[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
a malevolent spirit ?? : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

a malevolent spirit ??

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

a malevolent spirit ??

Postby brett » 09 Aug 2009, 00:30

just after my father passed away back in the late 70's - my mother ,,sister and at that time young nice - rented a cottage on Dartmoor ( SW England ) - situated in a remote hamlet off the beaten track it was an ideal place for them to unwind after the funeral ect , I having work commitments that week agreed to join them on the Friday evening and spend the rest of the weekend there

having finished work i rode back to my home town some ten miles away - then to the cottage on a 90cc scooter ( this will become relevant later ) and arrived about 5 pm - within minutes of entering the property - i felt a DEEP sensation of unease - you will have heard of people saying it was like someone /thing saying subliminally "GET OUT !! " - well i then refused to stay in the place - this started a row and to calm down we all went for a walk to exercise our dog ( who was also and had been acting strangely all week according to my mother ) - but on return the sense of a malevolent presence WHO wanted me out of the place was so strong that i picked up my stuff and rode home some 28 miles ,most of which was in torrential rain that had started .

now bear in mind that I had NO knowledge or interest in the paranormal prior to this - so no preconceived ideas - at that time being more interested in the usual things a 20 year old would be such as pop music and of course GIRLS !! :lol:

ANY WAYS - we now move on some nearly ten years - i had forgotten about the incident and my mother and i had moved to the village of princetown on Dartmoor for work reasons - and i had enrolled in the local fire service ( as mentioned in my previous post ) - one night we got called to the very hamlet where the unsettling incident had occurred to fight a thatch roof fire in a nearby property - during a break in operations i was talking to one of the assembled locals about my experience in the cottage and he exclaimed "no wonder boy " - and went on to explain that a servant girl had been brutally raped and murdered by the local land owner there maybe 100 years previously ?? - he was not explicit but from the description i would put it around this time - if not previously as no records exist today of the incident ( i have subsequently researched this ) - and we have to remember that in those days Dartmoor was a place where things just got " covered up - especially if ,like in many places at the time it involved the "gentry "

the chap i was talking to assured me that I was not the ONLY man who had problems with the place and few if ANY could stay there - women apparently where fine - but as our dog demonstrated , animals must have sensed something ??

so malevolent man hating spirit ?? ( and who could blame her ?? ) - my imagination ?? or something else ?? - as with all things i leave you to decide - as I know what i felt and experienced - but of course cant prove it ( oh and please don't ask for details of the location as i have contacted the owners and they request this info does not get let out - but agreed there was "something " about the place ( their words ) )

one thing is for sure - THIS IS ONLY ONE OF THE THREE places i have been too , during many investigations , that i can HONESTLY say , I believe or sensed something there - the other 2 where visual phenomena BTW

and as those who know me will tell you ,i am NOT afeard of much , but believe me , there is NOOOOOO way you get me to spend a night in THAT cottage alone !!

and THAT folks is what got me intrested in all this stuff !! :D
brett

Re: a malevolent spirit ??

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Aug 2009, 01:14

Wonderful story.

I very much enjoyed your description of this event. Ahhhhhhhh, the UK. The available recorded history in the UK is phenominal compared to the pitiful recordings here in the US. I visited England back in my youth and recall a similar feeling to what you described when I toured an area of the Tower of London (I think it was the Tower...bad memory for specifics as I was a mere teen and my pictures and journal are packed away).

Have you experienced other similar situation at other location?
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Aug 2009, 01:18

NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 09 Aug 2009, 14:42

brett

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 04:06

wow
great story again brett!
i really like your stuff
quite cool

i just didnt get it this time
this time did you heard a voice? or you just sense that you need to move out?
can you go on an explain the malevolant spirit
where was is it locate it? stomach, heart? was it like a mix of anxiety and fear?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby brett » 10 Aug 2009, 05:10

brett

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 07:34

well brett
i cant comment on it
since this is a skeptic free thread
but have you seen a psychologyst and told them this story?
(not saying your are crazy or anything, im just saying i see some symtoms of something i know about since i am a psychologist)... not to worry 5% to 7% (depends of the study) of all people suffer this kind of stuff on their lifetime

whatever it is i am not 100% sure since i havent treated you and i dont know you

but this was nice story :D
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Aug 2009, 07:48

