[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Am I Psychic? : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Am I Psychic?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Am I Psychic?

Postby tonkatoy » 21 Nov 2011, 11:50

I've always been pretty empathetic, I can usualy tell when someone is upset, angry, tired, really happy etc... The closer I am with a person the easier it becomes for me to tell what they're feeling. Sometimes I can kind of feel it too, not very strongly, but enough that when its a negative emotion that I really just want to help them, a little selfish because it affects me too. Another thing is that sometimes I feel like I'm being watched, this happened when I was little and still happens every once in a while. I remember was about six I lived with Grandmother and often couldn't sleep because of an unsettled feeling of being watched, and occasionaly I would see a figure sitting next to my bed watching me. It was always strongest upstairs, my grandfather had died on that floor and his ashes were still kept there. It was always worse when I was alone. I didn't have to many issues in the apartment we moved into after that. But the one we are currently living in, the first year I lived here, I constantly had a feeling of being watched. I often felt a presence in the bathroom, rather disturbingly it was usualy when I was in the shower. Once a collander flew about five feet and hit me. And occasionly when I was doing my homework I would see the shadow of a woman cross the floor quickly. I've since blocked out the feelings and don't have these problems anymore. Though sometimes I still feel unsettled especialy in the dark. Sometimes I get feelings, and emotions off of places, sadness, fear etc... usually I ignore all of this, but recently I've become interested in focusing on these abillities instead of shunning them, though I'm not certain if they really mean anything or not, and how I should work on developing them.
tonkatoy

Re: Am I Psychic?

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Nov 2011, 01:15

Firstly, you may wish to introduce yourself to the crew but for the moment, welcome

As to Being Watched. . . well, it would seem that you have a family member attached to you, it's not uncommon. I have three such entities around me, two of which come and go while the 3rd (baby sister) tends to show herself more often. Long story short, it's nothing unique nor is is something to be concerned over, they are there to both, protect you and to guide you here and there when making major decisions or facing probably danger.

Empathy is normal, pronounced more in some people than others. If you are artistic and imaginative (Right Brained) then you are probably far more empathic that those that want the world to exist in a Black & White "everything in its own niche" manner. It's not that such folks are less human, they're just not wired in a manner that permits them to understand such experiences (in-put) as others do, which all too frequently brings about the classic clash between believer & skeptic (give this thread a full 24 hours and you'll see what I mean).

PSYCHIC?

Depends on how you consider that idea; if you are thinking along the lines of Hollywood and cheap novel depiction I have to say NO, YOU ARE NOT! For that matter No One Is! If you are speaking about someone that is sensitive and aware of their environment however, I would say that you are showing signs of such and simply need to direction about yourself. Understand however, it's not something "supernatural" nor does it mean you have "powers"; only that you are sensitive and better connected (empathically, intuitively, subliminally, etc.) with your environment and whatever happens to be in that define area. While this is 100% natural it is a SKILL that can be taught and over time, learnt. BUT, there really is nothing mystical about this side of it, just a matter of mental discipline & development. Think of it this way, people with "photographic" memory are often viewed as being Psychic because of their ability to recall things all the way down to the most minute detail. Memory/Mnemonics is something we can all cultivate over time with daily practice and in many instances, establish an 80%+ level of accurate recollect that's 100% skill based.

Subconsciously connecting with others is something that can be cultivated as well by way of people watching, the deliberate study of body language, NLP, and FACS opening our mind to the more logical side of what empowers our empathy or intuitive ability to size someone up or reach into their mind in some cases.

Whenever I hear someone like yourself pondering if or not they are Psychic I try to offer them a more down to earth perspective on things with the hope of saving them from the more questionable antics you will find in the Psychic/New Age culture which tend to be VERY commercial and quite time consuming. While you can certainly learn a great deal, you can likewise find yourself buying into a whole lot of horse pucky and worse. So please, approach such things cautiously and with a fair amount of skepticism at your side. I don't mean extreme skepticism, but I do mean that you must question the things said; especially when a price tag can be found dangling somewhere around the issue.

Hope this gives you some perspective.
Craig Browning

Postby craig weiler » 22 Nov 2011, 01:23

Yes, you're psychic. I run into more stories like yours than I can count; all very similar. I have a blog post that you might be interested in: Characteristics of Psychic People:
http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/char ... ic-people/

In fact, my blog is targeted to psychic people so you might want to peruse it a bit to see if my information resonates with you. None of the things that you're describing are particularly surprising and have been documented in various situations countless times.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby ProfWag » 22 Nov 2011, 20:17

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 22 Nov 2011, 21:11

Craig Browning

Postby craig weiler » 23 Nov 2011, 01:01

Craig, ProfWag,
This is my specialty; I've studied this for several years now; I know what I'm talking about. There are two parts to this: Latent ability and learned ability. tonkatoy is demonstrating the traits of latent psychic ability. These include:
1. Noticing the bond between people on an energetic level.
2. Very strong empathy and an awareness of the emotions of others at a distance
3. The ability to sense and see ghosts
4. The ability to pick up on the emotions surrounding places

What you two don't realize is that I have so much expertise here and I am so dialed in to this sort of situation that I can make these judgments quickly and easily because of my experience and skill in this particular area.

