[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 29 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Postby Arouet » 02 Mar 2011, 14:44

Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 02 Mar 2011, 15:18

Why are you blackmailing me?

Just ask me the words! Skip the stats. You can do the stats in 2056AD

I have no objective to prove anything to SCEPCOP forum members. I just want to beat the expected average.

5 tests is 20 words.

Expected average TOTAL COMBINED HITS for such a test is 5 right.

do you understand that?

REALLY UNDERSTAND IT?

It doesn't matter if you get 0 0 0 4 1. THAT'S EXPECTED
It doesn't matter if you get 1 1 1 1 1. THAT'S EXPECTED
2 2 2 2 2 is a bit more interesting, that's 454:1

I'VE TOLD YOU IN BOLD LETTERS 10 TIMES ALREADY THAT I UNDERSTAND 2/4 OR 3.4:1 ODDS IS NOT SIGNIFICANT.
STOP TWISTING THE DEBATE WITH STUPID N0NSENSE

Last time you posted "I UNDERSTAND" I said ONE (1) word matches and you went on about ALL words matching.

I want someone to follow my protocol, not design it!
G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 02 Mar 2011, 15:22

LOOK AROUET!

you keep repeating the same 5 objections 10 times running each!

I DON'T NEEDS SIGNIFICANT DATA TO TEST IF ITS SIGNIFICANT :oops:
G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 02 Mar 2011, 15:35

LOOK WE'VE ALREADY COVERED THIS:

1/ 2/4 on a single batch is not significant
2/ Posting the options the day after the channel may or may not help
3/ POINT 1 has nothing to do with the accuracy of the binomial odds calculator
4/ If POINT 2 does help, it's got to be based on GMT midnight

I only need 2 trials where the options are posted on the next day GMT.

You took 10 days working around that.

I don't need this *fuddlesticks*
Either do as I say or I'll *fuddlesticks* off for good.

10 years of this *fuddlesticks* mate.

*SELF CENSORED WHILE NINJA IS AWAY
G. ADAM

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Mar 2011, 20:51

NinjaPuppy

Postby G. ADAM » 02 Mar 2011, 21:29

I'll suggest a revision to the Basic Word Guessing Protocol, which limits us to 1 word / day.

TESTER
Get random word and numbers.
PM to 2 umpires
Post 2 numbers

GUESSER
Post channel from the 2 numbers

TESTER
Posts that he got the channel
Wait

GUESSER
Posts request for 4 word options. (shortly after midnight GMT)

TESTER
Posts 4 options

GUESSER
Posts guess

TESTER
Scores
Starts on next word.

------------------------

I only need about 3 words to see if it's an improvement or not,
the TESTER setting his forum time to GMT might help, but I'm not rationalizing why so.
G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 02 Mar 2011, 21:53

Once I've posted my guess it should be safe for anyone to post comments. :D :x :) :P

GUESSER
Posts guess

DISCUSSION ALLOWED

TESTER
Scores
Starts on next word.

QUIET WHILE TEST IS IN PROGRESS :? :cry:
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 02 Mar 2011, 22:28

Arouet

Postby caniswalensis » 03 Mar 2011, 00:45

Good Gravy!

Please, somebody pinch this turd off!

..don't forget to flush.
caniswalensis

Postby G. ADAM » 03 Mar 2011, 07:51

G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 03 Mar 2011, 10:39

Arouet, can you post 4 random words please?

Simple justification: we can begin the test at least 1 day after, and use those options.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 03 Mar 2011, 17:44

G. Adam, I'm not interested in a protocol where we're doing one test a day that we have to split up between pre-midnight GMT and post midnight GMT and we do one trial a day. I really get the sense that you're just jerking me around. You're certainly not going to be applying for the MDC to do a challenge where they must test you for a year or two because you can only do one trial a day!

You come up with something more reasonable, maybe I'll play along for awhile longer,
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 03 Mar 2011, 18:45

No this is really quick.

TEST RUN

You post 4 random words.

Wait a day.

You select a word and post a line number
I post my channel AND GUESS TOGETHER

If that works, then here is the clever part.

You post 10 batches of 4 random words.

We wait a day.

We can trial 1 word selection from each batch as fast as you want, only 1 post each per trial, no limitations.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 03 Mar 2011, 23:09

Ok, we'll try that.

Four random words: (still will be nouns)

1. Gin
2. Frustration
3. Governor
4. Pin
Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 04 Mar 2011, 02:37

Great! While we kill 24 hours, I just finished programming a website that does the batch protocol!

Only difference is the 4 words are entered up front. I got 2/4 first go, but going to do a proper set tomorrow.

I actually think doing the 4 teleasks running one after the other puts them in the right order by forcing the options to connect directly with the clue. No random options left.

But 1 guess at a time is worth checking out too, as it's simpler to demo.

I added a STOP button to better randomize the line numbers incase a Random Seed helps.
G. ADAM

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy