[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
What's With the Advertising in Posts? : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What's With the Advertising in Posts?

Discuss General Topics.

What's With the Advertising in Posts?

Postby Craig Browning » 09 Nov 2011, 23:16

Why in the hell are we being bombarded with large ad blocks within people's posts?

This forum did great for a very long time escaping the evil advertising lords, what happened? Has Winston sold his sole?
Craig Browning

Re: What's With the Advertising in Posts?

Postby Arouet » 09 Nov 2011, 23:25

Been like that as long as I've been here. Scepcop uses google ads. Server has to be paid for somehow I guess. Doubt he's making much money, given the relatively low traffic.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Nov 2011, 03:56

Arouet is right, they've been here forever! It's usually only on the first post of a page. I have noticed that I am getting 'active X' crap that is blocked again but I don't have a clue as to what it causing that.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 10 Nov 2011, 04:00

I get them on pretty well every post - including the one you just made "active-x" is in green, linking to some active x internet booster.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Nov 2011, 05:21

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 10 Nov 2011, 05:30

ok, didn't notice he was talking just about the banner ads, hadn't paid attention to when but you're probably right
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Nov 2011, 06:56

There's a google ad at the top of each page and of course an ad at the bottom of the first post of each page. For a bit I was getting ads on the right hand side of the posts but I either ignore them completely or they have poofed. Yup, they're still there but I guess my computer setting make them so darned skinny I don't even notice them.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Nov 2011, 04:11

I can't believe I've not noticed these things before.... they are in the post/reply made by someone and usually the first post on each page.

Maybe they've just become more annoying :?
Craig Browning

Return to General Discussions