[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
How to embed YouTube videos on this forum : Share Interesting Videos and Films • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

How to embed YouTube videos on this forum

Share or recommend interesting films and videos about paranormal phenomena, awakening topics, skepticism, spirituality, metaphysics, science, conspiracies, etc.

How to embed YouTube videos on this forum

Postby Scepcop » 24 May 2009, 23:18

To embed YouTube videos in your post, simply put the YouTube URL between these tags.

[youtube] YouTube URL [/youtube]

Or you can just highlight the YouTube URL and then click the "youtube" button in the panel above.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: How to embed YouTube videos on this forum

Postby Scepcop » 13 Aug 2009, 21:41

It seems that some of you are not embedding the YouTube videos correctly here, for one simple reason. You are leaving blank spaces before or after the YouTube URL between the [youtube] and [/youtube] brackets. Remove the spaces, and the video will show correctly. I've already fixed this for some of you in your posts. Just remember not to have spaces between the youtube brackets.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 09 Nov 2009, 00:13

Another thing.

When you embed the YouTube URL between the [youtube] and [/youtube] brackets, make sure to remove the "&feature=related" part at the end of the YouTube URL, if it's there. Otherwise, the video will not embed and display properly here.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby micky011 » 22 Jun 2012, 15:56

embed of you Tube put to and ues in forums
put embed and forums massage side top of bar see code use open paste embed in code.
micky011

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Jun 2012, 22:52

Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 22 Jun 2012, 23:07

Ok, I'll try it. People like cute cats so I will use a cute cat video:

Seems to have worked: Craig, I'm using chrome. Have you tried in a different browser?
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Jun 2012, 00:38

I already knew it worked. ;)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Jun 2012, 21:17

I'll refer you all to my many bitter remarks over the past few years in which I could not get videos to post.

I use Firefox as a browser and it's current. But my argument is NO OTHER FORUM using this format that I've been on (and that's at least a few dozen) has ever restricted what sites you can use for posting video, but they haven't the headaches this site has. Most of the more current forums instantly set the videos no matter the source URL. . . no need to frame the links, it simply goes up when you set it in and post.

So wagging your tail by posting cute kitty cats to prove a point, don't hack it on my end.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 23 Jun 2012, 22:09

I agree this software is hopelessly out of date and given that its free I would think SCEPCOP would want to update it because its certainly a detriment to the site. Still, that doesn't change that the tags seem to work. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
Arouet

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 25 Jul 2012, 05:48

Thankyou, SCECOP. After many tries and efforts, I finally managed to post a vid from youtube.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Jul 2012, 06:59

It works if you realize that YouTube has updated but this site has not. You need to find the "SHARE" button and then under the link you'll see "options". You need to hit that check off the "Long Link" to get one that will work with the "youtube" command in your "POST A REPLY" commands.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 25 Jul 2012, 21:15

Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Jul 2012, 02:43

Sorry Craig, you can complain all you want, I don't have the powers to upgrade this site. Scepcop has already said that he is not intending to make any upgrades at this time.

We will keep on doing the "usual". You post the YouTube link and I'll click on the two extra commands to make it work. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 20 Dec 2012, 01:05

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 20 Dec 2012, 01:11

Btw all,
I just installed the vimeo hack. Now you can embed videos from vimeo too. See the vimeo button above in the post forum. You can wrap a vimeo video between the vimeo tags by putting the number of the video (not the URL) like this:

[vimeo]vimeo video number without URL[/vimeo]

Here is an example of a video of Yosemite National Park embedded from vimeo:

Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to Share Interesting Videos and Films