[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why I think astrology is false : Divination / Fortune Telling / Predictions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why I think astrology is false

Discuss Divination, Fortune Telling - Astrology, Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Tea Leaves, etc. and Predictions.

Re: Why I think astrology is false

Postby ProfWag » 04 Sep 2009, 22:01

Hi Don. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post. I have several comments and questions based on your input to me, but some of my questions may be different based on how you answer a couple questions first.
Before I begin, however, I freely admitted that I don’t know very much about astrology, yet I immediately get criticized which makes me feel that I shouldn’t post my opinions or comments because of that lack of knowledge. I am here to learn and to clarify if my opinions are accurate or need changing. I would hope you and others are here for that reason also. Otherwise, that would make someone a pseudo-believer, would it not?
Next, you say astrology is far more accurate than two people born on the same day in the same hospital. I’m assuming that you mean that you need to know the time of birth also? Is that correct? How accurate for the time of birth do you need to be to produce a valuable reading?
I will say that I partially agree with your comment: “We’d have to look at people born at the same place and at the same time. The chances of which are highly unlikely.” Although, I can easily show hospitals that have many, many births per day (ask me for reference if you’d like it, I've looked it up.) So, the question is begged again, how accurate must the time of birth be to receive a valuable reading? If they are different by a minute, does that produce significant, different results? 5 minutes? An hour? 6 hours?
More to come based on your response and thanks in advance. I want to reiterate please, that I am asking questions from a laymen’s position. I am not, nor have I had any training in astrology. You seem to know this subject so I am asking. I admit that I have been and probably will be very skeptical of astrology (You can even call me “pseudo-skeptical” if that makes you happy), but I am open to listening and learning.
Wag
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 04 Sep 2009, 23:00

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 05 Sep 2009, 03:00

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 05 Sep 2009, 03:13

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 Sep 2009, 03:23

ProfWag - You come over and sit with me on the 'Small Medium at Large' thread under this topic and we can discuss Mediums, Hell's Half-Acre, paranormal groups... you name it.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Don » 06 Sep 2009, 06:32

Don

Postby Don » 06 Sep 2009, 06:39

Don

Postby ProfWag » 06 Sep 2009, 07:43

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 06 Sep 2009, 07:46

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 06 Sep 2009, 07:49

Oh, and Don, if you don't mind, would you answer the questions from my post about how accurate times of birth must be please?
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 06 Sep 2009, 07:53

ProfWag

Postby Don » 08 Sep 2009, 08:39

Don

Postby Don » 08 Sep 2009, 08:44

Don

Postby Don » 08 Sep 2009, 09:13