[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
My wife And the medium. : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

My wife And the medium.

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

My wife And the medium.

Postby diddyp333 » 21 Feb 2012, 20:49

A couple of weeks ago my wife went to a local event in our small town. We are based in Bedfordshire in England. It was an evening with a medium. my wife said that she was really good and gave some excellent information to a lot of people. I being my sceptical self asked if she was told anything by the medium. This is what she was told..most of it I can put down to cold reading but there is one thing thats got me a bit stumped.

1. She was told she has a busy life at home ( doesn't everyone?)

2. That she had a happy and good relationship ( that's true...what can I say I'm a great husband ha ha)

3. There was a woman standing next to her who looked a bit like her who had been taken too early. She had suffered from a problem in her chest area and died quickly after being diagnosed. ( this is true..my wife's cousin has recently died from breast cancer at age about 40 ish she was diagnosed and died shortly afterwords however she doesn't look a thing like my wife and this can easily be explained as a lucky guess.

4. Do we have any wallpaper hanging down in our house? If not then someone in the family does and she's saying you should get it fixed now. ( now this is the one I've got a problem with....we didnt have anything of the sort and not even any walls which needed fixing. After about a week of plucking up the courage to tell her mother that she had been to an evening with a medium and that she had got a couple of things from her deceased cousin, she told her everything. According to her mum apparently the room in which her cousin spent her last few days had wallpaper coming away from the walls because of a leak in the bathroom. My wife didn't know this until she spoke to her mum. Coincidence maybe? Or something else? I don't know. ....Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts

Many thanks.
diddyp333

Re: My wife And the medium.

Postby Craig Browning » 21 Feb 2012, 23:11

Firstly, there's no such thing as a "Lucky Guess" that is an excuse skeptics use in order to sustain their delusion that nothing is real.

Secondly, the Wall Paper message was for you more than it was for anyone; it is what we call a "convincer" in the biz.

I've done work as a professional Reader since the latter 1970s, there's not a year that goes by that I don't have a dozen or so sessions that reveal uncanny and quite specific details about a client or someone the client's tied to in life that neither of us had any possible way of knowing about in advance; the information wasn't jiving with the sitter and yet clarity would take root, sometimes during the Reading itself or within a day or two of the Reading. In that I do record my session (contrary to the claims of most skeptics many psychics do offer a recording to clients) it was quite easy to take an objective look at such things and count the number of accuracies. . . not vague and "maybe" hits but solid and direct connections.

No, this does not mean that it happens with every sitter -- IT DOESN'T! and any psychic that says otherwise is full of crap; the gift doesn't work that way even though it will give clients insight to what they "need" to know at the moment vs. what they may want to know. This is frequently the problem with Psychic work in that we aren't "Prophets", we're READERS -- we translate information as best we can based on what is shown to us via which ever system we work with. When it comes to Mediumship I'm far more skeptical, but I have had experiences in that arena that scared the hell out of me and still make me ponder why anyone would want to have that sort of connection with any kind of disembodied entity -- it's simply creepy and nauseating as far as I'm concerned.

Very few people know what "Cold Reading" actually is or isn't even within the world of the know-it-all magician. For starters, if you're basing your idea of what it means based on the works of Joe Nichol, James Randi or Ian Rowland you're automatically screwed in that none of them honestly know what they're saying; two of the three have NEVER done any kind of work as a professional Reader so what they say is psycho-babble and speculation. Randi actually did work as a Psychic but was outed because he was so bad at it; his reaction to said rejection was to lash out with tremendous venom. . . it was a slightly delayed response however, it would take his being rejected by a certain kid from Israel to really light that fire back in the late 1960s/early 70s. Randi wanted to manage the kid and his U.S. Tour while Uri thought it a bad move. . . or so goes the story (not the JREF approved spin).

To be a true skeptic one need question those "authorities" that attempt to convince you that the devil doesn't exist just as much as you deconstruct the issues that bring you challenge. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby diddyp333 » 22 Feb 2012, 00:23

Many thanks for your reply Craig. Just to clarify when I said I'm a sceptic what I simply meant and should have said was I am sceptical! The reason being is I want to believe...however after reading many posts on this site and after reading about cold reading, the paranormal, afterlife etc I keep seeing that time after time once you have found something that really does sound convincing there is always another explanation. I myself find this intriguing. For instance I have just read Dean radins book "conscious universe" and then Dr pim van lommels conciuosness beyond life..two fantastic reads and to me we're very convincing...then you research on the Internet a little bit and find arguments against all the evidence you have just read. Personally I am inclined to go with radin and lommel but just when you think you have found the answer something else pops up..it's very frustrating but I suppose you have to go with what you believe either as a skeptic ( as this I feel is a belief process) or as a believer... I think my original post was designed to see if anyone has another explanation to the ( what seems to me) amazingly specific info. I'm a very open minded type of chap who likes to see both sides of the evidence.
diddyp333

Postby ProfWag » 22 Feb 2012, 05:50

ProfWag

Postby Jayhawker30 » 22 Feb 2012, 12:27

Jayhawker30

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Feb 2012, 23:06

Lucky Guess and Coincidence are two of the skeptic worlds favorite cop-outs and oddly enough, neither are a matter of scientific perspective, it's akin to punting. . . taking a shot in the dark (without night vision tech).

Every time a psychic hits hard on something the naysayers will cop to one or the other answer but will NEVER give the psychic a single ounce of credit even when they tend to get such hits regularly. As an exceptionally learned and experienced magicians and metaphysician I can pretty much tell when trickery or something questionable enters the picture, I"m not alone fortunately. The problem is however, certain types of left-brain thinkers are hard-wired to disbelieve any and all things, they can't even act as if they believe in something when it comes to doing a performance properly.

I'm working with a guy right now, who claims he wants to do a convincing and real feeling Seance but it will never happen. He's a trained Scientist/Chemical Engineer that's done traditional magic for most of the past 30 years and clings to the naysayer's mind-set. He cannot wrap his head around why, for an example, he must know the meaning and significance behind a given crystal type vs. rambling and gushing whatever horse pucky that comes to mind. Like Joe Nichol he thinks it's ok to look into a palm and state, "Your Clothes Line Suggests that. . . " and honestly believe such B.S. will go overlooked by the believers. . . many of whom will give you looks of disgust and spread some very malicious things about you rather rapidly, all over town in that you offer them no respect and see them as fools and gullible idiots. This is the curse carried by the majority of skeptics -- an assumption based on their sense of superiority; "I'm intelligent and well educated and therefore I know better than you, I'm not as gullible nor do I chat with imaginary friends, etc, etc. . . "

As I've told this friend of mine, when you get into this psychic stuff you must learn an entirely different sense of language and understand what symbols apply to what things AND WHY if you are to be taken seriously. This includes those Hermetic perspectives that negate the idea of "accidents" or "coincidence". ;)
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 23 Feb 2012, 00:49

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Feb 2012, 03:30

Actually, there are mathematical odds when it comes to the coin toss due to how coins are made and certain physics tied to how the coin is tossed, etc. It's far from being akin to a premonition, as is a role of the dice and other such things and yet, there is some related logic tied to such things; there has to be! While it may seem abstract at times, there is a "physics" to such manifestations.

Psychics tend to be right-brained when it comes to how they process data and more sensitive when it comes to their environment and what their body feels. This may sound peculiar but this is where the term "Gut Feeling" or "Listening to Your Gut" come from -- intuitional cues that tell us that a certain thought or flash of an image that comes to us is "right" and important for a client or whomever, to know about.

Is it a coincidence that well over 100 Psychics & Spiritual Teachers in the country started having similar dreams and visions involving a horrid event months before it happened and were even able to narrow down when that event was going to take place?

This was the case around 9/11 some 6 months prior to it happening; the parallels of how each person saw and felt things are uncanny and those that shared this impression had no direct ties to one another until just before the event and more so, following it when so many of us wanted confirmation from within the community. I can tell you first hand, there was not trickery to this, it is totally unexplainable when it comes to statistics and so-called scientific analysis and thus, the analytical explanation is "Coincidence"

Sure! You stick with that kind of thinking. I find it to be a bit more than that, a lot more. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 24 Feb 2012, 06:15

ProfWag

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences