View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - A True Skeptic!

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby derrida » 06 Dec 2010, 14:16

Scepcop wrote:
Radin has many videos on youtube too. Dude, books take time. I prefer quick summaries. They are a more efficient use of my time. Sorry if you don't like that.


gosh.. it does amazes me that you dont think that admiting you prefer youtube videos than reading affects your credibility.
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Arouet » 06 Dec 2010, 18:09

Or that its hard to be even remotely skeptical by relying solely on youtube videos. Being skeptical is all about overcoming bias. Youtube videos are not known from balanced reporting. also when it comes to scientific matters, you either get dumbed down tv pieces designed for the lowest common denominator or custom pieces with extreme bias. Not a great way at getting at the truth that way.

Not that there's not some really good stuff out there, but it should complement your research, not serve as the focal point. Scepcop recognizes that, which is why, when he promoted Sloan's book over on Skeptiko (he copied the post here) he made it appear that he was one of only a few people he followed on youtube. He didn't want to appear only as someone who watched youtube videos.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 19:02

Here are some deep thinking and philosophical musing videos from Darryl Sloan as examples of what I'm talking about. He makes many very good and well thought out points in them. You can tell by listening to him that not only is he very sincere and genuine, but very "awake and conscious" as well. This is the kind of person you can learn a lot from about how to think for yourself. Thus he is definitely worth listening to and why I recommend him, for you will benefit from it no doubt. He is definitely a rare find no doubt. Listen and you will see.

Nature's lesson on the pursuit of wealth and living in the now



Individual vs. Herd Mentality



Our relationship with animals (should we become vegetarians?)

Part 1 and 2:



Memory, death, and the hunger for significance



Time and eternity and the now

Part 1 and 2:



Are we all one consciousness?

Part 1 and 2:



Dreaming with a purpose

Part 1 and 2:

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 19:07

Arouet wrote:Or that its hard to be even remotely skeptical by relying solely on youtube videos. Being skeptical is all about overcoming bias. Youtube videos are not known from balanced reporting. also when it comes to scientific matters, you either get dumbed down tv pieces designed for the lowest common denominator or custom pieces with extreme bias. Not a great way at getting at the truth that way.

Not that there's not some really good stuff out there, but it should complement your research, not serve as the focal point. Scepcop recognizes that, which is why, when he promoted Sloan's book over on Skeptiko (he copied the post here) he made it appear that he was one of only a few people he followed on youtube. He didn't want to appear only as someone who watched youtube videos.


What is your point? Youtube is just a platform. There are all kinds of content on there. I only watch the good stuff. Darryl's videos are high quality and he is awake and sincere and highly intelligent. Those are all big points and why I respect him. He is a rare kind.

What is the flaw in that? It's my judgment.

What if I only watched videos by JREF on youtube? Would you be complaining? lol

What standard is credible to you? That I have to get a consensus from all the scientific journals? Can't I think for myself? Why do you advocate that I only believe what the establishment says? How is that skepticism?

Nothing you say makes any sense. That is why I don't spin these pointless circles to you. You don't make valid points. You just argue with no substance or logic, like a child.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Arouet » 06 Dec 2010, 20:55

Scepcop: Youtube videos are the start of research: you need to chase down the information in them if you want to consider yourself a skeptic. Just listening to Sloan and thinking to yourself - that sounds reasonable! is not a skeptical approach.

You call my argument style childish, I'll respectfully disagree, though I guess I have taunted you sometimes, but that's because I'm trying to pull out some actual debate from you! You tend to post something, describe how awesome and interesting and thought provoking it is, then abandon the conversation. Unless someone is agreeing with you you don't seem to want to debate anything at all. Let's put it to the test. You've ignored my suggestion that we actually analyze Sloan in depth:

Arouet wrote:Tell you what, Scepcop, let's do this. While I won't read the entire book, you pick the chapter in Sloan's book that you find the most convincing - make it one about something psi related not religion - and you and I (and anyone else who wants to) will analyse it - page by page. What do you say? I won't do it unless you join me.


So Scepcop: what chapter shall we discuss?`
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Craig Browning » 06 Dec 2010, 21:27

ProfWag wrote:
Arouet wrote:lol. Sloan vs Icke: battle of the giants. I keep forgetting to lurk on Icke's site- it's endlessly entertaining.

I guess, in all honesty, just like my personality is such that I see things pretty much black and white, it's in other's personalities to live their life in the "what if."
Remember when you were in school and you leaned back in your chair and then right before it tips over backward, you get a feeling in your stomach immediately before reaching out for the desk to pull you back up? That's the way I would feel all the time if I had to live my life in the "what if." (if that makes any sense whatsoever...)


Not to shift the subject, but that feeling in your gut is called INTUITION... granted, it's based on certain physical circumstances that make it more pronounced, but it is THE SAME THING psychic's learn to pay attention to and too, what experienced people in various fields LEARN to listen to... hunches, gut level feelings, discernment... it's all the same quasi-mystical thing (depending on your personal point of view).

I just couldn't let this example get by without pointing things out.. .I'll now return you to the WuTube Tv Show of "Fake PK & Dynamic B.S." (or is that "The Battle of the Rhetoric" show? I always get them confused...) :twisted:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby ProfWag » 06 Dec 2010, 22:10

Scepcop wrote:Nothing you say makes any sense. That is why I don't spin these pointless circles to you. You don't make valid points. You just argue with no substance or logic, like a child.

