[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello from The Book of THoTH : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hello from The Book of THoTH

Introduce yourself here!

Hello from The Book of THoTH

Postby THoTH » 08 Sep 2009, 16:54

WoW what an absolutely amazing site you guys have here. I run a site called The Book of THoTH, geared towards discussion and research of the paranormal too, have done for the last 5 years. We're fully behind your endeavour to make known the infantile approaches many of these pseudo skeptics use. The bearded failed magician skeptic organisation had members spam our private message area a year or so ago, with "get some real noledge" sic. I'm all for healthy debate, and some skepticism is perfectly acceptable, but your crusade against the pseuds is thoroughly admirable. Thank you !

Wish I had more time to check what you have on offer, but if I see any feeds anywhere I'll add them to my site. People need to know about you!

Once again congratulations on an excellent site, and thank you !
THoTH

Re: Hello from The Book of THoTH

Postby Scepcop » 10 Sep 2009, 02:29

Hi Thoth,
I was just looking at your site too, and it looks very admirable too, and has a very nice layout with lots of rich content. I was looking for a contact button on there to contact you about exchanging links, but couldn't find one. So here you are anyway :) Anyhow, would you like to exchange links on our home pages or somewhere? And can you mention us on your forum too?

I don't have any feeds yet, and am not sure how to set one up. Maybe you can show me, if it's easy?

By the way, some of your links on the sitemap, such as the "Submit Weblinks" link, doesn't work. Were you aware of that?

Thanks,
Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Lonecat » 01 Oct 2009, 23:58

Well, hello again Scepcop and Thoth! I am glad to see that I have got you two people together: that's the way birds of a feather flock! As you can see, I am the Lonecat who recently discovered this amazing website, SCEPCOP. I was recently mentioned on that other great website run by Victor Zammit and which is presented as "The Case for the Afterlife". I am so glad that you three magnificent websites now know each other.

I must apologise for not visiting SCEPCOP very frequently since I introduced myself but I am rather busy just now scrapiing up work for the winter (English classes, translations, Voices off and Dubbing, etc.) That takes up a lot of my time. Nevertheless, my thoughts are always running along the lines the so-called paranormal as a subject that deserves more, serious study. Of course there is certainly very much study and research going on already but this seems to occur only among, sensible, open-minded people who just seek truth. I was recently visited here in Madrid by two very close friends from Liverpool. Their ideas are poles apart although they are brothers. One says he hasn't much idea about life after this one or even what Internet is all about and wants to know more about these subjects. His brother just rolls another cigarrette, orders another round of wine and says "bollocks to all that" :twisted: I laugh and say that I can't accept that as a fair argument but thanks for the drink :D

I would very much like to have close contact with people on a regular basis rather than just have to respond to lots of different, and unknown people all the time so that we could build up a circle which would exchange experiences and opinions, always with referenc to the three great websites I have mentioned.

Anyway, that's all the time I have for the moment. For me it's back to the studio. Take care, all of you! Lonecat :D
Lonecat

Postby WhiteTiger » 05 Oct 2009, 13:59

I didn't want to clutter up your intro section with yet another BoT howdy, so I'm just adding mine to Thoth's.

I had actually been visiting here and reading the materials since well before Lonecat posted his promo for SCEPCOP over in the BoT forums, but have just now gotten around to joining here (been a tad busy with RL).

Lots to browse through here, and I'll no doubt be poking my nose into conversations hither and yon. Fair warning: I tend to be something of a gadfly to all sides, but I promise not to troll or descend to ad hom ;)

Tiger
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever
WhiteTiger

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Oct 2009, 19:59

Welcome WhiteTiger!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Lonecat » 14 Oct 2009, 01:24

Hey, WhiteTiger! Hello! It's good to see you are on this website, too. I hope you can find the time to pitch in on the subject of negative and positive "skepticism". See ya! ;)
Lonecat

Return to Introduce Yourself