[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
PSYCHIC ADVERTISING : General Discussions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

PSYCHIC ADVERTISING

Discuss General Topics.

Re: PSYCHIC ADVERTISING

Postby curious » 09 Mar 2011, 14:06

I made my first commission! I got paid in baked goods today for a reading.

Mmmmmmadeleines

Mine were chocolate-dipped as well. Truth be told, I'm rather superficial with readings, so I think I may have been overpaid.

Craig, on the other hand, has worked much harder and longer at his craft (which is what it is) and is likely worthy of more than mere cakelets. Plus, he strikes me as a decent and straightforward guy who, as it happens, is also a trained counsellor -- a skill which can only benefit his clients.
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby ProfWag » 09 Mar 2011, 19:04

Craig, if you were to suggest to me that my current career path was not ligitimate, I would become quite defensive myself so I can understand your desire to express support for psychics. However, my studies, education, life experiences, etc. (you're not the only one who has been around the block a time or two) simply don't point me to reach the same conclusions as you have--at least not yet.
I supposedly visited one of the better psychics reader a couple years ago while in Sedona. The advice I received was based on common sense and was actually expected. My main issue at the time was whether or not I should pursue a new career path. I won't go into the boring detail of what she told me, but I can assure you that had I taken her advice, I would not be near as happy as I am now.
ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Mar 2011, 00:40

A major mis-understanding by the majority of people is that Psychics have some kind of mystical ability -- THEY DON'T! 99% of what we do is just what you said, "Common Sense". To repeat what I said before, we serve more as a sounding board to people and try to help them to make -- or as it really were, "Accept" -- a decision or reality as they already know it is or is supposed to be. . . where do you think the schooled & papered clinicians got it from?

I joke about being only 93% skeptic. The reason for this is very simple and yes, logical; every once in a while certain things happen that cannot be explained away. I'm far from ignorant when it comes to knowing what to look for and consider, especially given my background in magic and effects development. So when I do a Reading that pegs certain things about the sitter, information I have absolutely no way of knowing, I have to accept the fact that there is far "more" to it all than the rationalists are willing to accept.

Some years ago I was working in Reno, Nevada when a gent came in looking a bit shaken. He told me up-front that he didn't believe in all this stuff but he was desperate and needed some clarity about some things in his life.

The man sat there like a rock, no expressions whatsoever! No feed back, no change in breathing patterns -- pure rock!

I went through the cards and told him what I was seeing -- travel by air for business sake, a change of mind/psychic intervention, followed by death and calamity.

When I was done he broke down in tears and tossed an airline ticket on the table; it was dated September 11th, 2001 -- flight 93

The two weeks after 9/11 I had three total sessions in which similar things happened. No one in the skeptic's community can explain it away without stooping to their favorite cop-out line -- Coincidence. Frankly, to have that many people in my world alone, let alone the number of other Readers I know across the nation who had similar experiences. . . well, it goes way outside the realm of probability when you look at the numbers. This is just one of my personal experiences that CANNOT be explained through Cold Reading or any of the other psycho-babble the rationalists want to promote so as to to feel superior and above such low/primitive thinking (trust me, this is how the majority of "Critical Thinkers" come across -- they're assholes).

I've stated more than a few times on this board that I'll gladly "out" any charlatan I find, they are bad for business all the way around -- they hurt the magic industry as much as they hurt the psychic world. As will be seen (as I get more and more articles posted to the site) I likewise discourage the believers in being so "blinded" by the fantasy of things Psychic; I want them to understand the more down-to-earth truth about what it means to be a Psychic.

I've gone to visit numerous Readers over the years, the majority of whom seem to suck in a major way. But every now and then you will find that odd minority that stands out from all the others. I should also point out that most of these folks, like myself, only went professional as the result of personal economic need, not as part of a planned vocation. The majority of the really "good" psychics -- the down-to-earth mystics -- are reclusive and not looking to be in the limelight unless it is avoidable. Most of them believe that pushing towards the higher profile, big money element costs you in the long run and actually causes you to loose your ability. . . your sensitivity to things; primarily due to the fact that you've chosen to serve your own ego rather than spirit/god/the higher purpose.

Two weeks ago I bought my normal brand and flavor of bread; it was less than $3.00 a loaf. Two days ago my neighbor dropped off two more loaves for me, which was now over $4.00 a loaf.

People aren't paying for "shows" and "entertainment" these days but they will throw money at those things that give them hope and in some cases, a sense of purpose. When it comes to the latter, Psychics tend to be at or near the very top of the list, not some jerk acting like he can read someone's mind from the stage. Logic, for lack of a better term, dictates that I employ my faith-based passion in order to muster together the additional income I'm going to need in the very near future, so as to pay for that $3.00 loaf of bread that will be selling for twice that sum by the end of summer. . . at least, if prices continue to soar at their current pace and big business continues to screw the little people over, as they so love to do.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 11 Mar 2011, 02:04

Arouet

Postby really? » 11 Mar 2011, 05:07

really?

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Mar 2011, 23:11

CORRECTION: The Commercialized Psychics do this -- the "Money Grabbers" as well as those that simply don't know better, an unfortunate side-effect of the misrepresentation that's gone on for much of recorded time. Too, you will find those that started cashing in on the popular trends such as speaking with Angels, the Fairy Folk and for the past decade or so (since the success of Edwards, VanPraagh and Brown) "Dead People". . . which I personally find repulsive and not for the reasons most here would but rather my own experience with that kind of thing; to coin a phrase, "It's yucky" (when "they" step into you . . . even the conversational side of it can make you feel a bit creeped-out). The other thing you will find when it comes to "not" detouring people's view with things, is the fact that many people come to a psychic the first time because of the fantasy -- being in love with the possibility of something mystical or "special" (just as they do with a priest or rabbi).

The people that taught and guided me through the years taught me a very pragmatic way of looking at the work via which I can discount tons of the "legend" tied to Psychics & Seers. There remains a handful of situations that aren't as readily discounted though I do have some personal theories that could be linked to them as a quasi-logical explanation. . . the jury is still out however. This brings us to situations in which a very genuine "outside" influence could exist. . . just not as frequently or prolifically as we're lead to believe. . . as I've said, I can't imagine anyone want to do this sort of thing steadily and too, from people in the Psychic camp, many frauds have been found based on a handful of things;

1.) The fact that nothing is there... that is to say that psychics that have the ability to read Auras and see energy/entities, can't see or discern a second presence.

2.) Little Nasties. . . as they are referred to by authors Donald Michael Kraig and P.I. Bonewits; elementals that enjoy "playing" with the dumb humans who buy into the ego-based idea that they are "special" and able to "channel", failing to weigh the fact that someone that was brutish and evil in life will be the same way in death or worse, you are being manipulated by a negative source. Either way, we are looking at a potentially dangerous scenario.

Understand, these two points stem from within the purview of the Occult Science view on things -- information that is understood by the adept. Sadly, there are more fools in the world than people willing to walk the narrow way.

I cannot speak for all these other people other than to point out the few things I've shared. What I know however, is that I do not make claims that go outside my personal understanding and the general philosophy I've shared here. This is one reason I say that the Site is "Fluffy-Cloud Free" and warn visitors that my approach will be quite different from the typical on-line Psychics. Even the articles & blog spots attached to the site sustain the ideas and views I've shared here -- mysticism, most certainly, but not in a usury manner.
Craig Browning

Postby DMJY » 18 Mar 2011, 14:01

You stated that an income of $800 a month would double your current income, but with your health issues, can you not obtain social security disability? That would increase your income 5-fold.

[Spam Link removed by Moderator]
DMJY

Postby Craig Browning » 18 Mar 2011, 19:29

Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 18 Mar 2011, 21:05

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 19 Mar 2011, 07:08

It's spam. I left it up since it had to do with the topic. It's a copy and paste.
NinjaPuppy

Postby psi » 20 Mar 2013, 22:54

You might want to check out the psychic services listings and take it up from there.
psi

Previous

Return to General Discussions