Sponsors: Benefits of Living Abroad

View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile App          Join Mailing List

Evidence that UFO's Cannot be from Other Planets?

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Re: Evidence that UFO's Cannot be from Other Planets?

Postby Elhardt » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Share |
ProfWag wrote:Now, if time travel is impossible, would that not pretty much put an end to the discussion of how UFOs could possibly get here since that's usually the leading explanation?

Time travel is the leading explanation for UFO's getting here? That's news to me. Time travel usually means going back in time, and has no relevance to UFOs. However it is possible to time travel forward in time do to time dilation as described by Einstein's relativity and proven in experiments. I always find it depressing how few people seem to know of that well known phenomena. And then there's the other explanation that UFOs travel in other dimensions that we of course don't know anything about and probably have nothing to do with the speed of light.
Elhardt

Postby JO 753 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 pm

The anser to the topic title iz yes. It iz evidence against UFOz being from distant star systemz.

Its not proof.

The science coud be rong and there can be other factorz that negate or circumvent it.

For example, the UFOz coud hav simply spent thouzandz or millionz uv yirz getting here. The alienz are likely to be immortal, so why not?

The nee jerk objection to that iz 'why woud they come here' but who sez they arent just wandering around to all the systemz with planets? The space ships are there homez, so the entire return trip idea duznt exist.

"No matter wer you go, ther you are."
IF PEPL TuK KeR UV XeR TiM aZ DILIJeNTLE aZ XA TuK KeR UV XeR MUNE, XA WuDNT SPeND SO MUC TiM TAKING KeR UV XeR MUNE.
JO 753

Postby Arouet » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:17 am

Elhardt wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Now, if time travel is impossible, would that not pretty much put an end to the discussion of how UFOs could possibly get here since that's usually the leading explanation?

Time travel is the leading explanation for UFO's getting here? That's news to me. Time travel usually means going back in time, and has no relevance to UFOs. However it is possible to time travel forward in time do to time dilation as described by Einstein's relativity and proven in experiments. I always find it depressing how few people seem to know of that well known phenomena. And then there's the other explanation that UFOs travel in other dimensions that we of course don't know anything about and probably have nothing to do with the speed of light.

Pretty sure that was a typo by PW.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Arouet wrote:
Elhardt wrote:

Pretty sure that was a typo by PW.

No, no typo I don't believe. Here's a quick article from "Extraterrestrial Contact (I'd give the web site, but it has all sorts of pop-ups):

"Faster than light Travel

As stated earlier one of the arguments that scientists and sceptics use is that they claim it is not possible to go faster than the speed of light. As a result it would not be viable for an advance civilisation to bother visiting us. However as technology develops science is now predicting that faster than light travel is now possible.

There have been many ways that science fiction writers have enabled faster than light travel into their stories. These include Black Holes, Worm Holes, and Gravity Waves. All these 20 years ago were complete fiction, but now all of these are in fact theoretically possible. Black holes have been found and scientists have speculated that travel through them would in theory be possible without being destroyed. Worm holes have been mathematically proven and again they could be used as a mechanism for travel. Gravity waves which have only recently been identified are being investigated. (Gravity is still according to most scientist the least understood of all of the forces of Nature. Who knows what they will find in 20, 50 and 100 years time ?).

Again it is interesting to think back on the claims of Bob Lazar. Now whether you believe his story or not his explanation of how the UFO's travelled space is intriguing. Without going into the full explanation of the Lazar theory, I will briefly summarise. Basically what Lazar said was that the UFO focused their gravity wave generators on the point in space where they what to travel. The gravity generators would pull/warp space between them and the destination, the gravity generators would then be turned off and the craft would "snap" to the destination point. I.E The ship has not actually travelled any distance. It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be how UFOs travel their vast distances."

Actually, according to the Laws of Physics as we know it, we cannot go faster than the speed of light: http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae283.cfm
However, as I pointed out in the article above from a UFO believer website, it is often theorized that the most feasible way of UFOs getting to earth was by moving faster than the speed of light, thus revearsing time itself. What the original article is stating is that traveling faster than light is "impossible." That leaves really the only other possible explanation of inter-dimensional travel which is also questionable and a different subject. As my title states however, I stated "evidence," not "proof" as one of our friends on here likes to use in his titles.
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

I don't think what you're describing is how we usually think of time travel, but ok...
Arouet

Postby Elhardt » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:31 am

Again, it's interesting how I mention time dilation according to Einsteinian relativity and it is ignored yet again. One doesn't need to go faster than light to get here from another star system. They just need to get to a speed near that of light. I'm just not understanding why that simple and well known concept is missing in the UFO community.
Elhardt

Postby Arouet » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:15 am

"ignored yet again?" you have 4 posts here, including that last one!

And you are assuming that everyone knows what you are talking about. Why don't you explain? If you're not going faster than light, then it's stil going to take a looooooonnnnnggggg time to get here. Unless there is space-faring life only a few light years away - which we have no evidence of. And of course we're presuming that it is possible to travel near the speed of light.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:56 pm

That's right. The closest planet that has been discovered that could potentially sustain life (not mentioning intelligent life) is over 20 light years away. So, if one is to use the Einstein theorry of light speed, then it must also be discussed if food is available, health care, and all of the other issues that a 40 year trip would require in a rrelatively small aircraft...at least as we know it to be on earth.
ProfWag

Previous

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's