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 08:52

well
from those two i like freud the most because i think he is funny
but is not all right, if you read the transcripts you can see he directed some interviews towards what he considered to be the problem. (in one instance a kid was afraid of horses, so freud directed the interview to the extent that " the kid was afraid that the horse will bite his peanus off hahaha awesome!)
he has some good theories.. but thats it
thats the bad thing about psychology, is not a science, and not all humans think alike when studies have been made in other countries that arent into the western traditions.. then freud theries fail miserably.

but i am more into the behavioral psychology, is the only part of psychology that can reproduce things. i use also milton erikson.. is the father of modern hypnotherapy, his books are quite interesting.. and i like his approach, is making precise therapy for every patient.. (it was all hypnosis) it was a lot of suggestion and storytelling, creating rapport.. and stuff NPL people are using nowadays. but it all comes from erikson.

and i will share what i think on brett's case if bret asks me
like i said.. i have my OWN diagnosis of this.. but i could be wrong.. i havent treaten brett not know him on person...
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Aug 2009, 09:04

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 09:12

typo...
nlp
neuro linguistic programming
:-)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Aug 2009, 09:25

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. I can see where you get your suave sense of communication skills then. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby brett » 10 Aug 2009, 15:37

brett

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 16:09

hahaha no... i didnt meant like... going to a psychologist to tell them that
maybe you met a psychologist at a party and you tell them this story and they told you what they think.

Well.. i cant debunk the paranormal part of the story
since you said somebody told you somebody died over there and stuff
the only way to take it out is by researching for real that place (the way joe nickell does)
and to check out on that story is for real.

But on what happened to you that night..
the feel of anxiety, somethings is wrong, a feeling of discomfourt?... and more than anything (when i read this i insantly said bingo) .. your desire to LEAVE the scene
.. so
what i think it was
is a Panic Attack
(no... really?) hahaha yeah, as simple as that sounds (no sexy mental diagnosis for you :P )

So.. how i read it..
you dad had died, you were stressed, you felt the dog was acting weird too (i see this as a projection, pets most of the time act according to his master's behavior) and then it happened.. so you needed to go out.. thats a textbook case of a panic attack.

A panic attack is an evolutionary response to stress, it liberates a lot of adrenaline so we can RUN or fight, and it lot of cases what it triggers them is unknown. (your memory is our only path to finding out what triggered yours on that night).

So the thing is
have you had this type of experience in other places? (even if they were not related to something paranormal).. heavy respiration, chest pain, feeling nausated. feeling the need to live a place?

and by the way, this was an off the beat talk, just to make discussion
DONT TAKE IT FOR REAL AS I DONT KNOW YOU
I can only hope you are not an hypocondriac and i didnt just screw you over!

and take a look at this site
maybe it can inform you better than i can
http://www.anxietypanic.com/
ciscop

Postby brett » 10 Aug 2009, 22:28

well thanks for your opinion as you say you have never met me so really this is little better than the "cold readings" fake psychics do ( no offence )

right to address some of your points :

my father had died - yep fine - he had (a) cleared off with another woman and my mother had taken him back when he found out he was ill ( the other tart did not want to know ) and i admire her greatly for this as she nursed him till death ( B) he was a wife abusing church going hypocrite who i had to deck when i was old enough to STOP him abusing my mother - so like yea we where REAL close :roll:

the dog did not normally act weird - your argument falls down as she would have been acting weird prior to the holiday when there WAS the stress of the funeral in the house - dogs believe it or not can sense things about places - so i am ruling your take on WHY she was acting up out

have i had experiences like this else where ?? - nope - that was the only time in my life i have EVER felt the need to leave a place - don't forget i am an ex ranking fire fighter and have seen more s**T than most people would want to in their dreams - have had to lead men in some VERY dangerous situations - where DEATH was A REAL POSSIBILITY AT ANY MOMENT and WAS IN CHARGE OF A STATION - THEY DON'T GIVE THAT JOB TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE PANIC ATTACKS !!

add to that some small experience in the military and a few other things that tested ones nerve - and i think most people would regard me as a person of "reasonable firmness " as we say in the UK

nah , THIS was something completely different - not experienced it since nor before - THIS was very real - as i described it a"malevolent " force which unless you where there is virtually impossible to accurately describe - so no , no panic attack - this was self preservation pure and simple .

i would love some of you TO be able to visit the place - BUT again as i have said the owners don't want it - and we must respect that

any way thanks for your opinion - which as i said I welcome , as i am not afraid of others views on my experiences - appreciated

oh and by the way - i don't get invited to parties where there ARE psychologists - in fact i don't get invited to parties these days period :lol: :lol:
brett

Next

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences