[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Inside Edition Exposes Missing Persons Psychic now with Vid : General Discussions - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Inside Edition Exposes Missing Persons Psychic now with Vid

Discuss General Topics.

Re: Inside Edition Exposes Missing Persons Psychic now with

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Mar 2011, 19:28

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 07 Mar 2011, 20:17

ProfWag

Re: Inside Edition Exposes Missing Persons Psychic

Postby curious » 07 Mar 2011, 22:51

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Re: Inside Edition Exposes Missing Persons Psychic

Postby really? » 07 Mar 2011, 23:57

Last edited by really? on 08 Mar 2011, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
really?

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Mar 2011, 00:13

Just a Quick Reminder. . . Craig don't play the "Prove It To Me" game.

When it comes to investigative scenarios, as I've stated you can't "prove" things because of the pressures within the system that deliberately suppress and expunge such details. There are those few instances that have gone public only to have the officers in question, painted as being nut-jobs and the reports somehow lacking with hard-proof. We have a thread around here somewhere that deals with just such a scenario (from last summer I believe).

Skeptics love to poke holes into things; they look at a psychic situation as a sheet of bubble-wrap and their only goal is to pop all the bubbles rather than looking at the substance. If the psychic is 100% on a description it is used as "proof" of fallacy and/or painted in a manner that makes it seem "generic" -- "He will be found near water" turns into a statistical equation because of how high the odds are that someone will be found by a body or container of water, etc. While the stats are true, so is the psychic's perspective; they can't be 100% and it's not because they are frauds (intentional or otherwise).

As I've pointed out before, when I have a particular sensation or "image" presented to me I can only look at it based on my own experiences in life and understanding of those things. If I see myself on stage and doing a show and in the course of the show I cut a friend in half or whatever, it COULD BE based on memories of doing shows or, it COULD BE my subconscious warning me about some kind of "division" going on in the life of that friend that could affect me.

The symbol of vivisection could be that they are "not all there" (depending on which effect I'd be presenting)... they are "falling apart" emotionally or even that they are headed towards major surgery... there's a multitude of things the image COULD BE and the only way to resolve the dream is to engage rational (fallible/limited) thinking based on what I know about that person and their current situation -- I have to ASSUME things based on what my gut (intuition) is leading me to "see"/sense.

Because of all these variables Skeptics take a dump and scoff at Psychic involvement with anything & everything, rarely (if ever) putting themselves in the shoes of the sensitive, and considering all the different things he/she must filter and discern. . . trust me when I say, it's a maddening process and can at times prove crippling.

Not all of us have nail scars into which doubters may place their fingers. . .
Craig Browning

Postby curious » 08 Mar 2011, 02:04

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby really? » 08 Mar 2011, 03:22

really?

Postby curious » 08 Mar 2011, 04:52

curious

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Mar 2011, 05:26

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Mar 2011, 05:31

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 08 Mar 2011, 05:57

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 08 Mar 2011, 06:42

Arouet

Postby curious » 08 Mar 2011, 06:43

curious

Postby ProfWag » 08 Mar 2011, 21:54

ProfWag

Postby curious » 08 Mar 2011, 22:58

curious

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions