[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Greetings from a PSIentist : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Greetings from a PSIentist

Introduce yourself here!

Greetings from a PSIentist

Postby PSIentist » 25 Aug 2009, 05:21

Hello everybody,

I'm from Germany. Student, musician and author of various stories on the paranormal and science-fiction. The reason why I decided to join this forum is my serious interest in psychic phenomena and its implications on our nature. This does not mean that I "believe" in the paranormal, but that I regard it as a yet misunderstood way of understanding human nature. I think the term "belief" should only be referred to religious topics, not to science, and that's what I consider parapsychology to be. Unfortunately some people have a different opinion about that, but this doesn't keep me from being interested in spiritual issues. I've come across some provoking thoughts by materialists who say: "Materialism might be depressing, but that's how the universe works." There was a time when I shared this opinion, I'm afraid, although I've never understood the materialistic explanation of the creation of the universe which says that it all originated from "nothing". How can something be created when nothing exists?
In the end I should mention that I write stories on the paranormal for entertainment purposes and someone like me should be glad that parapsychology is controversial, otherwise nobody would be interested in what I do. ;) People only get excited about the mysterious and unexplained, don't they?
“I didn't say that it was possible, I just said that it happened.” - Sir William Crookes

'We should not go for complete skepticism, but for degrees of probability'. - Bertrand Russell
PSIentist

Re: Greetings from a PSIentist

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Aug 2009, 06:22

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 26 Aug 2009, 09:36

Welcome. Do you live in Germany now, or you were originally from there?

It must be fun to write paranormal stories. What magazine or book or website do you write for?

Feel free to share some of your best stories.

Are your stories about ghosts and haunted houses?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby PSIentist » 27 Aug 2009, 05:00

“I didn't say that it was possible, I just said that it happened.” - Sir William Crookes

'We should not go for complete skepticism, but for degrees of probability'. - Bertrand Russell
PSIentist

Postby The Warrigal » 27 Aug 2009, 05:14

Welcome PSIentist.

Very interesting intro.

I look foreward to reading more of your comments.
The Warrigal

Return to Introduce Yourself