[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
SKEPTIC or PSEUDO-SKEPTIC? : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

SKEPTIC or PSEUDO-SKEPTIC?

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

SKEPTIC or PSEUDO-SKEPTIC?

Postby G. ADAM » 09 Jan 2011, 02:13

HERE IS ONE 0F AUSTRALIAN SKEPTICS PARANORMAL PRIZE COMMITTEE THE FORMER PRESIDENT PETER BOW-DITCH.

http://groups.google.com/group/aus.tv/m ... 65fcd51543
"Peter Bowditch" <myfirstn...@ratbags.com> wrote in
I'm not the one making idiotic claims about possession of paranormal powers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.skep ... 58895b6a90
Peter Bowditch wrote
>> (aus.tv deleted as per request from people with no interest in kooks)

>Now the ex president of Australian Skeptics Inc. is calling the paranormal prize applicants "kooks"???

The word fits most of them well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and many more of Peter calling claimed psychics KOOKS!

Here is Peter BOW-DITCH explaining why all paranormal claims that "GUESS"

are automatically discarded.

He also discards all paranormal claims that refer to the BINOMIAL DISTRIBUTION

to work out how many trials are needed to break 1,000,000:1 ODDS.

>OK, let's simplify it further shall we?
>You think of a number from 1 to 100, write it down.

>I tell you 2 guesses, say 7 and 51.

>My claim is to 'guess' the number you were thinking of with 2 guesses, 50% of the time.
>Now what's your excuse, it's obviously paranormal and would take only a dozen trials
>to defeat 1,000,000:1 odds.

>VALID PARATEST - YES OR NO?

No.

>-----------------------------
>Do you even know what the binomial distribution is Peter?

I do, but it has nothing to do with being paranormal.

"Peter Bowditch" <myfirstn...@ratbags.com> wrote in
> If you claim to be a guesser then you can do whatever you want
> but it won't be anything paranormal.

G. ADAM

Re: SKEPTIC or PSEUDO-SKEPTIC?

Postby Arouet » 09 Jan 2011, 03:24

We can do your guess two numbers test. I can get a number from random.com, I'll PM it to a few other members. You guess. The other members will confirm whether you guessed right. You then post your two guesses

If we can trust no one to cheat, we can use a couple believers, and a couple skeptics, should be enough to keep people honest. At least for a preliminary trial. If you pass this we can see about trying to arrange more formal testing.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 03:25

I want in!
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 03:28

Let me change that to, I want to pick the numbers and I'll send them out to you guys. I'll use my brain instead of a random number generator as it should be and I'll know if these ARE the correct numbers.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 03:30

My mind is EASY to read. There's not much in there.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 09 Jan 2011, 03:36

Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 03:41

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 03:42

Now I will go grab a can of frozen orange juice because the can says, "concentrate". :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 09 Jan 2011, 03:43

Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 03:47

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :D

How cool would it be if my numbers were the same as your numbers??????? :lol:

I'm heading over to the PM. Meet me there!

I'M WAITING! I bet Arouet needed to go back to the random number generator to get new numbers. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby derrida » 09 Jan 2011, 05:05

derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 05:11

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 05:13

And NO! One of them is not the number 19. Now stop trying to guess or skew this test. This is a private party.
NinjaPuppy

Postby derrida » 09 Jan 2011, 05:16

i didnt gave up the number 19.. you did
now he has one less number to guess thanks to you

i am not skewing anything
i really want him to guess it correctly
derrida

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jan 2011, 05:18

Go away kid, you bother me! :lol:
NinjaPuppy