[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Started a blog! : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Started a blog!

Introduce yourself here!

Started a blog!

Postby Arouet » 15 Dec 2010, 01:57

Ok guys, so I decided to dip my toe into the blogosphere. I've started a skeptical blog called The Pleasure of Doubt.

Don't have too much up there yet, and I haven't nailed down the exact format yet. But please subscribe if you want to and please provide comments - whether you agree or disagree with me.

http://pleasureofdoubt.wordpress.com/
Arouet

Re: Started a blog!

Postby derrida » 15 Dec 2010, 08:56

mine is called ¨the pleasure of procrastination¨
i still havent wrote anything...
derrida

Postby Arouet » 15 Dec 2010, 09:05

Hey! That was mine for the longest time! Guess you can have it now that I'm done with it!
Arouet

Postby derrida » 15 Dec 2010, 22:52

i finally read your blog
pretty cool arouet
i think i can learn from that one

and i totally agree with you
that pretty much skeptics and believers we all blame the other side of being close minded.

a big ¨facebook like¨ to your blog
derrida

Postby Scepcop » 16 Dec 2010, 02:36

Congrats on entering the blogosphere. What do you plan on writing about? Debunking the paranormal?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 16 Dec 2010, 03:42

ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 16 Dec 2010, 04:38

As derrida says, it's not about debunking. Skepticism and debunking are not the same, although a skeptical analysis will sometimes lead to debunking. If debunking comes in it will be because it comes out naturally from my discussion, not as a focus.

I plan on writing about topics that interest me surrounding skepticism, critical thinking, and psi. Not really the paranormal per se: I don't have much interest in alien abductions, for example. I am quite interested in the purported evidence for psi. I'm interested in why people believe what they do.

I'm just getting started so we'll have to see how it develops. I don't have a set plan in mind. Right now, I just want to make sure I update it and hopefully get some regular readings to discuss these things with!
Arouet

Postby derrida » 16 Dec 2010, 08:03

derrida

Return to Introduce Yourself