[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My method of inducing an out of body experience : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

My method of inducing an out of body experience

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

My method of inducing an out of body experience

Postby Alan McDougall » 03 Aug 2012, 06:18

Hi All try it out if you like!

How to have an out of body experience (By Alan McDougall)

Greetings I hope someone find this of interest

The mind or soul is definitely separate from the physical brain

The Trigger of out of body experience

First lie down in a darkened room in a relaxing position. (Or sit)
Loosen your clothing and remove all jewellery.

Try to clear your mind and observe what I call eyelid visions
After a while, you may notice light patterns, peoples, animals colors etc

Enter the first phase of sleep but retain awareness

Wait until you begin to feel a vibration, like a swarm of bees usually around or near your head

Try to move your body. If you are unable to move you have reached the vital stage of hypnagogic sleep paralysis

Now you might feel pressure on your body like being squeezed by a great hand

Let it happen, do not get afraid, the buzzing vibration might get more intense and louder. You have nothing to be scared about just give in to the coming experience

Imagine rolling out of your bed or flouting up to the ceiling if you like

And then , maybe that very night you might leave your body and find yourself floating below the ceiling looking down on your resting sleeping physical body,

Strange as it might seem you might be aware of what your physical body and your etheriall body are experience at the same moment

Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

You can then explore the earth and later maybe the universe

Love

Alan
Alan McDougall

Re: My method of inducing an out of body experience

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 06:37

I used to be able to do this all the time when I was a kid. Sometimes I would marvel at the light patterns made by shutting my eyes real tight or putting slight pressure on my eyelids to make the colors and shapes change.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 03 Aug 2012, 23:52

I've taught "Astral Projection" for more than 15 years now, based on personal experience and insights from my friend Richard Webster in New Zealand. Technically what these classes teach is "Mental Projection" which, according to certain mystery traditions, is the first step towards actual out of body action and from the more analytical point of view, little other than self-induced hypnotic states.

True OBEs come in two primary forms; a natural or organic occurrence that typically takes place during deep REM sleep. Frequently such manifestations have to do with very personal issues and concerns such as an ailing friend or relative that you can't physically get to, but you can access via this process. In many circumstances the person visited will have recollection of having seen or "felt" your presence during such happenings.

Needless to say the other version of this comes as the result of YEARS of disciplined exercise and focus. There does come a point when the Mental aspect of such projective efforts drastically shifts and becomes a quantitative happening. One of the best examples of this is the testimony of numerous Vietnam vets/POW's who swear that Aliens (ET) came to their camps and literally carried some of them out of the camp the night before the massive B-52 bombings began over Hanoi. I happen to know the back story on this event and members of the Psychic study group that made these things happen via OBE/Astral Projection. This however, brings us to another side of the OBE scenario . . .

I've touched on the Mental and Etheric side of this concept but there is one other side, what's known as Bi-Location; when one is seen physically at two locations at the same time. There are several noted accounts of this sort but in each instance the person involved was a noted "Miracle Worker" or "Enlightened" teacher, some even tied to the Church (but seen as radicals and heretics). Very, very few ever obtain this level of transference and those that do have been working at it for a number of life times . . . as we'd say within said circles.

Another area that one should at least look at is a short lived OBE technique called The Cristos Effect as well as Alpha Consciousness or Alpha Mind. Both were known of and even reached "trend" popularity in the 1970s and are very much tied to the concept of Astral Travel.
Craig Browning

Postby Alan McDougall » 04 Aug 2012, 04:34

Thanks Craig for your more detaled explanation of the OOBE. Do you think the person experiencing the event is observing real happenings, or are they just illusions of the mind?

I admit I am too lazy to go to all the trouble to achieve an OBE by conscious effort, I use vivid dreaming as a useful alternate and have had amazing visions of the night by this more spontaneuos method, although I am not sure it is actaul astral travel?
Alan McDougall

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Aug 2012, 21:24

"Mental Projection" literally entails the imagination alongside the subconscious observations and personal intuition . . . or so goes the traditional explanation. The key here is in the title "Mental" projection, which is where we see the clue . . . the fact that there is a strong psychological influence when it comes to the journey and what's observed (including physical sensation). This likewise ties in with the more clinical explanation to OBE scenarios; the idea that various chemical and electrical synapses take place as one consciously or unconsciously drifts into the deeper levels of relaxation a.k.a. trance.

