[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Horrors of Public Education : Off-Topic Board - Page 4 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Horrors of Public Education

Discuss Other Topics not related to the Paranormal or Conspiracies (within reason of course).

Re: The Horrors of Public Education

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jul 2010, 00:35

A perfect return. BTW, since you are a member of the teaching community, what do you feel might be just the thing to correct the problems in our public schools, or do you think they operate just fine the way they are?
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 30 Jul 2010, 04:06

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 30 Jul 2010, 19:37

Yes, I think that is a good start. Teaching jobs should be more competitive (for lack of a better word) with better pay for starters. How about hiring more of them (teachers) and cutting class sizes? It seems that public education tends to go downhill when schools become overcrowded. Do you think that you would be more effective or cover more subject matter with perhaps 50% less students?
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 30 Jul 2010, 20:17

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 30 Jul 2010, 22:39

Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 19:22

Check out this video I found that explains how and why public schools in America are essentially no different than prisons, designed to condition you to think and act as obedient slaves. It's very spot on.

Herd Mentality - The Schooling System

This video describes the history of our enslavement, from ancient times til present. It's very interesting.

The story of your enslavement

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 06 Dec 2010, 22:14

To promote discussion, What's your recommendation Scepcop, do away with schools?
ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Dec 2010, 06:37

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 07 Dec 2010, 09:56

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Dec 2010, 00:32

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 08 Dec 2010, 02:54

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Dec 2010, 03:20

[quote="Scepcop"]Check out this video I found that explains how and why public schools in America are essentially no different than prisons, designed to condition you to think and act as obedient slaves. It's very spot on.

Herd Mentality - The Schooling System

Let's take the subject one step at a time, shall we? I'm going to start at this point as this particular point as thread goes for too many pages.

COMMENT: "Check out this video I found that explains how and why public schools in America are essentially no different than prisons, designed to condition you to think and act as obedient slaves. It's very spot on."

I then watched the video pertaining to this comment (again) to see if the actual comment or claim by SCEPCOP is correct. Why yes... it is. Perhaps not spot on for all schools everywhere but the basic claims are certainly backed up by not only well know and accepted facts as well as my own personal experiences from mumblemumble years ago.

The video goes beyond comparing schools to prisons with mention of the working class. I can say that the comparison, is once again, spot on.

Does anyone have a difference of opinion of the above mentioned specific information?
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Dec 2010, 03:25

If so.... then let's discuss. If not, then let's move on, shall we?

Prof Wag asked the question, what can be done to correct this? A few people offered their thoughts on an answer but as usual, the topic started going around in circles a bit. Why? Because if someone had the Reader's Digest version to the dilemma, it wouldn't be an issue. However, the original comment and video remains accurate even if one of us here can't give the answer to Prof Wag's question.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Dec 2010, 03:43

Now on to the second video and comment:

COMMENT: This video describes the history of our enslavement, from ancient times til present. It's very interesting.
Why yes! It is 'interesting' however it's slow and boring as well. My additional opinion does not change the fact that the subject material is 'interesting' as well as very possibly spot on.

Did I watch the entire video? Oh hell NO. The guy's voice made me want to stick a sharp object into my eye less than half way through. The editing was choppy and nothing loses my interest more than watching colored areas of a map of Europe changing, growing and shrinking while someone drones on about the Roman Empire. Once again, my personal commentary does not change the information or the historical facts presented in that boring, little, choppy docudrama.

I hate to tell you guys this but there is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to Man. It is a dimension as vast as space, and as timeless as infinity. It is the middleground between light and shadow, between science and superstition; and it lies between the pit of Man's fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call...the Twilight Zone. At least that is what I've been told. :D
NinjaPuppy

Postby derrida » 08 Dec 2010, 04:04

so if someone is a moron and could never get to learn the math tables
is actually a free person cause he never learned to be part of the ¨herd?¨
just asking
i think that seems quite funny
so a moron is actually outsmarting the intellectuals by not reading nor learning?..

in related news: america´s next president has a new reality show.. Sarah Palin´s Alaska..
Awesome..
she is in the same league of flavor flav and the mike the situation
gosh.. the world´s greatest army is going to be controlled by her.. that gives me goosebumps
derrida

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Board