Okay, I'm throwing out the red BS flag here. In another thread this morning Scepcop, you said this: "Craig is here. What you say about him can make him feel bad. It is rude and brings bad vibes here too. And it's unecessary and uncalled for."
Then, you turn around call someone who disagrees with you a child. Talk about unnecessary and uncalled for...
Moderator, I'll be reporting this post of Scepcops and I think he should receive the same punishment that others receive on this board for name calling.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Arouet » 06 Dec 2010, 23:01

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:Uh nothing. If you had bothered to follow the link to Darryl's book, you'd know that you can download it for FREE! And if you get it in paperback, he is selling it at virtually cost price, so is making nothing from it.


I have not been able to find the free download. I saw one guy post a link of Scrib but its now no longer available there. Do you have a link to the free book Scepcop?
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby ProfWag » 06 Dec 2010, 23:59

Scepcop wrote:What is your point? Youtube is just a platform. There are all kinds of content on there. I only watch the good stuff. Darryl's videos are high quality and he is awake and sincere and highly intelligent. Those are all big points and why I respect him. He is a rare kind.

What do you consider "the good stuff?" What criteria do you use? Is it your opinion or is it the opinion of many? If you only watch videos that are "high quality," "awake," "sincere," and "highly intelligent," then may I refer you to some of Michael Shermer's videos? They meet that criteria. There are a heck of a lot of videos out there that is of high quality, sincere, and intelligent. Doesn't mean the person making the videos is credible or that the content is or is not based on factual information. What I think you mean, and this is just my opinion, is that you only watch videos that support your own beliefs. If I'm wrong, then please provide an example of a youtube video you have posted that supports hijacked airplanes flying into the WTC/Pentagon or terrestrial explanations for UFOs.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Arouet » 07 Dec 2010, 00:11

And let me be clear - there is a lot of good stuff on youtube. I've downloaded a number of debates for example (I convert them to Mp3 and listen on my ipod). There is also a lot of good introductory material out there on various subjects. And there may be some very good higher level stuff as well.

However, if all you are doing is watching youtube videos, that means you are not making attempts to verify the information discussed.

For example, you recently posted some videos about the US education system. I haven't watched them. But you mentioned that they are accurate. It is impossible to say that those videos are accurate without doing additional research.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby ProfWag » 07 Dec 2010, 00:52

Arouet wrote:And let me be clear - there is a lot of good stuff on youtube. I've downloaded a number of debates for example (I convert them to Mp3 and listen on my ipod). There is also a lot of good introductory material out there on various subjects. And there may be some very good higher level stuff as well.

However, if all you are doing is watching youtube videos, that means you are not making attempts to verify the information discussed.

For example, you recently posted some videos about the US education system. I haven't watched them. But you mentioned that they are accurate. It is impossible to say that those videos are accurate without doing additional research.

Most excellent point Arouet. Kind of what I was getting at earlier as well. You have no idea if the youtube video is accurate if you don't do independent research. To get accurate information, you have to do your homework outside of youtube and social networking sites!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby derrida » 07 Dec 2010, 04:20

ProfWag wrote:
Arouet wrote:And let me be clear - there is a lot of good stuff on youtube. I've downloaded a number of debates for example (I convert them to Mp3 and listen on my ipod). There is also a lot of good introductory material out there on various subjects. And there may be some very good higher level stuff as well.

However, if all you are doing is watching youtube videos, that means you are not making attempts to verify the information discussed.

For example, you recently posted some videos about the US education system. I haven't watched them. But you mentioned that they are accurate. It is impossible to say that those videos are accurate without doing additional research.

Most excellent point Arouet. Kind of what I was getting at earlier as well. You have no idea if the youtube video is accurate if you don't do independent research. To get accurate information, you have to do your homework outside of youtube and social networking sites!


well since scescop is pretty biased because he only watchs video that supports his beliefs.. would that make him a pseudo-skeptic in his own words?.. he only accepts his views.. none other information can get throught. yada yada yada...
:shock:
derrida
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 04:29

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby ProfWag » 07 Dec 2010, 09:36

derrida wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Arouet wrote:And let me be clear - there is a lot of good stuff on youtube. I've downloaded a number of debates for example (I convert them to Mp3 and listen on my ipod). There is also a lot of good introductory material out there on various subjects. And there may be some very good higher level stuff as well.

However, if all you are doing is watching youtube videos, that means you are not making attempts to verify the information discussed.

For example, you recently posted some videos about the US education system. I haven't watched them. But you mentioned that they are accurate. It is impossible to say that those videos are accurate without doing additional research.

Most excellent point Arouet. Kind of what I was getting at earlier as well. You have no idea if the youtube video is accurate if you don't do independent research. To get accurate information, you have to do your homework outside of youtube and social networking sites!


well since scescop is pretty biased because he only watchs video that supports his beliefs.. would that make him a pseudo-skeptic in his own words?.. he only accepts his views.. none other information can get throught. yada yada yada...
:shock:

Why yes, yes it would!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Craig Browning » 08 Dec 2010, 02:30

I've not completed my ditty on Sloan, PK, etc. but I did find another amazing demonstration of unexplainable PK Powers...

http://www.sbultimate.com/ultrahank.html











:lol:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Scepcop » 08 Dec 2010, 16:31

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Nothing you say makes any sense. That is why I don't spin these pointless circles to you. You don't make valid points. You just argue with no substance or logic, like a child.

Okay, I'm throwing out the red BS flag here. In another thread this morning Scepcop, you said this: "Craig is here. What you say about him can make him feel bad. It is rude and brings bad vibes here too. And it's unecessary and uncalled for."
Then, you turn around call someone who disagrees with you a child. Talk about unnecessary and uncalled for...
Moderator, I'll be reporting this post of Scepcops and I think he should receive the same punishment that others receive on this board for name calling.


Dude, calling someone "a child" is not the same thing as what Azrael said. No one's feelings get hurt when they are called a child. Get real. Stop making up nonsense. Grow up.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron