[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My experience so far with my home-made ouija board. : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

My experience so far with my home-made ouija board.

Discuss General Topics.

My experience so far with my home-made ouija board.

Postby Apprenticewizard535 » 15 Feb 2013, 14:43

Hello.

I made a home-made ouija board becuase I have gotten an interest in them and I made one out of a very hard posterboard with the planchette made out of the same.
The same night I made it I went to sleep and had a few nightmares and then a few days later the board was sitting in my room and I woke up in the middle of the night and the light in my room got
really dim for a few seconds then started flickering then went back to normal. I also at the same time heard something in all of my stuff at the end of my bed being moved for a second or two.
Soon after that I tryed to use my ouija board to contact any spirits and didnt have any success. then however when I went to bed after that I thought I heard a little noise in my room that sounded like
a jelly bean or a lego falling onto my desk and I got a bad feeling and felt like someone was standing in my room watching me. I looked and there was no one there. then the next night I tried to use my ouija board
again and I asked if there were any spirits there. extreamly slowly the planchette began to move (I had 2 fingers resting on it but I know I wasent moving it). it moved to "Yes" then I asked the spirit if it was its first
time being in my room. and the planchette moved to "No" then I asked it if it was a bad spirit and it moved the planchette back to "Yes" then I asked what its name was and it spelled out the letters LXWT. then I said:
Ok im saying goodbye can you move the planchette to goodbye??? and then the planchette moved to "Goodbye" then I put the board away.

I was quite shocked and a little nervous when I made contact with the spirit. but what I'm wondering is should I be worried about anything???
and what should I do if I continue to have weird activity and experiences in my house?
Apprenticewizard535

Re: My experience so far with my home-made ouija board.

Postby really? » 15 Feb 2013, 21:22

Have you heard of the ideomotor effect ?
really?

Postby Apprenticewizard535 » 16 Feb 2013, 04:18

No what is that?
Apprenticewizard535

Postby drastikmeazures » 16 Feb 2013, 06:41

Me personally, I'd never use or make a ouija. While I do believe in spirits and find the whole idea fascinating, I don't want visits from them in my home. I just don't see any good coming from contacting spirits, and from what I've heard once they've grown accustomed to a person or space it can be very difficult convincing them to leave.

Be very careful, and if you have issues in the future don't destroy the board, contact a professional who can bind it and help you dispose of it.
drastikmeazures

Postby SydneyPSIder » 16 Feb 2013, 11:52

I dunno. Your mileage will vary. I once printed a ouija board off google images onto A3 and put it on a portable drawing board, but then I realised the hypothetical ghost in my apartment died in around 1867 and compulsory education didn't start for the masses until the 1880s, so there's a fair chance he couldn't read or write, making the exercise pretty moot. He was poor and buried in a pauper's grave, so chances of being literate were low. You have to bear in mind literacy issues when using a ouija board.
SydneyPSIder

Postby really? » 16 Feb 2013, 23:35

really?

Postby Apprenticewizard535 » 18 Feb 2013, 12:56

UPDATE

ok now ive contacted another spirit that told me his name was patrik. there was a guy that lived next door to me named patrik that died about 8 or 9 years ago.
I asked him some questions and he replied making sense so I decided to see if it was the ideometer effect that was making me move the planchette so I asked him if he whould
try to move it on his own without me touching it. he replyed: yes so I took my hand off of it waited about 30 seconds and I heard something hit one of the TV's in my room. I coudent
figure out what. then I asked if it was him and he replyed yes. these events are definitely Interconnected. I am starting to re-evaluate my plans and decide whether or not to get rid of the board
Apprenticewizard535

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Feb 2013, 22:18

NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 19 Feb 2013, 04:24

I'm sticking with the ideomotor effect. That's the simplest explanation. Remember I'm not unfamiliar with the board. Remember it's claimed the spirit is moving the planchette. I test of this effect could be done by counter balancing the arms and having the planchette or the the board sensitive to applied pressure.

As for testimonials. What do you have with a pile of testimonials ? You have a pile of testimonials, not facts.
really?

Postby really? » 19 Feb 2013, 04:37

really?

Postby really? » 19 Feb 2013, 04:42

really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Feb 2013, 05:51

NinjaPuppy

Postby SydneyPSIder » 19 Feb 2013, 05:56

The other thing is it takes energy for a spirit to move the planchette -- not all spirits have that much energy or inclination in reality. OK, supposedly they 'possess' you to use your muscles to move the thing, so it's better if you're a medium to begin with. And as long as you don't mind the idea of being possessed in that fashion. I always think ouija boards are a bit crap, to be honest, especially without a good medium present -- and a really good medium can communicate with spirits without a board anyhow. I think any spirits you might manage to call up who don't feel like possessing you or can't get it to work get frustrated and play up instead by moving things around the room and hanging around for long periods uninvited etc.

Assuming it's not an ideomotor effect. You should do really?'s blinded test to be sure. Then claim $1M from Randi.
SydneyPSIder

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Feb 2013, 06:15

NinjaPuppy

Return to General Discussions