evidence you keep mentioning that the CONSPIRACY OF EVIL SKEPTICS keep from the media and from getting mainstream in science... yep even radin states theres no many scientists studying those topics, could it be for the same reason we arent hunting fairies ?

GO ON ! and show us the overwhelming evidence for psi
are those the same that include uri geller or those that include the project alpha?

nah.. is better to diss about skeptics
like you try with wiseman and with blackmore

by the way, in case you havent noticed
is kind of funny the cog. dissonance happening between you and me
the irony.... :lol: :lol:
you are gonna keep saying she shouldnt experience cog. dissonance and i am going to keep saying that yes she should
and that doesnt mean she believes psi is for real.
go on and dissect this comment ill be waiting for your overwhelming psi evidence :lol:
ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 23 Sep 2009, 21:55

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 23 Sep 2009, 23:42

I'm going to write a separate topic that explains why ciscop is wrong in his assessment Blackmore's cognitive dissonance. It will be labeled 'Exposing a pseudo-skeptic's fallacies'.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 24 Sep 2009, 00:11

ciscop

Postby quantumparanormal » 24 Sep 2009, 00:34

Thank you. You just gave me more ammunition to prove my point. Well done!
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 24 Sep 2009, 00:35

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 24 Sep 2009, 00:57

no problem there
my slow learning disability friend
have fun!

:lol:
ciscop

Next

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies