[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Vaccines and Autism : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Vaccines and Autism

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Vaccines and Autism

Postby ProfWag » 02 Feb 2010, 05:30

Does anyone have any thoughts on this article?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599195765600
ProfWag

Re: Vaccines and Autism

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Feb 2010, 06:44

Wow! I never get any money for donating blood. Talk about the ultimate party favor!

Actually, the MMR shot was exactly the begining of my daughter's problems. There is/was no link to that vaccination and autism but as a mom, I did suspect some sort of relationship between the two.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 02 Feb 2010, 06:59

not only he was carrying out unethical stuff on children but he was also WRONG on his findings
what an idiot

i hope they revoke his licence
and that oprah stop having jenny mccarthy on her show
giving her exposure to this madness
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 02 Feb 2010, 08:26

I think I can understand Ninja's opinion based on her experiments. My experience is nothing more than what I read and from what I gather, it's a shame that if those vaccines are truly not the cause of autism and other illnesses, then some children may have gotten needlessly sick from not taking them. And, if that's so, then there must still be something out there that is the culprit and it needs to be found.
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Feb 2010, 20:27

Autism is one of those things that remains elusive. I eventually chalked it off as my daughter pulling genes from the low end of the gene pool since we could not find a definitive reason. Here's a list of possibles that were discussed in her early years:

1. MMR vacination
2. Exposure to chloridane (our first home had been improperly over treated by the owner and not a professional)
3. Food allergies (the strange thing is that what HF2 posted in another topic is very similar)
4. Quality medical care (she was one of those pregnancies that should have naturally aborted before term but the docs kept that from happening)
5. The DNA luck of the draw

I'm sure if I think more about this, I can come up with more theories that were thrown at me by different doctors, but these are the top five.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 02 Feb 2010, 21:45

ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 12 Feb 2013, 03:20

Freethinker George Jettison discusses vaccines and autism with some critical thinking. He concludes that the real disturbing purpose of vaccines is to CAUSE disease, not to prevent it.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby SydneyPSIder » 12 Feb 2013, 07:57

we had a big discussion on this on another thread recently...
SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 12 Feb 2013, 09:10

I really want to get back to that thread and delve into it! I've been so busy lately to do that kind of research would mean I'd have to stay up late! I hope to find some time though. It's a far more important topic than the moon landing!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Feb 2013, 22:28

Me too! I've been away but now I'm back. Once I get a day or two to catch up, I should have some time to get into some research.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Feb 2013, 07:51

I've decided to start with the last video (George Jettison discusses vaccines and autism) posted by SCEPCOP. He claims, "autism didn't used to exist". Hmmmm, I can't verify or disprove that statement but my friend who's son has autism and I have said before, we've had a similar conversation decades ago and we basically decided that the technology and diagnosis procedure has improved to where they can now break down problems by degrees and years ago and kids like ours were just "stupid" or "retarded". Some were even believed to be be deaf when there wasn't a darned thing wrong with their hearing.

This video is very hard to watch/listen to. This guy may be a freethinker but he's also confusing as all hell. I think I'll start with ProfWag's link instead.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Feb 2013, 07:53

Crapf! The link from the OP is dead.
NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 19 Feb 2013, 09:26

SydneyPSIder

Postby Arouet » 19 Feb 2013, 11:56

Arouet