View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Panama?

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Panama?

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2011, 19:12

A couple years ago, I asked if anyone knew of someone who currently lives in Panama City, Panama. No one did at the time, but wondering if any of the new members might know someone? There is a bas relief in a small church there that could have great importance in historical Christianity that I'm searching for a picture of. This is nothing paranormal, but really could be important. I'll be happy to discuss in detail if anyone asks or cares...
ProfWag

Re: Panama?

Postby Jackal » 01 Apr 2011, 05:50

No, sorry, I don't know anyone in Panama, but your post piqued my curiosity. Why is this relief so important?

Perhaps you could go to a website like http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/ and see if anyone there is from Panama? Maybe you could get some info about what you want in exchange for giving a Panamanian some free English lessons.
Jackal

Postby Arouet » 01 Apr 2011, 06:46

Have you searched google images? You might be able to find something. You may have more luck on JREF which has many more members.
Arouet

Postby derrida » 01 Apr 2011, 09:36

i have a close friend that lives in Panama.. maybe i can get her to go to that church i dont know how tight is her schedule, maybe if you explain it to me better i can trick her into thinking it is me that needs that info.
derrida

Postby ProfWag » 01 Apr 2011, 18:30

Thank you all for your interest! Here's the story and I hope you might find it interesting as well: I was taking a tour of the Church of San Jose in Panama City a couple years ago. It's famous for having this incredibly large gold alter brought there by Capt Morgan in the late 17th Century. You've seen one gold alter you've seen them all ( :-) )so I was looking at the alters and art along the side walls that don't seem to get much attention. I noticed that on one of the side alters along the right wall was a bas relief of the Last Supper that, to me, clearly showed what is normally John to be a woman (ala The DaVinci Code). My wife was in a hurry to move on to the next tourist trap so I didn't get a chance to study it, but I clearly remember thinking, Wow, that's definitely a woman. If I remember correctly, she even had breasts. I have searched and searched the internet for pictures, even e-mailed the American University in Panama for there help, but so far have come up empty. There are plenty of pictures of the main alter and church, but I have yet to find a close up of the bas relief. (Here's the website to the church: http://www.panamaface.com/en/locality/l ... y=45&page= ) Imagine how far it would go if it could be shown that centuries ago, someone other than Dan Brown interpreted the Last Supper with a woman next to Jesus' side. I don't really want someone to go too far out of their way as we all know how memories can be blurred and it's possible it was my imagination. I was in Milan a few months before that and saw DaVinci's version and thought I could see where one could interpret it as a woman, but the bas relief definitely was more detailed. I was just hoping that someone knew someone who might be around there that wouldn't mind taking a quick picture?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Apr 2011, 22:20

I still prefer this artist's rendering of "The Last Supper":

NinjaPuppy

Return to Off-Topic Board