I'm going to take a wild guess that this isn't all of Tonkatoy's psychic experiences either.
tonkatoy knows that he/she is different and that's why this person is asking this particular question. Tonkatoy will be happier accepting the reality of this talent and learning a bit about it. I've already been through this with several other people in similar situations. All the stress comes from uncertainty, doubt and a nagging feeling of being crazy. There is no reason for this person to feel that way. What is going on is perfectly normal within a psychic context.

So, can you two amateurs back off a bit?
craig weiler

Postby ProfWag » 23 Nov 2011, 01:37

ProfWag

Postby craig weiler » 23 Nov 2011, 03:39

This conversation is psychic person to psychic person. This is really not a conversation for skeptics. These sorts of assessments are not nearly as difficult as your making them out to be.
craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 23 Nov 2011, 04:34

OP is asking if he's psychic. This clearly opens up that he would like a variety of views.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Nov 2011, 06:15

Man! You skeptics are harshin' my mellow here.

Just because something ain't proven by science, does not mean it don't exist. Too many double negatives in that sentence??? Y'all know what I mean.
NinjaPuppy

Postby craig weiler » 23 Nov 2011, 06:45

I notice that Tonkatoy has not been back to this thread. Why am I not surprised?
craig weiler

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Nov 2011, 08:02

NinjaPuppy

Postby tonkatoy » 23 Nov 2011, 09:32

Don't worry you didn't scare me off XD just haven't had time to post... well acctually I had plenty of time since I was home sick today... but I was watching Heartland on Netflix (I'm a horse back rider and absolutely love that show XD). Anywho, I thank everyone for their input :) Any comment, skeptic or beleiver is helpful and appreciated, because honestly I'm not sure yet. For all I know I really could be just an empathetic person with an over active imagination, or a pyschic of various descriptions provided by all of you. Today I was alone since my parents were at work and I heard heavy breathing a foot or so from me I could have imagined because I was watching a parnormal show, I switched shows to another horse back riding program to get my mind off of it and I wasn't bothered again. But still not sure. Still open to comments and advice. By the way all of your profile pics are absolutely adorable!!! :D

And as to Replies to specific peoples comments...

Craig B - I don't know if I currently have a family member with me, as I am no longer in my grandmother's house, though when there I do often feel unsettled when I'm alone upstairs of in the basement, I am currently in an old house that has been divided into apartments, it was owned by one of the oldest families in the area the Sparrows but I'm not sure exactly how old it is. I am an artistic person, I play the piano and love to draw. And I agree that the hollywood depiction of psychics is not true. And I thank you for your view on things it is useful :)

Craig W - I also thankyou for your input, I perused your blog and found it helpful, while you and the other Craig don't have quite the same opinon as many opinions as possible is helpful to me and I thank you :)

ProfWag - I also thankyou for your opinions and comments it really could just be the enviornment. And the a natural empathy that is like most people better when you know someone better.

And as Aero said I am looking for as many opinions and comments as possible not just those of beleivers
tonkatoy

Postby Arouet » 23 Nov 2011, 12:35

Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Nov 2011, 04:12

Tonkatoy, THANK YOU for being so damned gracious 8-)

I think your response reveals genuine maturity in that you are genuinely reflecting on the information shared.

Craig W and I are two sides of the same coin, we are both believers but his perspective tends to go with the common flow of such things where my views challenge that "rose colored glass" course, begging the believer to THINK a bit and question what's said, taught, etc. and thus, not fall in love with the fantasy of being "Psychic". Similarly, I offer the skeptic (as best I'm able) thought kernels that at least file down some of the more harsh views they extend and even lend respect to the idea of being Psychic and doing Psychic work.

I've been a Reader since the late 1970's and have studied side by side with some of the Pagan/New Age culture's giants; so I'd say I have a fairly decent background just based on my own scholastic style of study let alone a multiple generation tradition (for lack of a better term) that involves spiritually related "gifts" that include dowsing, laying on hands healing, divination, etc. (what many today call Folk or Mountain Magic). I understand either side of things and if you really wanted to crack said nut open, there is a 3rd side (perspective) that stems from within the religious element that sees it all as something evil and "Satanic" (ignoring both, old & new Testament passages to the contrary).

Ultimately it is up to you but I would encourage you to do some reading;

Real Magic by P. I. Bonewits -- (this book also includes a chapter on Cult/Charlatan Awareness that's most excellent)

Wisdom of the Mystic Masters by Joseph Weed --

Psychic or Charlatan by Bruce Way --

You may even want to check out my blogs -- just scroll down the index ;)
Craig Browning

Next

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences