[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello - I'm New! : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hello - I'm New!

Introduce yourself here!

Hello - I'm New!

Postby PsiSearch » 27 Nov 2010, 10:03

Hi everyone- I like this site; it's a seemingly good Anti-Skeptical community. As you can see, I'm a believer in Psi and the paranormal and parapsychology. Dean Radin inspired (d) me to believe in Psi and the paranormal and parapsychology and such. Making me leave pseudo-skepticism- which should change all pseudo-skeptics.

My name is David; I practice Psi abilities- I'd love to help anyone into believing in Psi and/or helping them in Psi training. Although, this isn't a Psi training website.
I'm eighteen years old; going to college soon!

Anyways, this is it about me- feel free to PM me if you're able to.

Thanks!
PsiSearch

Re: Hello - I'm New!

Postby Arouet » 27 Nov 2010, 10:21

welcome!
Arouet

Postby PsiSearch » 27 Nov 2010, 10:31

PsiSearch

Postby Scepcop » 28 Nov 2010, 03:00

Welcome PsiSearch. Glad you like this site.

Dean Radin's books are good. But they are heavy on left brained science and statistics, not on imagination or creativity and concepts. :)

Have you read Charles Tart's latest title "The End of Materialism"? It's in my bookstore on this site.

18? Wow you are young to be involved in psychic training.

Have you done the psi wheel experiment yet? After some practice in 2000, I was able to move it fast, slow and change directions at will once. It was an elated experience. But I haven't done much of it since then.

You should check out this guy I watch on YouTube named Darryl Sloan. He is a true skeptic and truth seeker, and tells it like it is. He has many demonstrations of the psi wheel experiment in his YouTube channel. Check them out. They are nothing fantastic but are measurable and real. His thoughts and comments are very deep and philosophical too.

http://www.youtube.com/darrylsloan
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 28 Nov 2010, 22:49

Ok... welcome to the site but please hold your assumptions at bey... this IS NOT an "Anti-Skeptic" site and from what I can tell, never has been... not in the way I had hoped it would be when I first joined and I'm certain we're not alone with this disappointment. In fact, I find myself siding with the Skeptics that belong to this forum more than not.

Why?

Because I loathe fanaticism of all types, but most especially those that are in love with paranoia -- conspiracy theories and the exaggerated "Orwellian" sense of panic... the whole "Big Brother" delusion that (if we are being honest) we're actually powerless over IF it is a genuine reality. Understand, I'm not saying that the whole Illuminati thing is bogus, only that some (the greater majority of those that buy into it) take it a bit further than things actually go, finding the devil beneath every stone they find in much the same way various Evangelic types tend to do -- evil is in all things but our way of seeing it all and if you don't accept that truth, you're apart of it...

The Skeptics here get a bit bent over me because I do believe in certain aspects of the paranormal/psychic type abilities, hauntings, UFOs, etc. BUT, I also approach such things from a far more analytical and logic-based path than the majority of "believers" -- I don't accept such things "blindly" but based on decades of personal study, practice and of course, research into each area. My desire being to understand it as well as how it becomes a matter of sensation, high drama, and debate; my primary position being that a middle-ground exists in which both, the believer's views and that of the legit skeptic (not to be confused with the ego-driven cynics that are so common now days) comes together in a way that is amicable and even supportive... at least in general theory and perhaps a bit of metaphysical perspective. The thing is, I leave the door cracked vs. nailing it closed such as many "skeptics" tend to do. My inspirations, when it comes to my skeptical side, being some of the 19th and early 20th century investigators, most of whom were magicians (and believe it or not, several such folk were doing such studies long before the world even heard of Houdini)... people that had faith that were seeking confirmation of that faith but, in many an instant, found that the majority of healers, psychics, seers, etc. were simply money grabbers... kind of like the majority of those trades & groups that sell false hope i.e. religion, insurance companies, politicians, and so forth... ;)

Our host is a peculiar gent, to say the least. I believe that he has a very peculiar sense of perspective/perception and is unwittingly sucked into a wide range of "cult" type ways of thought, such as what can be found in the various contributions of David Icke and other fringe pseudo-science elements found on YouTube and other less than credible sources. I like Winston but feel a bit sorry for him when it comes to some of the questionable material he enjoys putting on the table, seemingly for us to cuss & discuss while he moves on to the next controversial issue. I still hold out hope that he'll some day discover actual research pools like the public library and even that handful of media groups yet infected by Rupert Murdoch's personal mode of social-political opinion & apparent agenda.

So again, welcome to the insanity that is SCEPCOP Forum, just recognize that it probably won't be what you're hoping for (though it could, if more of us start pushing to shift things as such, get there). ;)
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 29 Nov 2010, 01:32

This is an anti-pseudoskeptic site. The main pages from the home page and treatise are all about that. But this forum is another matter. I don't control the content here. The posters do. What they say and what I say are a different matter.

Of course this site does not oppose true skepticism and inquiry, which we all claim to advocate. But it does oppose pseudoskepticism. All the main pages and treatises make that clear.

So speak for yourself Craig Browning :P
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 29 Nov 2010, 05:05

Arouet

Postby Paradox » 29 Nov 2010, 06:12

I've just discovered this website. This would be the first time I've ever logged on to a proparanormal forum. I'm usually a member of skeptical websites, Christian websites and others where the majority of the users oppose my viewpoints on the so-called "paranormal" so I'm used to taking a beating. I've never been a member of JERF however. I have an extensive background working on industrial electrical/electronic systems as well as a decent mechanical background as well. I'm not an engineer or physicist but I do have a fair amount of knowledge of physics and especially electricity because my line of work requires this.

As far as my own personal beliefs go I do try to stick with to the scientific end of things. I used to be skeptical of all paranormal activity until several personal experiences changed that when quite a few people I knew as well as several close family members passed away in a relatively short period of time. I dislike using terms such as paranormal because I think what is coined as the "paranormal" is really just another part of science. If dualism is a natural phenomenon just like lightning, magnetism or gravity then there is nothing "unorthodox" or "unnatural" about it then. It's the same with using such terms as ghosts, spirits, souls and even the afterlife itself. To me these terms are an actual insult to a real phenomenon. To me what we term as spirits, souls, ghosts, entities or whatever are people very much like us but they live in a different dimension with finer grained atoms then us. I look at the afterlife in the same way. To me there is no afterlife because your mind never dies but just switches from one universe to another. The afterlife to me is nothing more than one of several dimensions (approximately 7 from what I've come to understand) that exist in our same time-space that interpenetrates each other but do not interfere with each other most of the time, or no paranormal activity would result.

I am not a religionist either though I was brought up as a Catholic. I believe there are certain parts to each religion that holds some truths but I do not believe any single religion is the only truth. To me religion is manmade and has nothing to do with promoting true enlightment. I do not consider myself "new age" either. I do not believe in some transcendental god, heaven, hell that exists outside of time and space and can be never observed. Most physicalists, religionists and new-agers see what we perceive as matter or the macroscopic level as real when quantum mechanics shows quite the opposite, that all energy and matter is nothing more then wave-particle duality.

Just for the record I'm a big believer in what is termed as the "paranormal". I believe the mind is seperate from the brain but I don't believe what we term as mind or "consciousness" has anything to do with quantum mechanics. I believe consciousness has to exist on even a deeper level. I believe when we pass on most of us will see "deceased" family and friends if there was any type of real bond in a different universe or dimension. Yes I believe in an "afterlife". I'm a big believer in psi. I'm a big fan of Ron Pearson's books about the Big Breed Theory which I think in the near future will replace the ridiculous Big Bang Theory. I dislike most self-proclaiming "critical thinking" and "skeptical" websites just as much as I dislike mainstream religious websites. Well enough about me.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Nov 2010, 21:15

Welcome PsiSearch and Paradox!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 30 Nov 2010, 03:44

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 30 Nov 2010, 03:51

ProfWag

Postby PsiSearch » 01 Dec 2010, 14:46

PsiSearch

Postby jeysmeth » 04 Dec 2010, 17:42

Hello David; I also new hear I like your thinking your thinking is so good.

[SPAM LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
jeysmeth

Postby Scepcop » 05 Dec 2010, 21:00

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 05 Dec 2010, 21:06

Funny, little known fact - we all use both sides of our brain!
Arouet

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself