[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Leslie Kean book : UFO's / Aliens / ET's • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Leslie Kean book

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Leslie Kean book

Postby curious » 26 Feb 2011, 00:41

I just finished reading Leslie Kean's book Ufos: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record

Personally, I don't entirely know what to make of it. I've read a criticism regarding one of her points -- pilots being excellent observers. Apparently they are for identifying aircraft they know, but aren't as accurate when it comes to describing/identfying unknown aircraft: including such things as assessing weather balloons to be UFOs, which, while not inherently wrong, since they are unidentified to the pilot, are not quite the UFOs people free-associate witht he word. But otherwise, the contributors to the book are very well placed servicement, as well as educated and intelligent people, many of whom began as skeptics, and some who remain skeptical of the extraterrestrial hypothesis.

Anyway, she discusses very well documented incidents all of which include evidence in addition to multiple eyewitness accounts such as corresponding radar echoes and indentations in the ground at landing points, and radiation, as well as dessicated vegitation in the landing spots.

I was wondering if anyone else has read it, and what do you think?
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Re: Leslie Kean book

Postby stu1011 » 12 May 2011, 03:45

I am a firm believer in intelligent alien life residing in our galaxy/universe and to a extent that we are or have been visited by our neighbours but still I remain teatering on the edge of my sofa craving the news announcement we are not alone. This book offers some convincing evidence and testimonies and as ex or retired or even defecting governmental scientists or military personell offering physical/material evidence its either cast doubt or seen as obsurd and as more tangible evidence gets either cast aside or labled a lie or intercepted and either modified or stopped it is overwhelming and invading our day to day activity. I find it very narrow minded when sceptacism takes place over astranauts testamonies and backed with video evidence as well as black project workers dieing on there death bed reveal they most deepest secrets and the undeniable exstrodenry recent build up in non human aireal objects and
governmental whistle blowers and governmental scientists or
military personell. This book gives you a for a better word
subatomic slice of data. Its not hard to spot scams but its not hard to open ones eyes either and to see something is going on just pay attention to the media it's not going to die down as we are being kept in the dark and recent activity dictates this.
stu1011

Postby Arouet » 12 May 2011, 05:48

I have no problem believing that it is likely there is other intelligent life in the unverse. The problem is distance. If we are to take even a fraction of the sightings as evidence of alien spacecraft that we have to assume that they have somehow found a way to travl vast distances in a reasonable time, and also are able to stay virtually invisible in our atmosphere.

I don't think alien-proponents really appreciate just how far these aliens must be travelling to come here.
Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 12 May 2011, 22:56

I wish I could remember the name of the show but I believe it's on either Nat Geo or the Science Channel. . . a team of guys that interview and research sightings all over North America (mainly). Their research has revealed that less than 3% of the reported sightings they encounter are anywhere close to "possibly genuine" and that percentage drops drastically when you get into Mexico and much of the Central/South American territories. . . in one case they proved that a guy in Mexico City was naming everything in the air a UFO. . . even an obvious cluster of balloons.

Situations like the big V shaped object in Arizona, New Mexico and Florida have strong plausibility and loads of questions in that they are so unique and really don't fit any KNOWN aircraft and that's the key here -- KNOWN Aircraft.

When I was in the Navy and on watch one night in Fallen, NV. I was told that at a particular time I would see a UFO at a specific spot over the base and I was to not report it in my log, they even told me what this thing would look like. . . that was before the SR-71 was declassified however :twisted: Then again, a few friends of mine that work with NASA & JPL have had me participate in a few "experiments" given where I lived in the desert outside Las Vegas and the fact that I had relatively decent clearance. . . I can't say a heck of a lot but I know what bin Laden's crew didn't see us coming :lol:

Really... Bill had me step outside my trailer one night and see if I could hear or sense anything unusual in the area. . . I was on the phone with him the entire time and after about 5 minutes he starts laughing like a mad-man and tells me to look straight up. . . there was a helicopter... completely silent, virtually unnoticeable at a passing glance and best of all, you couldn't feel a down draft with the thing roughly 20-30 feet over head. My point being that WE have some very amazing things out there and there is more on the horizon that's simple unbelievable. . . including a new type of "dirigible" that's simply massive.

While I doubt the Seals visiting Osama used the "stealth" system this particular helicopter encounter had to offer, it's interesting to know that such abilities are in the works (and what I'm talking about happened closed to 15 years ago) and what I was allowed to see ain't not'n when it comes to the really spooky stuff @ Skunk Works :twisted:
Craig Browning

Postby Hozagya » 12 Oct 2015, 15:39

It is good, it is very easy to understand.
Hozagya

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's