[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Is Anyone Prepared to Try a Little Exercise? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is Anyone Prepared to Try a Little Exercise?

Discuss General Topics.

Is Anyone Prepared to Try a Little Exercise?

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 19:19

As noted before I consider myself a true zetetic, but whilst I was growing up I was very dogmatic in my beliefs. I overcame that rigid structure in part by ingesting psychedelics and in part by reading and practising brainchanging books and exercises.

The most important exercise I used is based on the admonishment the walk a mile in another mans shoes before judging him. I would quite literally spend time (usually a couple of weeks, but it depended how entrenched I was) being somebody else. How it would work around here would be for the skeptics to spend some time really diving into all the YouTube and CT websites without the critical thinking they think they use now. You must BELIEVE and approach everything with a WOW and OMG attitude. The same for the CT's. You must question everything you read hyper critically from the perspective of one who automatically suspects BS or a hidden agenda.

Everyone here knows how the other side come across, but if you really want to learn you have to become them.
If you think you know what's going on you're probably full of shit - Robert Anton Wilson
The23rdman

Re: Is Anyone Prepared to Try a Little Exercise?

Postby Arouet » 19 Dec 2012, 19:27

I'm all for trying to see things from the other side (I think I try to do that all the time!) but I think the proponents on this site would object to being labelled as uncritical thinkers who believe whatever catches their fancy! ;)
Arouet

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 20:03

I'm only speaking as I have seen and from the perspective of someone who doesn't believe in anything absolutely. Maybe my choice of words could be considered inflammatory, but that may say more about the nervous system of any who take offence than mine.

for what it's worth, Arouet, I have read a lot of your posts and you do seem to be courteous in your dealings with others. I am sure you would learn a lot from this exercise, but that is entirely up to you. I posted it to see if anyone truly does wish to find common ground...
If you think you know what's going on you're probably full of shit - Robert Anton Wilson
The23rdman

Postby SydneyPSIder » 19 Dec 2012, 20:14

Last edited by SydneyPSIder on 19 Dec 2012, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyPSIder

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 20:19

Sydney, with the absolute greatest of respect, I've seen little evidence that you think the way you say you do. As far as I have read of your posts you seem to jump a little quickly to conclusions.
The23rdman

Postby SydneyPSIder » 19 Dec 2012, 20:21

SydneyPSIder

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 20:27

Maybe I'll call you up in conversation if I spot it happening, but I'm not going to go through the forum looking for examples because that is bordering on character assassination in my book. I wasn't trying to offend you in any way, but simply remarking that my extensive reading through the back threads led me to question your statement.
The23rdman

Postby SydneyPSIder » 19 Dec 2012, 20:52

SydneyPSIder

Postby really? » 19 Dec 2012, 21:01

really?

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 21:06

Okay guys, let's try not to make this a thread about who did or didn't do this or that. I apologise for calling you out, Syd, as that wasn't the idea.

I can see that if everyone here thinks they are a true skeptic then it'll be pointless.
The23rdman

Postby really? » 19 Dec 2012, 21:10

Last edited by really? on 19 Dec 2012, 23:33, edited 2 times in total.
really?

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 21:15

*sigh*
The23rdman

Postby Arouet » 19 Dec 2012, 21:24

Arouet

Postby The23rdman » 19 Dec 2012, 21:28

I see what you are saying and I now understand why it wont work. This exercise takes a remarkable amount of self awareness to even entertain. Perhaps I should frame it differently... Actually, I can see that it really is pointless. Neddermind.
The23rdman

Postby really? » 19 Dec 2012, 23:49

really?

Next

Return to General Discussions