View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

NickDutch tarot reader, rational occultist

Introduce yourself here!

NickDutch tarot reader, rational occultist

Postby NickDutch » 10 Aug 2009, 04:30

hi there. i am nick dutch (thats my stage name anyway!) and I do most of my broadcats from http://www.youtube.com/BespokeGroupUK and http://www.twitter.com/nickdutchtarot

My goals are to investigate rationally and objectively and to attemptto train myself and to experience what i can.

I do tarot for a living and occasionally attend psychic fairs and ghost hunting events.

I am skeptical (in the real sense of the word) of claims, but have experence of "strange stuff" and want to understand more.

I "believe" that meditation and prayer are the tools for achieving altered states of consciousness (as proven by brain scans, EEG etc etc) and the use of visualisation and words are the tools to control the experience.

I use belief and religious ideas as tools. I believe that I have no real beliefs, just seek to increase experience and to try and use reason to understand experience.

Nick
NickDutch

Re: NickDutch tarot reader, rational occultist

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Aug 2009, 04:32

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 04:33

welcome
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 10 Aug 2009, 06:42

Welcome NickDutch.

Glad you appreciate this site and forum.

Perhaps you can join in our discussion thread about tarot readings in the divination board of this forum, and offer your take on things?

Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Eteponge » 10 Aug 2009, 07:23

Welcome NickDutch!
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Scepcop » 10 Aug 2009, 14:42

Hi again NickDutch,
Looking at your YouTube Channel, I recognize you and have seen your videos regarding pseudos-skeptics before. I think I wrote you a few times before too, to invite you to check out my site or treatise.

Glad you made it.

Feel free to post your videos about pseudo-skeptics here.

Regards,
Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby The Warrigal » 10 Aug 2009, 14:45

Hi Nick.

Hope you enjoy the Forum! :)
The Warrigal

Return to Introduce Yourself