[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
World's Oldest Person : Off-Topic Board • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

World's Oldest Person

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

World's Oldest Person

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2011, 05:02

Also on yahoo today, there is a video showing the most recently declared world's oldest person, an Ohio woman, who is 119.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/cleveland-w ... 9-24619593

However, in January (2 months ago), there was an article that the world's oldest person died and she was 114.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/31/world ... es-at-114/

So, my question is, why was this person who is 119 not considered the world's oldest person 2 months ago when that person was "only" 114? Did she have, like, 5 birthdays in the past 60 days? Can anyone honestly explain? I may not be able to sleep until I can figure this out so any help would be appreciated...
ProfWag

Re: World's Oldest Person

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2011, 07:08

This smacks of the lizards. Please keep us apprised as to the results of this important research.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2011, 19:07

Mystery Solved! It appears someone else is looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

From the Guinness web site:

Oldest Living Person Update
Guinness World Records is aware of Rebecca Lanier’s claim as the potential title holder for the ‘Oldest Living Person’.

In order for Guinness World Records to verify a title holder for the ‘Oldest Living Person’, verifiable proof of birth is required, which in this case must include (but is not limited to) a birth certificate. This can include a 1900 census match, as done with our previous 2009 title holder and daughter of slaves, Gertrude Baines. Social Security records, or what is deemed “late-life documents” are not an acceptable source of proof on their own as these often contain inflated ages for those who applied before the age of computerization. They are also not accurate as there have been cases in which individuals add years to their age to retire early.

According to Senior Guinness World Records Gerontology consultant Robert Young, a family-history search of census records supports the notion that Rebecca Shambley (as was her maiden name) was born in 1905, not 1892. “An investigation into Ms. Lanier's age located two census records that suggest she was born in 1905 or 1906 (age 14 in 1920; age 24 in 1930). Both the 1920 and 1930 census reports were based on verbal responses, so even with any slight misspellings, this shouldn’t deter us from recognizing who is who.”

Guinness World Records is continuing to look into an earlier census match from 1900 or 1910.

Currently, the Guinness World Records title holder for the ‘Oldest Living Person’ is 114 year old, Besse Cooper (Tennessee USA, b. August 1896), who currently resides in Monroe, Georgia and was first recognized on January 31st, 2011.

###

24 March 2011
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 25 Mar 2011, 19:25

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

I know that my own grandmother didn't know what year she was born, let alone what day or month she was born. Heck, she didn't even know her real last name. Everything was changed when her family arrived at Ellis Island and she was just an infant. At least one sibling died during the trip and they picked up a new kid as a replacement who lost both parents. Things were pretty loosie goosie back then as far as ID.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2011, 21:46

So it was the lizards who stole her birth certificate?
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2011, 21:54

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2011, 21:56

Telepathically.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Mar 2011, 18:26

NinjaPuppy

Postby miranda145 » 18 Oct 2011, 14:55

And I always think about generations when see some info about so old people... I get fascinated by prospects such as being an adult with a living great-great grandfather. Or being very old but still having a living father. Or being merely kinda old and visiting your grandfather. Or being middle aged and having a great-grandfather. What do you think about this?
miranda145

Postby craig weiler » 19 Oct 2011, 04:13

My wife has a 100 year old Grandmother. I don't think she'll be in the record books though.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Oct 2011, 09:51

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 29 Dec 2011, 01:36

I really don't care how long I live, unless I can do it while having my favourite fine image editor. Anyone know where I can buy one?
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Jan 2012, 10:06

NinjaPuppy

Postby Jalen » 28 Mar 2012, 21:10

My grandfather passed away in the age of the 101 years and it was a longest age span and he was very healthy person and in that age he was completely fit and even though his eye side was not weak and he never use the glasses in his life.
Jalen

Return to Off-Topic Board