[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
WILL STORR VS SUPERNATURAL : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

WILL STORR VS SUPERNATURAL

Discuss General Topics.

WILL STORR VS SUPERNATURAL

Postby evoasbo » 20 Aug 2009, 18:50

Hi

i was just wondering if anyone had read this book, if not could someone read it and give me some feedback :)

i think any serious sceptic should readit.

its a true story of this mans investigations into ghosts and as he says himself he started off his journey to have a laugh at at a demonoligist (lou gentile). but it leads him down a path he wasnt expecting to travel.

i could explain it more but i think the book should speek for itself, he truely reads on both sides.

http://www.willstorr.co.uk/
http://www.amazon.com/Will-Storr-vs-Sup ... 0061132195
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." ~ Plato
evoasbo

Re: WILL STORR VS SUPERNATURAL

Postby brett » 20 Aug 2009, 19:01

bloody good book that - and yes all skeptics AND believers should read it !! - exposes a lot of the BS that I moan about - will has done a great service to paranormal research with this in my opinion :D

recommended for your bookshelf :D
brett

Postby evoasbo » 20 Aug 2009, 19:12

thank "GOD" someone who agrees with me. :)
when i bought it i was expecting a very diffrent story to unfold, i couldnt believe how neutral he was in diffrent situations.

i think ill read it again soon :P
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." ~ Plato
evoasbo

Postby brett » 20 Aug 2009, 19:15

brett

Postby ProfWag » 21 Aug 2009, 01:38

I've placed it on my Amazon.com "wish list." I hope it comes from as honest as an assessment as it's being portrayed.
I look forward to reading it.
ProfWag

Postby evoasbo » 21 Aug 2009, 01:52

i hope you enjoy it "profwag", i hope i havent oversold it :)

but i genuinely would like to hear back your assement of it, im not saying i agree totaly with everything in the book and im not saying it will change your position!
but it seems to be a guys honest insight into the supernatural.
evoasbo

Postby ProfWag » 21 Aug 2009, 02:16

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 21 Aug 2009, 02:25

By the way Evoasbo, (sorry for being off topic), but I love your country! I might like Edinburg a bit more than Glasgow, but plant my butt in any ol' pub with some lager and some highland single malt, and leave me to wilt away. I would be quite content for my remaining years.
ProfWag

Postby evoasbo » 21 Aug 2009, 03:33

here here profwag :)

i myself like edinburgh a bit better than glasgow (dont tell anyone i said that), its got a bit more history about it.

and plenty of "ghost walks" :lol: which i must admit i have been on and take with a very very big pinch of salt :lol: but a fun night out none the less :)

and i agree you cant beat a good "auld" scottish pub :)
evoasbo

Postby ProfWag » 21 Aug 2009, 04:34

Unfortunately, I don't make it over there near as much as I'd like, though I am going to one of your Open Golf Championships in the next couple years, at least that's the plan. I used to live down in the Ely/Cambridge area back 20-25 years ago and got up there as often as I could. They just don't have anything quite like pub life here in the US. There just isn't anything quite like going out on a rainy, chilly night and into a fire-lit pub with some froth and some good laughs. Ahhh the memories.
I was on one of the ghost walks a couple years ago myself. Quite fun indeed! Especially watching some of the others who were true, hard-core believers in that sort of thing. Really tickled me.
Anyway, sorry again for the diversion, welcome to the forum and now, back to our regularly scheduled forum...
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Aug 2009, 07:08

NinjaPuppy

Return to General Discussions