[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Psychic Seeks Skeptic : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Psychic Seeks Skeptic

Discuss General Topics.

Psychic Seeks Skeptic

Postby G. ADAM » 06 Jan 2011, 18:54

I've been turned down by 20 skeptics organisations with their $$$$$ prizes.

I have a 683KB text file of formatted paranormal data.

1200 experiments with names and addresses of over 1000 participants.

Who wants to review it?

Why do you think you're worthy / capable?

I have a degree in computer science and 2nd years stats up my sleeve.

I haven't met a skeptic yet who knows how to calculate the odds broken in an experiment by using a binomial table.

Cheers! Don't expect me to last long here
G. ADAM

Re: Psychic Seeks Skeptic

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Jan 2011, 19:49

Welcome!
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 06 Jan 2011, 20:53

Sounds like a setup. But in any event, over on the JREF forum there are a lot of people with some pretty heavy stats backgrounds, if there isn't someone here.

http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Jan 2011, 21:05

We had someone who was a wiz with numbers but he left.
NinjaPuppy

Postby G. ADAM » 07 Jan 2011, 06:19

I only joined because I read Arouet posting "show me the experiment data".

Are you saying you make this challenge and claim to verify experiments without any basic stats?

Apart from being banned from JREF, I had a discussion there back in 2005, they have much better aptitude than usenet skeptics but still won't put any effort into checking out a claim.

I applied for the JREF $1,000,000 in 2000 before the 'media clause' and they tossed my application without giving a reason to this day.

G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 07 Jan 2011, 08:16

Arouet

Postby derrida » 07 Jan 2011, 09:48

hahahahahahaha
i loved the james randi email

like it is proof of anything!
anybody can fake that!

so who are you graham cooper? tell us about your background
derrida

Postby Arouet » 07 Jan 2011, 10:14

Ok, here's some more detail: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=34200

With all due respect, OP, I can see why they didn't agree to proceed with your application. I hope you've worked out some of those problems.
Arouet

Postby derrida » 07 Jan 2011, 11:14

derrida

Postby G. ADAM » 07 Jan 2011, 14:09

You don't need to verify the emails from JR.

Just email him yourself with a paranormal claim and see how far you get.

1st reply - 'whatever, read the rules, stop being deluded'
2nd reply - ##$#$##@$ ###@$$$# YOU ARE FILTERED FROM EMAILING HERE AGAIN!

Considering this has already turned into "YOU THREATENED THEM" so no wonder they didn't acknowledge your claim!

I think we are done! There are 1000s of skeptics who argue semantics with me, I've made 10,000 posts to them over 10 years and nothing ever happens except 1000s of excuses why not to bother testing claims.

G. ADAM

Postby G. ADAM » 07 Jan 2011, 14:12

BTW derrida = deride

http://tinyurl.com/TheMostImportantPostOnUsenet 02 02 2002
Their alias is reflective of their message

Saw it coming dude!
G. ADAM

Postby Arouet » 07 Jan 2011, 22:23

Arouet

Postby derrida » 07 Jan 2011, 23:03

derrida

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Jan 2011, 04:16

Ok... I've done Readings since the late 1970s and I've never heard of Tv Readings... I really hope someone hasn't put a little TV inside a crystal Ball just to yank someone's chain :lol:

I honestly can't imagine trying to "Read" Tv images -- NONE OF IT MAKES ANY SENSE AS IT IS.... ESPECIALLY when it comes to Commercial Television! :mrgreen:

For the original poster... unless you have several Pile Higher & Deeper diplomas, or else you're a major public hemorrhoid in the manner everyone favorite old grumps like Randi, Shermer & Nichol tend to be you can't hope to be seen as a Skeptic (or the UK spelling "sceptic" which is quite interesting since it comes so close to "waste" matter by definition... can't be a coincidence :twisted: ) This being the case, why on earth would you want to have any type of association with them? They tend to be bitter, deluded egos that strut about thinking their stuff don't stink and everyone else is beneath them... kind of like Tv Evangelists.

Of course, I am referring to those that have the audacity to put up a few bucks as part of a "challenge" (a.k.a. publicity stunt). The cold hard truth being that no matter how much data you have and by how many pedigreed researchers, these jack asses will slam it down calling you a fool and making every single scientist & researcher involved in those studies out as being "cracked", a "Buffoon", or "Nut Job" (just a few of the colorful terms these educated elitists love to use... like signing a letter "blank off, you bore me..." Yea... a real sign of intellectual superiority vs. a bitter and cold-hearted old man that simply don't enjoy life and wishes the same for everyone. . . (I speaking of Joe Nichol of course, not Randi :roll: )
Craig Browning

Postby caniswalensis » 08 Jan 2011, 07:34

Joe Nichol!? What is your problem with him!?

I greatly admire him and it was his teachings that convinced a newly skeptical Canis that believers were not crazy stupid or liars, but normal folk that deserved to be treated and spoken to with respect when it comes to discussing theor beliefs. When you see me in here speaking about paranormal topics in a polite fashion and defending believers from personal attacks, you have him to thank for that.

What gives you the impression he is a "a bitter and cold-hearted old man that simply don't enjoy life and wishes the same for everyone"? I don't see it.
caniswalensis

Next

Return to General Discussions