[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Telltale signs of psychic awareness : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Telltale signs of psychic awareness

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Telltale signs of psychic awareness

Postby TruthJunkie » 24 Jun 2013, 04:22

I promise I will leave this thread up. I am in the process of starting a book while evaluating the nature of what is worthwhile for the audience of this forum. I am not interested in being a part of the conflict between skeptics and psychics. I am not a part of that conflict. I have experienced first person direct evidence of the nature of spirit and energetic phenomenon.

To begin I suggest the notion that psychic is not beyond normal. It is a rarer form of normal, or not, and that truly depends on each person. Some people have "active" imaginations and well you can only guess what that means; either the subconscious is generating a lot of stimuli or a whole lot of entities are in your head. You can only imagine which camp I reside in. Particularly as a result of a significant period of spiritual training and practice. And the choice I made to pursue that path.

The signs of psychic awareness are subtle. I can generally finish peoples sentences. Sometimes I will say things that precede another persons action as if I knew what they were intending to do. I do not do anything here. It's a knowing. I am not actively intending any more than being a part of the company. I did not turn on the "we are psychic" now switch. Nothing of the sort. For me this is an ordinary normal reality. I have been this way since birth. I have gotten in trouble for seeing through someones lie. I know when they are lying. I know when I am being manipulated and I can read agreements between total strangers. From there we move into contact phenomenon (subconscious); images, voices, sensations in the body outside of normal physical processes in nature, visual phenomenon confirmation such as UFO's, orbs, energy fields, and perceptual shifts from healing and meditation work.

This thread is intended to be a gentle discourse of what it means to be psychic. All are welcome. The goal of course is to share the knowledge. I encourage people to explore. There are no dumb questions and regardless of whether you hold an unwavering opinion one way or another I think you will find that beyond the symbols of language is a continuum we are all a part of. Regardless of what we call these aspects they are very real to those who experience them. This is why these experiences continue to survive in the times of modern science. Fundamental nature.
TruthJunkie

Re: Telltale signs of psychic awareness

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Jun 2013, 11:25

Go for it. I understand exactly what you are saying.

If you don't want any skeptic commentary, I can label this thread NSA, which means No Skeptics Allowed. It works well.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 24 Jun 2013, 21:21

won't project stargate want you for a sunbeam???
SydneyPSIder

Postby ProfWag » 25 Jun 2013, 18:26

Truthjunkie, is it your assertion that being psychic is paranormal? Many of the things you mentioned are really nothing more than being good at reading body language and has nothing at all to do with my understanding of the definition of the term "psychic."
What science has yet to support is being able to read minds, project thoughts, view objects from considerable distances, and speaking with the deceased. Knowing how someone is going to finish a sentence is nothing paranormal from my understanding.
ProfWag

Postby really? » 25 Jun 2013, 19:06

Almost every time, I wonder why people so easily choose the paranormal explanations over prosaic explanations.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Jun 2013, 20:42

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 26 Jun 2013, 02:27

Well, I don't think its semantics. I identified with a number of traits in the OP as well - but I don't ascribe them to anything along the lines of being psychic.
Arouet

Postby TruthJunkie » 26 Jun 2013, 02:49

Let's begin by having each of you define "psychic" as you know it. Reference matters and "psychic" is a charged word that has a long history of interpretation and misinterpretation. Even more interesting is that perhaps you too are psychic. We shall see but first we need a solid foundation to move forward and a discussion on what "psychic" is (and is not) is a great place to start.

Warning: I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and will be gone for a week. I can respond later this evening and perhaps tomorrow morning but most likely will not be connected over the holiday.
TruthJunkie

Postby Arouet » 26 Jun 2013, 03:08

Well- I think its generally defined as receiving information by anomalous means (well, the general definition of psi anyway).

If one is simply skilled at analysis and can therefore make good predicitons about what someone is going to say or do based on their past behaviour then i would not call that anomalous.
Arouet

Postby TruthJunkie » 26 Jun 2013, 03:50

I will wait until more have responded ... Here's an experience from this morning ...

I am at the bakery counter eyeing the baked goods and the man next to me (on the left) is in the process of paying his bill and is signing an electronic pad and I witness him write his name. I say to him "Nice signature". I was observing the symmetry in the lines and curves in the signature. I proceed with something like "Nice lines and curves. That's a signature style of someone with a gift for the arts". He responded with "I am an art coordinator". All of this took place in 10 seconds. Eventfulness on my psychic 1-10? 1.

Is this a psychic experience? How much information did I have on this stranger? Did I use my own information to analyze the signature and draw a conclusion much like a horoscope? Was this purely intuitive? A combination of information and intuition? Coincidence? How does one fill in the blanks and produce a result that is accurate to a complete stranger?

Another incident. I am at the breakfast counter at the local diner. The waitress says "My BF made a nice chicken dinner last night". I said "I would be happy to come cook you a chicken dinner any time. But of course I would have to attend culinary school first (said as a joke)". She looked a bit startled and responded with "He went to culinary school". Eventfulness on my psychic 1-10? 1.

Is this a coincidence?
Where are the events where I don't get it right? There are few if any. This is not a common practice for me.

What are the odds of seeing a signature and stating an occupation or knowing that the waitresses BF is a trained chef?
This is where it gets fun. Psychic training occurs with physical sense deprivation. We literally shut our eyes and learn to read. I spent years reading from a light trance meditation with eyes closed and physical sensitivities muted or dialed down. This in fact creates a space where the inner senses have more prominence than the physical senses. It's like learning how to navigate the world blind. Most people experience physical sense deprivation during sleep and rest cycles. At some point you begin to experience stimuli from inner and outer senses at the same time and become conscious of independent experiences taking place simultaneously; i.e. engaging a thought stream within while interacting with the physical world.

I will wait for more input on what "psychic" is before I continue.
Last edited by TruthJunkie on 26 Jun 2013, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.
TruthJunkie

Postby Arouet » 26 Jun 2013, 04:07

Well, I can certainly think of reasons why seeing the signature might make you think the person had artistic talent but these type of situations are hard because we haven't seen the signature, we don't know exactly what went through your mind, how else the guy was holding himself, etc.

With regard to the culinary school - well, first of all I might tell you not to hit on on a girl when she's just told you she had a boyfriend (:)) but from an analytical point of view, we can't really do a statistical analysis. Again, we can think of very normal reasons for the hit, but on a single hit one can never do a statistical analysis and anything we could throw out at you would be mere speculation.

The more interesting thing would be your comment that there are no cases where you are off base. That's something that can be theoretically be tested, although admittedly it would be tough in a natural setting. It involves catching all the cases, and deciding how do we interpret what is off-base or not. We have to control for confirmation bias (ie: it is natural for us to remember the hits and forget the misses). It's not an easy test to set up.
Arouet

Postby TruthJunkie » 26 Jun 2013, 04:16

TruthJunkie

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Jun 2013, 06:33

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 26 Jun 2013, 18:30

I've always considered the term psychic to refer to the act of showing a phenomena that cannot be explained by the laws of nature or physics.
Obviously looking at a signature and concluding that the person has special artistic abilities is not psychic. Ninja's example could potentially be psychic, but it's unverifiable so it, too, is not psychic yet. Had she told us on the board of her fear prior to going out and getting into an accident, then that would have been an interesting starting point. But to show that it was not a coincidence, it would have to be repeatable.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Jun 2013, 21:44

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy