[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why Warnings? if they give you no idea of what, where or whe : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why Warnings? if they give you no idea of what, where or whe

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Why Warnings? if they give you no idea of what, where or whe

Postby moondancer33 » 29 Jan 2012, 05:02

Please forgive me if this is completely off the present topic, I am at present going through something, which yes I have been through before, BUT I am looking for some insight or help or advice.
I started looking on the net for clues about what is going on with me for the last two and a half days, and I ended up on this site with posts from last year where you were talking about, dream warning events! and also the fact that you have had many years of experience on the subject, so I decided to join the site to be able to share this with you in hopes you may shed some light on this, because it is very disturbing, and, well I cannot keep everyone in my little family (my son, my daughter, and myself) locked up for protection!
It is a smell that will come and go like a breeze, and sometimes it will last a week or a few days, last time it lasted 3 or more weeks, this had started around October or November of 2008, and on December 5th I fell broke every bone in my ankle and now have steel in there!
I am 47 years old, all my family which I grew up with have passed on, all I have left are my children, when I was 15 years old, my dad passed away and home after a long period of suffering, a few days later I could smell this horrible smell, (but it is not something you can smell like an orange or perfume, if I stuck my nose right in front of an orange or in a cup of hot chocolate for example this smell overrides it! sometimes I feel that if I stuck my head under water I would still be able to smell it it is hard to explain!
Anyhow, a couple of days after my dad's passing, I could smell this and I asked my mom at the time if she could sniff around me and tell me if she smelled something funny or off! she could not smell anything, but this sense of smell was so strong, I thought I would be sick, it would come and go like waves, I told my mom about how much it was bothering me, and even told her I thought it was my dad, she told me to ask my dad to bring the level of the smell down because I could not handle it, and believe it or not, it did become less strong.
As the years went by every time I got a cold and was sick the smell would come, about a day or two into my cold, and as the cold left, the smell left as well! it always felt like my dad was there comforting me.
In 2008 a couple I know came over for the first time to our home, and while they were here there was this smell, the same sort of symptoms but NOT the same smell! this lasted about 15 minutes, then my dad's smell came rushing in and was as strong as the first time I smelled it! and my God, this lasted for about 3 weeks! I even went to the church to pray for help I was so scared, the smell persisted for about 1 and a half weeks after this, and a month or so later I broke my ankle. it does not seem like a big thing to break bones, but in my case I was stuck in bed, could not work, my children had to take care of me for at least a week or more, but all turned out o.k.
At the place where I broke my ankle I must say it was night time, it was snowing, and I fell directly in the parking lot of a gas station just in front of the ramp on the sidewalk were cars come in to gas up. If I had not crawled my way back to the front of the store, I may have been run over easily by a truck because they would never have seen me, I still have nightmares about that moment if I think about it too much, so I do not!
Day before yesterday, I could smell something very faint smell but I did not associate it to anything special, then last night around 8:00 pm I knew something was up because this smell was not my dads smell, and NO from what I can tell my dad has yet to show up because this is not his smell, not exactly anyway! and I am scared and do NOT know what to do
Please help me if you can
Thank you!
Caroline
Would just like to also add that up until the year I broke my ankle, my dads smell only showed up when I had a cold, so this was out of the ordinary! and at this moment I do not have a cold, so what should I think?
and thank you for any help you could give me for sometimes I feel I am the only one who feels this way (do other people get these smells as well?)
moondancer33

Re: Why Warnings? if they give you no idea of what, where or

Postby Arouet » 29 Jan 2012, 05:37

Have you seen a doctor?
Arouet

Postby moondancer33 » 29 Jan 2012, 06:56

moondancer33

Postby Arouet » 29 Jan 2012, 09:09

Arouet

Postby Arouet » 29 Jan 2012, 09:12

In all seriousness, you should not doing everthing possible to rule out problems like the doctor in the above post suggested could be possibilities. Pursue the paranormal option on the side, but don't delay getting a full workup on the physical end. What you don't want to be doing is chasing one lead while some potentially serious problem gets worse.

I wish you all the best!
Arouet

Postby moondancer33 » 29 Jan 2012, 23:03

I go see my family doctor every year, and does a complete check-up, and all is fine, don't forget, I'm 47 and this smell has been with me since my dad died when I was 15. There have been times in the past, where I wondered if he would watch over me in time when I was sick, to make up for the hell he had put us through because of his drinking when alive! This smell has bean there for the larger part of my life. wouldn't there have been something to show up after almost 32 years of this? I will speak to my family doctor about it again, for it has been years since I spoke to him of the smell! But I know it has to be more than that, and believe me, the last two times the smell has come to me, I have not had a cold, so it is out of the ordinary! and sometimes I truly believe that if it was something they could cure with a pill, I would be glad! but....?
There is something I did not mention, my dad died at home from cancer, and that smell that was around him(believe it or not, was not like a death smell) came to stay with me when I had a cold, except for the first time I smelled him about a week after his death, in 2008 before my accident and now?!?!?!?!?! it is a mystery to me!!! have any other thought's on this problem? it would be welcome!
Caroline
moondancer33

Postby Craig Browning » 29 Jan 2012, 23:14

There is a psychological condition some people develop in which smells and/or tastes become tied to an event or person, it's triggered by subconscious cues and the more you allow it to be an issue the stronger the symptoms of recurrence and frequently it can be most any smell that triggers the mind to associate it with the original smell.

This is an oddity the mediums of old used to exploit by deliberately using smells of various kinds during a Seance; smells that a "mark" would associate with a family member that's recently passed.

You may want to look into regression therapy but make absolutely certain that you're working with a board certified hypnotist-therapist that knows this type of work well, it's far too easy to get caught up with a screw-ball now days (everyone seems to think they can hypnotize. . . especially wannabe magicians).
Craig Browning

Postby moondancer33 » 30 Jan 2012, 01:12

moondancer33

Postby moondancer33 » 30 Jan 2012, 01:19

moondancer33

Postby moondancer33 » 30 Jan 2012, 02:01

moondancer33

Postby moondancer33 » 30 Jan 2012, 02:23

moondancer33

Postby Craig Browning » 31 Jan 2012, 02:08

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that English isn't your first language? It's just that what you type seems to not be "fluid".

When I mentioned the old Mediums of the past I'm referring to charlatans -- criminals that used the act of being a Psychic as a way to steal from people that had belief in such things. Not all that work in this field are criminals but sadly, there is a high percentage who are and they will use all kinds of subtle techniques that work with your five primary senses so as to trigger personal memories and associations. I do theatrical enactments of such Seance demonstrations, presenting what I do as being "real" and just by introducing the smell of cherry pipe tobacco will typically have at least one or two members of the audience recollect a grandfather or uncle that smoked a pipe. If I use certain perfumes I can guide guests back two or even three generations, thinking of an aunt or grandmother depending on which fragrance I employ.

Psychologically speaking, work with a professional counselor skilled in regression (not past-life but regression as it applies to your current life experience back to infancy) will be able to help you identify the smell by way of association and over time, the events that brought about this "anchor".

There are instances in which people live perfectly normal lives until they smell a musty, damp pile of fabrics or a wet dog for that matter; suddenly they are overwhelmed by emotions and recollection of a dramatic event. One case that I've read about involved an event that happened to the person's mother just a day or two prior to their being born -- the sound (in this case) was heard while he was still in his mother's womb, but it imprinted itself. . . then again, there are documented studies supporting the fact that the embryo in the last trimester is semi-cognizant and able to experience certain things through the mother and her emotions as well as sounds and sensation within the environment. This is one reason so many young parents use headphones and recordings of nature sounds or classical music, setting the head gear over the mother's stomach in order to send said sounds into the womb. In case studies children nurtured in this manner tend to be of greater intellect, passivity, and general awareness than those that aren't. Their nature is simply geared towards benevolence and the birth process itself seems to prove smoother and less "violent" for mother and child; especially when a water birth technique is incorporated.

:oops: there I go shifting things again. . .

I hope you'll seriously look into this type of counseling. I'd encourage you to find a licensed Hypnotist that specializes in the Erickson technique. They do not work in the same manner as most people envision hypnosis to work but they tend to elicit stronger results.
Craig Browning

Postby moondancer33 » 01 Feb 2012, 00:31

Mr.Browning, you are right about my first language not being English, I was born and raised in the city of Montreal, My mom was french, and my dad english, I used to speak in french to mom and english to dad! as you get older, there are times I will make errors in both languages, Plus the last time and this time which I have had this smell, is making me very tense because there is no real reason to my knowledge for it to be here! But that is very observant of you :-)

There are a lot of things my Mother must have gone through being pregnant for me, and anything is possible, So I will try to find someone! but how can one truly tell if one is a fake or the Real thing?

Yesterday the smell was still there and it is so today as well! Let's say, I find someone who can do this and we discover that is the reason for this, because an event triggers this smell? how would I deal with it! or do you perhaps think, just the conscience knowledge of it may make it go away?
in the womb I guess logically, smell is not sensed in the same way as what we know it during our life, which is probably why I cannot truly describe the smell, it is nothing anyone smells on a day to day basis!

What scares me a little is, what if I find nothing to answer for this smell while with this person, should I consult another? or do you have another idea you could share with me which may help me?

Just to clarify to some who may read what I wrote, I do not drink alcohol, I do not use drug's except the occasional aspirin for a headache which is to say very seldom, I love my privacy, so I seldom go into public. I am happy with my life.

This smell not ever brought me negative emotions before, I always felt my dad simply showing his presence when I had a cold, was just to comfort me and let me know he was there for me, until 2008 that is, when at the time I had no cold, and this time there is none either! so in the past the smell always gave me a comforting feeling, now though since 2008, it gives me a feeling of "insecurity" which is the only word I can really call it!

I would have to ask the person consulted though, why this smell would from 1980 to 2008 bring a good feeling, and then feelings change?

Sure! I do miss not having a Mom or Dad, or at not having ever had a sister or brother, but you move on, sometimes I remember and I'll be sad, wipe the tears and get on with my day, but this usually happens during the Holiday like as for many people! but it was not and is not something I go through often, because i realized a long time ago, it's just the way things are in this life! And plus I have 2 great children, which by the way, do keep me busy :-)
Caroline
moondancer33

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences