View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

koenig fixation on randi

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

koenig fixation on randi

Postby ciscop » 09 Aug 2009, 14:49

How many threads will this forum will allow the professor to do about slandering and libeling randi?
2 of them have been locked allready
when is the ban going to happen ? how many last warnings?

this forum will be more polite and conversational when you take the troll out of the picture
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Re: koenig fixation on randi

Postby Eteponge » 09 Aug 2009, 15:13

I haven't banned anybody yet. I agreed to be very tolerant, give plenty of warnings, etc, to *all sides* of the debate and discussion, when I became moderator, and that's why I've been lax on banning people. I'll let Skeptics and Believers say what they want, as long as it remains civil enough. I've given too many warnings, and locked several threads so far, I need to step it up a bit.

This drama with the Professor versus the Skeptics is bad publicity to this forum, and hasn't resolved anything, just turned into a non-stop flame war.

I'll give a final warning here ...

* The Professor - Stop making Randi attack threads, stop making slanderous accusations against Randi that you cannot back up with valid evidence, don't post anything else that you can't back up with valid evidence either, stop taunting and harassing the skeptics, and stop responding to their attacks with more attacks. You need to focus on your MDC rejection, your alleged paranormal claims, and your protocols. Not this Randi / Skeptic attack tirade.

* Skeptics / Debunkers - Stop calling his daughter a nutcase, a mental basket case, a crack house addict, etc, unless you have valid evidence of this beyond insults of course, and even if you do, that's not appropriate terms to use towards ANYONE'S daughter, nor is dragging someone's family into a flame war appropriate. And stop responding to his attacks with more attacks.

The next person or persons who does this, instant 24 hour ban, then a week ban for any additional offense, then a month ban after that, then adios, perma ban. However, exceptions can be made depending on the severity of the offense.

Newer posters will only get a stern warning or two first, but as of now, everyone participating in the Professor / Randi / Debunkers drama has been warned plenty enough already, and threads have already been locked.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 09 Aug 2009, 15:15

perfect !!
thanks eteponge
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 02:54

Etponge I dont think anyone has called his daughter any names,let's not get dramatic.

All skeptics are doing is asking for proof, yet Koneig or his assistant highflyertoo fail to provide any. I'd love a serious discussiona about his EVP claims why he has never created a paranormal event ever in life,why he seems to lie about everything. But he shows no desire to rationally discuss anything. So one must assume he is trolling, surely?

To answer thread title .Koneig feels Randi exposes magic tricks, that's about it in a nutshell. Why he doesn't chase Penn and Teller or Masked Magician is a mystery. Probably because they are bigge rthan him and nearer his age and would likely beat him up or sue him.
Same reason him and Jim wont go to Dragoncon -no matter what he says. Be realsitsic, if he were planning on going with others and video cameras to try expose something he wouldnt write about it up front! That alerts organisers to watch for idiots.

But then everything he writes on forums is 99% lies anyway.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge