[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Is Scepcop a Pseudo-Skeptic? : Conspiracies / Cover Ups • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is Scepcop a Pseudo-Skeptic?

Discuss Conspiracies and Cover Ups - e.g. 9/11 Truth, JFK Assassination, New World Order, Roswell, Moon Hoax, Secret Societies, etc. whatever conspiracy floats your boat.

Is Scepcop a Pseudo-Skeptic?

Postby ProfWag » 05 Sep 2009, 20:16

Taken from Mr. Wu's "Treatise:"
"But rather than inquiring, or asking questions to try to understand something, they seek to debunk, discredit and ridicule anything that doesn't fit into their belief system. And rather than suspending judgment, they make accusations of fraud and delusion of all paranormal claimants. Hence, we call them pseudo-skeptics (a term coined by the late Marcello Truzzi) for their actions and behaviors are the complete antithesis of what skepticism truly means."

Please review Scepcop's posts concerning 9/11 conspiracy theories and then re-read his own treaties on the definition of a "pseudo-skeptic." Things that me me go "Hmmmmmmmmm."
ProfWag

Re: Is Scepcop a Pseudo-Skeptic?

Postby ciscop » 06 Sep 2009, 01:18

haahahaha you are right

i trully believe is amazing
that joe´s nobody can said anything and he takes them as dogma and calls it ¨irrefutable¨
under the statement ¨why would he lie?, he is a sweet person¨
WHAT????

personally
i think scescop is a good guy but he is just really naive and gullible (uri geller? magic water?)
as a mentalist, he is the type of people i would like to perform for
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 06 Sep 2009, 01:20

Much of the 9/11 postings have been done without knowledge of the facts and there is no apparent effort to ascertain the correctness of the statements. Some of the claims have involved cherry picking of the facts such as the Bin Laden tapes in which the poster knew that Bin Laden had made admissions of guilt yet chosen to only discuss the old news of an earlier tape.

Being properly skeptical I ask those who want to check the facts to do as the Prof recommends - look for yourself to see whether or not Scepcop is a pseudoskeptic.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ontheroad » 11 Sep 2009, 18:33

Writing this on the eighth anniversary of 9-11, yes I agree with ProfWag and ciscop. An irony lost on Scepcop is that when it comes to 9-11, Scepcop is a pseudo-skeptic. 9-11 conspiracy claims are simply without evidence, and worse such claims are predicated on outright fabrications, circular reasoning and distortions, which are an insult to the victims of that terrorist attack. If Truzzi was alive today, a genuine skeptic, he would simply be shaking his head in disbelief at 9-11 conspiracy thinking, and how widespread it is.

Let me be upfront about something, I take the paranormal very seriously. I think telepathy, precogniton, PK, even remote viewing have a lot of evidence for them, so when Scepcop endorses 9-11 conspiracy thinking, I want to tear my hair out. How on earth can mainstream science be expected to take the claims of parapsychologists seriously when conspiracy NWO thinking is so pervasive among its vocal proponents? And it is pervasive, I don't like to admit that, but it appears to be so. Scepcop is not the only one. Frankly I am surprised 9-11 conspiracy belief has not been used against Scepcop as much as it should be, and yes it should be. I am with guys like Michael Shermer and James Randi on this one (kind of amusing that, but really 9-11 conspiracy is beyond the pale, it is not just nutty, it is very sinister) and I for one will give them all the ammunition they need on this front. If I were a csicop type I would be pushing the association of scepcop (and others like him) with 9-11 conspiracy in a big way, and yet (unless I am mistaken) this has not really been done. In fact I know of at least one well-known parapsychologist who is a 9-11 troofer, it is on PUBLIC RECORD. The person concerned is like Scepcop, totally unashamed of his endorsement of 9-11 troofery and the response from the CSICOP crowd (or whatever they are calling themselves nowadays) to this has been.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Really. I researched it - nothing, nada, zilch, rien. My question is - do I (a serious believer in psi) have to do Michael Shermer's job for him, namely using whatever ammunition one can against parapsychology, or rather parapsychologists in this case? It seems so, and I have no qualms doing so.

Watch this space, there is a bad moon rising....
ontheroad

Postby ciscop » 12 Sep 2009, 04:20

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby soldiergirl » 12 Sep 2009, 08:23

Scecop,

Instead of posting 9/11 conspiracy theories on or around 9/11 you should be remembering the people who lost their lives and the people who continue losing their lives to fight for our freedoms, and who make great sacrafices while deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Shame on you Scecop for being so selfish, inconsiderate, and down right thoughtless.
soldiergirl

Postby ProfWag » 16 Sep 2009, 20:36

ProfWag

Postby highflyertoo » 16 Sep 2009, 22:02

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 16 Sep 2009, 22:14

And another thing soldiergal, the American sanctions upon the Iraqi people caused tens of thousands of deaths to the children and old people and to those who required nourishment to fight off diseases.
How dare the Military take food off the plates of the Iraqi civillian population. The Iraqi's were under enough pressure by Saddam, and then George Bush Senior put embargos on Iraqi's Populace.

So the Iraqi civillians were not strong enough to overthrow Saddam, And then Mr Bush says by cutting off their food would somehow make the weak Iraqi civillians ''miraculously'' strong enough to overthrow Saddam's Regeime?. And who made sure that the Iraqi Children and Elderly wouldn't be properly fed? The GUILTY American Military .

Soldiergirl loves to take the children's bread away and replace it with Bombs upon their heads and beds.

Soldiergirl is a freedom thief!!!
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby Nostradamus » 16 Sep 2009, 22:47

Way off topic highflyertoo. And miserable lies of the left to boot.
Thanks for showing us your ability to tell bald faced lies. Fits other posts as well.
Nostradamus

Postby highflyertoo » 16 Sep 2009, 23:02

highflyertoo

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Sep 2009, 06:22

Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 17 Sep 2009, 09:47

why are we talking about 911 on this thread?

highflyer dont you have a statue to fight with?
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Sep 2009, 12:29

Highflyer so sorry that you have been misled. Try reading about the events instead of repeating silly sound bites. I know it takes time and effort, but I know you are capable of more than repeating slogans of by-gone campaigns.
Nostradamus

Postby highflyertoo » 17 Sep 2009, 13:48

highflyertoo

Next

Return to Conspiracies / Cover Ups