If this is something you're curious about I'd suggest you check your lethargy at the door and head for the library. They have wonderful things in these supposedly antiquated building, called "books" and there's a vast wealth of information to be found in them. I'd suggest you start with "Wisdom of the Mystic Masters" and a novel by James Redfield entitled "The Celestine Prophecy", the two will certainly help open your mind when it comes to this type of mystery.
Craig Browning

Postby Alan McDougall » 06 Aug 2012, 00:34

Alan McDougall

Postby SydneyPSIder » 11 Sep 2012, 15:00

SydneyPSIder

Postby Alan McDougall » 13 Sep 2012, 08:48

I saw these things in a near death experience of which I had two, what you posted is not an Out of Body event, but a short extract and very condensed piece of a much larger testimony.

What I wrote about did not all come from one single near death event, or single other experience, and it is also sourced from a mix of Out of Body events, dreams and innate intrinsic knowledge that I have ingrained into my understanding. Somehow over the years, I have mentally “downloaded” into my brain and understanding, much of this mysterious knowledge direct from what I call the “Universal Superconsciousness”, this consciousness is a conglomerate of wisdom and knowledge of all sentient beings in our physical universe, also known as the collective unconsciousness, a sort of cosmic internet if you like.
Alan McDougall

Postby SydneyPSIder » 13 Sep 2012, 15:03

SydneyPSIder

Postby Alan McDougall » 13 Sep 2012, 16:08

What is a BBQ
Alan McDougall

Postby SydneyPSIder » 13 Sep 2012, 19:21

SydneyPSIder

Postby Alan McDougall » 13 Sep 2012, 20:09

I live in South Africa we call it a Braai from the Afrikaans word bake. We barbecue a lot over here due to the sunny climate.

What you are suggesting I do is known as remote viewing I have tried this with some success in the past but to get the actual type of BBQ you have without knowing anything about you is almost impossible.
Alan McDougall

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Sep 2012, 01:26

Craig Browning

Postby SydneyPSIder » 14 Sep 2012, 08:01

SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 14 Sep 2012, 12:05

Back from the appt. Further, you would ideally do a double-blind test or study where I am also initially blinded, i.e. I would need to identify a landmark or other thing of interest with an attribute that I hadn't yet seen, get any OBE person to 'visit' it astrally and identify the attribute, report back on what it was, and then I could go and check it. It's possible for instance that if I knew what the item was, I could psychically transfer the knowledge to the OBE claimant somehow, so it needs to be double-blinded. An example is the one I've given, is it possible to tell me the brand of the clock in the town hall, because I have not yet seen it or looked for it. Or if I can identify some sort of text somewhere high up on a wall or something, or inside a space, that I need to look at intensely using binoculars or similar. And it also has to be something that an accomplice cannot get to easily in the foreign country, or cannot google easily, or spot in Street View or google Earth.

I'll take silence to mean that it can't be done and a lot of the OBE accounts are an imaginary hoax, and that it is an attempt to mislead gullible people with Christianised Western New Age hogwash for some personal reason, whether for money or just ego gratification or to create an air of mystery for further exploitation for money.

If you couldn't tell, I actually get quite annoyed when false paranormal phenomena and supposedly unimpeachable conclusions about exactly what 'God' is etc are presented as the unflagging truth on the basis of no actual evidence whatsoever. For the same reason, unlike many adults, I haven't read any works of fiction for at least the past 20 years (except the official 9/11 Commission report, perhaps), preferring to take an interest in non-fiction and how the real world works, as there is plenty of stuff there to interest and entertain and understand, and I get extremely ropable when people like James Frey or Robert Kiyosaki pass off works of fiction as non-fiction to manipulate people.

The OP is presented as 'how to astral travel or OBE in one easy lesson, try this at home, kids, it's easy!' I would humbly proffer that achieving an OBE in reality is not that easy for most people.

I would hate to think this site just attracts frauds and fakes of the very kind the pseudosceptics regularly expose, looking for an avenue to re-peddle their wares. This does not lend credibility to the psi research movement, or serve to debunk pseudosceptics, rather it just gives them more ammunition and allows them to point to the complete lack of scientific rigour in such accounts and beliefs, and weakens the entire purpose of the forum, whether inadvertently or deliberately.

BBC did something recently showing how so many fairground psychics are just fakes -- Warning -- it's extremely uncomfortable viewing:

SydneyPSIder

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits