[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Paranormalist, Jim Callahan : Introduce Yourself - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Paranormalist, Jim Callahan

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Paranormalist, Jim Callahan

Postby ciscop » 31 Jul 2009, 09:54

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby gumpi » 03 Aug 2009, 22:33

Hello Jim,

I am not understanding what is going on here. Are you saying that you performed a magic trick on phenomenon?
gumpi

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 22:48

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 04 Aug 2009, 02:14

Criss Angel is a sad joke and a sign of the times we live in that anyone, with a strong publicity machine, can rise in the public eye. His average fans are 16 year old girls with goth fantasies.

Criss contacted me about becoming a consultant on his show. I refused. I knew it wasn't for me. I would not be part of something that bashes psychics, encourages intellectual bigotry, and dumbs down the art and craft of mentalism. Plus, to hang out with a 40-something guy who dresses like Brittney Spears would drive me to distraction. He screwed Banacheck and everyone else who worked with him. What a guy. I think it lowers the tone of this forum to even discuss him.

Jim was, in my opinion, one of the strongest performers on the show, if not the strongest. He hearkened back to the days when psychic entertainers weren't afraid to cross the line into strong presentations. I was delighted, but also knew there would be large numbers of people who wouldn't understand his performance. Behold Randi's legacy. A similar thing happened when my good friend Gerard Senehi appeared on the Today Show recently. JREF received tons of calls and e-mails wanting them to "take him down." JREF called Banachek asking if Gerard was one of the good guys. Banacheck told them Gerard was one of the most ethical performers around and a great guy, which he is. Again, behold Randi's legacy: a large group of people who cannot distinguish between powerful entertainment and someone out to steal the bankroll. Pah.

The good news is that the pseudoskeptics seem to be rapidly losing their credibility.

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby ciscop » 04 Aug 2009, 06:20

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Jim-Callahan » 05 Aug 2009, 05:53

Jim-Callahan

Postby ciscop » 05 Aug 2009, 06:07

Jim is telling the truth
it wasnt a Magic Trick
amongst Mentalists.. it is called an Effect
what he did was an effect.. actually more likely an act
nothing more, nothing less.
if you check jim´s site you will see that he is a Master Magician, and even has a label ¨that he is an artist creating realities¨ ( thats is his escape route, when he gets caught red handed or he gets bored with raymond, he can go and said it was all an act)

if he could repeat the effect for JREF he would get a million dollars, but he wont do it.. he wants to win the lottery without purchasing the ticket... so its a done deal there... what you see, is jim doing his character 24/7 like the chinese magician that pretended to be old in ¨The Prestige¨, well here is Jim, living his part i kind of admire that of him, he cant say raymond hill is just an act, because he is a paranormalist, you see?.
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 05 Aug 2009, 18:00

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 06 Aug 2009, 03:48

haha thats what jim got right about criss
i thought he hit in the nail when he call it a
40 year old dressing as an emo (or gothic kid?)
HILARIOUS! i thought it was great
well done jim!
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 06 Aug 2009, 04:04

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2009, 04:11

Please tell me that is NOT Chris Angel sans make up???????
NinjaPuppy

Postby Eteponge » 06 Aug 2009, 04:34

Eteponge

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 06 Aug 2009, 04:39

Jon Saint Germain

Postby ciscop » 06 Aug 2009, 04:44

yes.. i get it, i know what you stand for
it is entertainment so is valid to play with people beliefs if it is for ¨entertainment¨ and ¨theatrical¨ presentations
personally i think the best participant was Guy Bavli, i was also greatly impress with Gerry.

but back to the point..
great picture.. poor 40year old emo dude..
his picture is everywhere now
hahahahahaha love it
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2009, 07:34

Thanks for the clarification on the pic.

NinjaPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself