[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 7 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: I can do telepathy EASY! - NSA

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 13:10

What odds do you want me to break?

We could have done 50 trials with MD5 and 50 with PMs by now. I offered to do PMs after a few more MD5 results but you refused my pleas for cooperation.

Instead we spent 2 days with you explaining to a computer scientist of 20 years about "unsuitability of encryption to conceal data."

Like I said, I won't play by skeptics rules. The skeptics methodology is seriously flawed.
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 13:16

Arouet

Postby G. ADAM » 15 Jan 2011, 14:16

Haha, ok quotes can mean "not exactly" too, although that's basically your argument.

BTW, that's going to be my legal angle, I never actually figured that out and I've been defending myself against being misquoted for 9 years. :D

Anyway I'm going to have a breather for a day or two.

It's "difficult" to read a mind with nothing to go on, but if you send the encryption it seems to work.

THINKING FOR 2 MINUTES about a STAR is probably not going to work.
G. ADAM

Postby derrida » 15 Jan 2011, 16:59

derrida

Postby Arouet » 15 Jan 2011, 20:21

heh, well I've never participated in an actual parapsychological test before and thought this could be fun. I'm making some amature mistakes though. I shouldn't have started one trial without a full protocol established. I got caught up, and this causes problems.

G.Adam, after your break, come back and propose how many trials you want to do, how many hits will be considered a success, I'll run it by some folks that know these things and maybe we can continue. But I'm telling you: you had better play nice, because its not worth it if you're just going to be a jackass about it all. I'll look a bit more into that encryption thing. It's obviously real encryption, but from what I've seen, its vulnerable and not recommended. I see all these sites with reverses and while I plugged mine into one and indeed it didn't get it, I don't know enough about this to know whether there may be a site that's better than most, that can do it. You can't blame a person for being suspicious. I hadn't heard of MD5 before you brought it up.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 16 Jan 2011, 02:06

Ok, I've figured out his scam. I actually caught a hint of it the other day but then forgot about it for some reason.

While it's true that if you use just any Md5 reverse generator one is unlikely to find the original string, from what I can tell. But if you do it on the site that you generated the hash on it reverses it no problem. Given that there are only so many of these sites and OP knows that I'm likely to find a site listed on a google search, all he has to do is try the reverse hash on a bunch of sites and he'll eventually find the one I used.

I can't believe I didn't lock onto this earlier.

Anyhow, nice try G. Adam.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 16 Jan 2011, 03:50

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 16 Jan 2011, 06:39

lol. Notice that his tone softened and he said he was taking a couple days break right after I made a post that showed I was pretty close to figuring it out. He must have thought that might get me to lay off. I guess he goes around from site to site until someone figures it out. I told you the other day I was sure the encryption was part of the thing. I'm mad at myself for taking so long, I did almost get it the other night, the thought had popped into my mind and for some reason I forgot it. Stupid since its so obvious in retrospect!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jan 2011, 00:46

POST DELETED BY MODERATOR
Inappropriate response
Formal warning sent to the member in question
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 17 Jan 2011, 01:02

Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Jan 2011, 01:35

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 17 Jan 2011, 19:34

Grrrrrrr. Great video, but still...grrrrrr
ProfWag

Postby derrida » 18 Jan 2011, 01:12

NP.. please answer the question
was he trying to fools us or not?
derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 18 Jan 2011, 02:04

NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 18 Jan 2011, 03:17

There is very little chance that someone who has worked with these md5s for years and is a computer scientist (at least that's what he says) would not realize that it could be reversed on the site one encrypted it. He's been bringing this scheme from site to site for a long time. His insistence on the encryption was weird to say the least - it smelled wrong from the beginning. I've never heard anyone include such a thing in a test like this before. Most of all, when I was getting close, his tone mellowed and he backed off - why was it that post (where I suggested he might have a site that would reverse it) that lead to his backing off, when every other post was met with belligerence? He knew the jig was up. I will be surprised if he comes back.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy