[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Am I a Medium? : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Am I a Medium?

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Am I a Medium?

Postby iScorpio » 09 Nov 2011, 09:55

Hi, My name is Jamie.

I first started to develop psychic ability when I developed Empathy and Clairsentience. When I walk by/focus on someone, i sometimes feel there emotion. From there, i started to develop a lot more...

I got interested in mediumship and tried to open up to the spirit world. I tried to talk to my grandmother that passed and i got a voice (in my head) from her. I want to make sure I am getting correct messages from spirits. I have tried to talk to many spirits, and most of the time i hear them in my head/feel what they are gonna say, and sometimes there emotion. Am I doing everything right? I'm confused that's all...
iScorpio

Re: Am I a Medium?

Postby craig weiler » 09 Nov 2011, 10:39

You need to get some feedback by attempting to talk to dead relatives of other people and have them tell you how you did. There is no sure fire system. You learn as you go by practicing.

Good luck.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby iScorpio » 09 Nov 2011, 10:42

I have read people and I've gotten names right, glimpses of there personality, how they died (ect). Im like 2% wrong most of the time, haha. (:
iScorpio

Postby Arouet » 09 Nov 2011, 10:52

Are you able to do it over the net? I just went to a funeral today. Would you be able to tell me who it was? Name, relation to me, what they died of?

I'll understand if that's not how you operate. I try not to get involved in questioning people's abilities, but this seems like a simple test if you think the conditions are suitable.
Arouet

Postby iScorpio » 09 Nov 2011, 10:57

iScorpio

Postby Arouet » 09 Nov 2011, 20:47

no, not a brother or sister. Yes a disease, but not cancer.
Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 09 Nov 2011, 21:48

iScorpio,
Arouet is very considerate and polite, but he is a skeptic, everything is harder when dealing with them. They are looking for reasons to disbelieve. This doesn't mean that you can't succeed here, but your results will probably not be good. It works much better when people aren't questioning your abilities or testing you, but simply trust you to give them the information they're looking for.
craig weiler

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Nov 2011, 23:03

iScorpio - Welcome to the forum!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 10 Nov 2011, 01:14

Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 10 Nov 2011, 12:52

Arouet,
You don't understand the importance of belief in psychic ability and because it goes so strongly against your belief system, I'm not sure you would accept any explanation I could give you as valid. All thoughts are shared to a certain extent and what you think affects the people around you.

It also affects the way you handle the situation. You should be asking very specific follow up questions rather than taking the first vague answer that you receive. This can help in creating a focus that brings better information.
craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 10 Nov 2011, 13:10

Arouet

Postby craig weiler » 10 Nov 2011, 23:31

The argument of belief is indeed complicated because it gets to something few skeptics consider. What is your true intent when asking a question requiring a psychic answer? Do you genuinely want the answer or are you testing the psychic to see if he's "real?" Your intent will be far more important in determining the quality of the answer than the question itself. The former will be far more likely to elicit a correct answer than the latter. Subconscious activity plays a role.

You have to ask follow up questions designed to focus on what you want answered. Again, are you testing this person or do you actually want an answer? If you have no experience at distinguishing a cold reading from a psychic one, trust me, it's not that difficult. Just ask the right questions and don't worry about it. iScorpio cannot see you or the person you're referring too, so almost no cold reading techniques are available.
craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 10 Nov 2011, 23:47

Arouet

Postby Arouet » 11 Nov 2011, 00:10

As for whether I would want it to be true or not, that's actually a complicated question. Analyzing it, there are pros and cons. On a lot of respects it would be insanely cool. I'm a big fantasy buff. Grew up reading the great fantasy series such as Tolkien, David Eddings, George RR Martin, Piers Anthony (maybe not great but fun!). I've always been heavily interested in magic, and fantasy. I love most fantasy tv series/movies, and tomorrow I'm going to be buying the new spammer fantasy role playing game Skyrim that inserts you into a magestic fantasy world for more than 100 hours!

There would be pros and cons to have such abilities, that can go multiple ways. Even if we establish that certain abilities are real, we also must admit that at the present time we have very little understanding of the greater context and if there is an entity out there (such as a deity) that put this in motion, very little to figure out whether that deity has our best interests at heart or not.

So I don't think its a simple question of whether I'd like it or not. It could be go or bad. But I also recognize that whatever my personal desires it either is or is not - so my personal preferences don't really matter. Now, you'll say but they do matter, but what I'm trying to say is that my recognition that my personal beliefs don't matter in terms of whether it is real or not influence how I feel about whether it was real or not. Hopefully that's not too convoluted.

Point is, my views on this are not as simple as want/do not want. Like everything in this world there are positives and negatives to most things. We deal with what is.
Arouet

Postby cbhattarai » 17 Jan 2012, 22:21

cbhattarai

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences