[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Newb : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Newb

Introduce yourself here!

Newb

Postby Eternally Learning » 24 Mar 2011, 00:39

Hello all,

Just signed up this very minute. I'll keep it brief so as not to induce too much snoring :). Basically, I'm a free-thinker who tries not to pre-judge too much and is very self-critical. I dislike labels as I feel they don't convey the full story, but suffice it to say I've earned my skeptical community badge, my non-theist badge, and my science enthusiast badge. I'm sure I could think of others, but like I said, don't want to bore you all.

I'll flat out say that I don't feel that there's enough evidence to conclude that aliens, PSI, the supernatural, etc. exist. I'd consider myself above average than most on the front of being open-minded about such things, and solemnly swear that if sufficient evidence were to be presented to me, I'd change my mind. With that, you now know more about me that I do you, but hopefully that'll change soon. I don't plan on becoming some poster of extraordinary magnitude here, and will likely be only casually involved so if it takes me a day to respond, please don't take it the wrong way.

I usually try to stay pretty civil, even when dealing with those who aren't so fear not, I'm not one of "those people" looking to have a cheap laugh at your expense; my only thought is to enter into honest discussions with you.
Eternally Learning

Re: Newb

Postby ProfWag » 24 Mar 2011, 04:47

ProfWag

Postby Eternally Learning » 24 Mar 2011, 07:11

Thanks Prof!
Eternally Learning

Postby Arouet » 24 Mar 2011, 07:16

Welcome!
Arouet

Postby Eternally Learning » 24 Mar 2011, 07:56

Eternally Learning

Postby Arouet » 24 Mar 2011, 11:48

Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Mar 2011, 17:26

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Eternally Learning » 24 Mar 2011, 20:16

Eternally Learning

Postby really? » 24 Mar 2011, 20:34

Welcome Eternally Learning.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Mar 2011, 22:38

NinjaPuppy

Postby Eternally Learning » 24 Mar 2011, 22:51

Eternally Learning

Postby ProfWag » 24 Mar 2011, 23:00

ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 26 Mar 2011, 15:44

Welcome Eternally Learning. Nice avatar. You look like either a cartoon superhero, or a space traveler. lol

You say the evidence isn't enough. Have you really studied it? What have you read? Have you seen any great documentaries or read any great books that contain a lot of evidence? Many skeptics say that there is no evidence without doing any research.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Eternally Learning » 28 Mar 2011, 10:59

Eternally Learning

Return to Introduce Yourself