[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello, everyone. : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hello, everyone.

Introduce yourself here!

Hello, everyone.

Postby Chica » 24 Aug 2009, 04:24

I've been having a look around this forum and am impressed by what I have read.As a result, I decided to join.
I probably won't post right away as I'm only finding my feet here.I have much to read yet. :|
Love is the goal, the key to everything.
Chica

Re: Hello, everyone.

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Aug 2009, 06:40

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Chica » 24 Aug 2009, 16:10

Thank you for the welcome, NinjaPuppy.
Chica

Postby Eteponge » 24 Aug 2009, 16:17

Welcome!

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Chica » 24 Aug 2009, 20:23

Pleased to meet you,Eteponge. That ID must be an anagram. No? :D
Chica

Postby The Warrigal » 24 Aug 2009, 20:52

Hi!
The Warrigal

Postby Chica » 24 Aug 2009, 20:56

Hi, Warrigal. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Chica

Postby Scepcop » 26 Aug 2009, 09:33

Welcome Chica. Nice avatar there. Looks very esoteric.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Chica » 26 Aug 2009, 17:16

Thanks, Scepcop. I was certainly drawn to it. Not sure why. Just want to say you have filled a huge gap with this forum.
The very woo woo stuff turns me off as I'm afraid I use logic a lot but this approach here is just what I need right now.
Well done, you. :)
Chica

Postby ProfWag » 26 Aug 2009, 20:26

Look forward to your thoughts Chica!
ProfWag

Postby Chica » 26 Aug 2009, 20:52

Kind of you to say that, ProfWag.Just remember I'm here to learn rather than to spout wisdom.
There's been a battle raging inside me for years: logic versus intuition. Two things I am not-and they are gullible or cynical.
I'm a doubter in that I don't jump to the conclusion that an event is paranormal when it may well be normal.The other part
of me, paradoxically, longs for the conviction that other dimensions, including the world of spirit, exist in the natural scheme
of things.I've been on forums where any wayout woo is accepted as truth. I'm glad to find this one is not so. :)
Chica

Postby Eteponge » 26 Aug 2009, 23:19

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Chica » 27 Aug 2009, 04:49

Snap, Etaponge.The extremes enrage me. The New Age proponents make the most off-the-wall statements sometimes eg
one saying she was channeling The Archangel Michael and another maintaining that he was one of those sent to help the world
in 2012. I've also found that some of the hardline sceptics are the very people who have done no paranormal research whatsoever.
They are not sceptics at all. Rather they are closed- minded cynics.I'd better stop there before I upset someone. :)
Chica

Postby Scepcop » 27 Aug 2009, 11:39

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Chica » 27 Aug 2009, 16:34

You got it in one, Scepcop.I'm a neutral with strong leanings to the realms of the mysterious-in any form.
I was about to say that those who have actually experienced eg an OBE or an NDE, are fortunate but, on further
reflection, perhaps not. Maybe they are illusions. That's typical of my thinking.I so wish it were otherwise but I
seem to be stuck there for the present.

Perhaps this post should be elsewhere in the forum. I think it may be in danger of going off topic.
Chica

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself